· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:18 pm

I started the day with the plan of trying to buy a Pladask Form 2 but not worrying if I failed (I failed) and definitely not buying anything else.

. . . of course the disappointment of failing drove me to have a nose around Reverb for some of the pedals on my wishlist, and I found a good deal on a new EHX 8 Step Program.

So with a bit of luck it should be here on Wednesday :)

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:32 pm

Beauty man. Sounds good. I've been trying to wrap up some builds I haven't gotten around to finishing.. built a ESR Graphic Fuzz.. That's pretty cool, it's kind of noisy and weird.. But I haven't cranked it up through tubes yet, it might get boxed up.

Anyone have an Evil filter?

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:47 pm

Outgoing: Bad Stone
Incoming: ?

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:24 pm

In the mail:

Caroline Meteore
Red Panda Tensor
Revolvit Twist Express

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Vinyls, vinyls, vinyls :)

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:48 am

Hopped on the Thermae pre-order, so looks like this weekend or early next week I'll be in a pitch shifting K-hole. Pretty stoked, as this is the first pedal I've bought since the Shallow Water about a year ago.

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Finally content with my guitar board for doomy sludgy noises (minus the Idiotbox pedal, whenever it decides to show up...), I started wasting money on ambient noise makers for my bass/other stuff

Image
Image
Image

Some days I wonder if building pedal boards and dicking around with different effects and noises than anything else.

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:00 pm

nogodsnobedtimes wrote:Image


Curious about your impressions when this arrives. I previously owned a Digiverb, currently have a Polara, and dig most of DigiTech's reverb algorithms.




Prymaxe keeps foiling my efforts to be frugal with random sales on items that are actually in stock. I just scored one of these on clearance with an additional 10% off:

Image

I recall being particularly fond of the TAR+ card last time I owned one of these almost a decade ago and can't wait to experiment with some of the newer options including the Red Octave and Brown Muff. :animal:

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:18 pm

ck3 wrote:Curious about your impressions when this arrives. I previously owned a Digiverb, currently have a Polara, and dig most of DigiTech's reverb algorithms.


This is actually the second time I've bought this pedal, I regret selling the first one. It's by far one of my favorite reverb pedals. Simple knob based functions, sounds really lush and warm and not overly harsh or metallic. I like a lot of the Digitech/Hardwire pedals, though velcro never sticks well to them no matter what you do.

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:17 pm

nogodsnobedtimes wrote:
ck3 wrote:Curious about your impressions when this arrives. I previously owned a Digiverb, currently have a Polara, and dig most of DigiTech's reverb algorithms.


This is actually the second time I've bought this pedal, I regret selling the first one. It's by far one of my favorite reverb pedals. Simple knob based functions, sounds really lush and warm and not overly harsh or metallic. I like a lot of the Digitech/Hardwire pedals, though velcro never sticks well to them no matter what you do.


The custom-fit velcro that came with the Hardwire pedals worked great though, wish Boss would do it. And it's the strongest velcro I've ever used (have to pry it off with my foot on the board sometimes).

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:26 pm

IDK what velcro is on my thundercloud fuzz, but it's 4 tiny squares on each corner and holds better than some of my pedals with the entire back covered.

The first attempted removal of said pedal from a board was legit frustrating (in a humorous fashion), when much to my surprise, the board came with it.

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:51 pm

baremountain wrote:Hopped on the Thermae pre-order, so looks like this weekend or early next week I'll be in a pitch shifting K-hole. Pretty stoked, as this is the first pedal I've bought since the Shallow Water about a year ago.


I should be so beyond covered on harmonizers. But the Thermae is a siren song. It's so far beyond the rack analog pitch shifters from MXR, ART, and A/DA from before the H3000 changed the world. I'd love to find out what it can do at its outer limits, the things my digital buddies can't. Tonal Recall is attractive, but Thermae is alluring. Whole other level.

Gonna need to sell and save to make that happen.

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:33 pm

greyscales wrote:
nogodsnobedtimes wrote:
ck3 wrote:Curious about your impressions when this arrives. I previously owned a Digiverb, currently have a Polara, and dig most of DigiTech's reverb algorithms.


This is actually the second time I've bought this pedal, I regret selling the first one. It's by far one of my favorite reverb pedals. Simple knob based functions, sounds really lush and warm and not overly harsh or metallic. I like a lot of the Digitech/Hardwire pedals, though velcro never sticks well to them no matter what you do.


The custom-fit velcro that came with the Hardwire pedals worked great though, wish Boss would do it. And it's the strongest velcro I've ever used (have to pry it off with my foot on the board sometimes).


I've been keeping an eye out for some but haven't come across any yet. Not surprising really, I'm not sure why anyone would keep a bit of velcro, but someone has to have a little stash.

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:42 pm

Stumbled upon one of these in NOS condition for a decent price on the 'verb earlier today:

Image

The theme this week seems to be repurchasing pedals I previously owned between 2006-2008.

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Thermae shipping notice received! :omg:
Post a reply