Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:28 am

Ruiner wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:
Ruiner wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:I wouldn't skimp on contact mics if I were you. Hunt down a Barcus Berry pre-amp. :thumb:

Actually ordered this:

although i didn't get the preamp with it.... is there a reason i would want to? I figured i could just hook it up to my Electronaut M67 preamp and run it through some tubes for color that way too.

Not to get all "you just went full 'what's a VCA ' again" but You need a piezo pre-amp or it's going to sound like shit. It's an impedance thing.

You literally just bought the least essential element. :lol:

:lol: ok so I'll just run my preamp through a VCA. Problem solved!

The M67 might work (want clips plz!) But just to follow up here's a read on piezo impedance
http://www.award-session.com/pdfs/Imped ... tching.pdf
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby raj007 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:41 pm

Welp.....OP-1 incoming. Got a case for it, too.

Much hype.

I'll need to look into the little knick-knacks they have for it...
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby chrisdermo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:04 pm

Woot woot!
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:22 pm

codetocontra wrote:Stereo Field arrived yesterday. Sort of underwhelmed so far.

Want to nominate codetocontra for ILFer of the day/month/year. Is there something like that 'round here?

This amount of honesty and rilly-rill feedback (no pun intended), with one in the BST?

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to building this time machine so I can go back and not buy an Infinite Jets.
DRodriguez wrote:Imma build a disc delay based on a stationary bike, the faster you pedal, the faster the delay.

Bike backwards and you get a reverse delay.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby ck3 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:38 am

Still waiting on a preordered Pigtronix Mothership 2 and, given the seller seems unable to produce a tracking number, hoping the Harmonic Percolator clone I ordered from Poland (image posted here previously) actually arrives.

For now, a number of peripherals and accessories scored with 40th birthday money and the following Reverb sale items are inbound:

If the Tomsline AB/Y is functional, I foresee hours of fun layering combinations of the ART Power Plant, a Quilter 101 mini, and/or a Boss GL-100. :!!!:
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:01 am

hurm. i haven't had time to plug up my Stereo Field (man it is SEXY looking on my desk), and we're off on wife's bday vacation till Thursday, but can't yeah, thanks so much for the honesty with what you didna dig about it.

woot! Harmonig built, saw a IG clip of him playing with mines after calibration, should ship today and hoooooopefully will be waiting for me when i get back.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:13 am

Got this From Eivind August about a week ago. The bass used on the first iRerror albums! :zen:

Cleaned the fretboard, straightened the neck (after some shimmying and truss rod bullshit), gave it new strings and resoldered the electronics. Plays great now! :!!!:

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:04 pm

behndy wrote:hurm. i haven't had time to plug up my Stereo Field (man it is SEXY looking on my desk), and we're off on wife's bday vacation till Thursday, but can't yeah, thanks so much for the honesty with what you didna dig about it.

woot! Harmonig built, saw a IG clip of him playing with mines after calibration, should ship today and hoooooopefully will be waiting for me when i get back.

I don't want to taint your opinion. In fact, I would think it would be great if you loved it and told me I am crazy. I was just being honest. For better or worse, I have received several "Yeah, I didn't think it would be good" comments, and I am like "where were you when I was thinking about ordering one?" There has been a more recent trend of like anti-negative opinions of gear, like no one says something is bad they just stop talking about it. Maybe I am late to that party of mouth-shutting, but for now I want to voice my attempt at constructive criticisms. I value other opinions around here more than any other community. Gear is just an experience and I am happy to be able to try a few things now and then. Binge and purge, then repeat. Sometimes quickly, sometimes not. Y'all know the routine.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:25 pm

Yeah Vidret gave a really great rundown on his opinion of the Stereo Field that made me realize I definitely didn't want one, even though on paper it's totally up my alley -- which seems like it's in the same zipcode as yours, C2C.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:28 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Yeah Vidret gave a really great rundown on his opinion of the Stereo Field that made me realize I definitely didn't want one, even though on paper it's totally up my alley -- which seems like it's in the same zipcode as yours, C2C.

I remember you liked it too. But with these opinions mine is never going to make it out of BST. I would never make a good used car salesman. I pointed 2 people to this thread yesterday.
:picard:
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Invisible Man » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:33 pm

Taint.

Also, maybe you should go on record with a podcast where you talk in detail about gear you don't like so that it's recorded forever a la the Ottobit.

Let me buy a stereo field. We can do it together. Sigh.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby codetocontra » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:44 pm

Invisible Man wrote:Taint.

Also, maybe you should go on record with a podcast where you talk in detail about gear you don't like so that it's recorded forever a la the Ottobit.

Let me buy a stereo field. We can do it together. Sigh.

Ha. I at least thought the Ottobit Jr. had some redeeming qualities. I think my written opinions will suffice if anyone ever searches out the Stereo Field on here.

My Secret Satan receiver could get it, but I don't want to ruin their Xmas. Would rather send them a boutique cowbell. :lol:
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chrisdermo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:59 pm

If no one bites here list it on eBay / reverb it would sell surely?? They're still totally hot and hard to get hold of right now aren't they? It did kind of seem like a glorified crackle box to me with the added bonus of being in stereo.... which sounds right up my street, but the thing you've described that would totally kill it dead for me is the fluctuating levels, which is ultimately what destroyed the jomox t-resonator for me.

Incoming: Bugbrand Crossover filter!!
Tom doesn't make the expanders any more so I'm hoping to buy a 5fw case and a couple of blank panels off him to make my own.

Does anyone know of a simple preamp design I can use to boost audio signals (covering consumer and pro line levels) up to modular levels? (+5v I'm told). I need it to run off a simple 12v dc positive tip power supply if possible, not one of those fancy eurorack power supplies I know nothing about. I know this is a total noob duh question but if I search for 'modular level preamp' or similar I only find eurorack modules, either diy or not, that require one of those eurorack +/-12v power connector thingies. Can I just wire a regular 12vdc to two of the pins?
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:35 pm

codetocontra wrote:
I don't want to taint your opinion. In fact, I would think it would be great if you loved it and told me I am crazy. I was just being honest. For better or worse, I have received several "Yeah, I didn't think it would be good" comments, and I am like "where were you when I was thinking about ordering one?" There has been a more recent trend of like anti-negative opinions of gear, like no one says something is bad they just stop talking about it. Maybe I am late to that party of mouth-shutting, but for now I want to voice my attempt at constructive criticisms. I value other opinions around here more than any other community. Gear is just an experience and I am happy to be able to try a few things now and then. Binge and purge, then repeat. Sometimes quickly, sometimes not. Y'all know the routine.

lol. yeah. i mean, i'm going to use it mostly with modular, and mostly as an efx box. at least that's the plan. so the cv options INTEREST me. iiiiii hope i dig it more than you do, but yes. i do appreciate your honesty.

and it's not monetarily rewarding, but you're a good guy for beings aware of how it makes it harder to move, but still speak them wordlies.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:11 pm

Invisible Man wrote:Also, maybe you should go on record with a podcast where you talk in detail about gear you don't like so that it's recorded forever a la the Ottobit.

If I was googling for gear opinions, the last place I'd want them to be is buried in 1hr of audio :idk:
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear