Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby Dowi » Tue May 19, 2020 1:33 am

vidret wrote: i'd gotten used to starting a program/game and going to grab a snack or doing something else while it started, now it's just instantly there :lol:

SAAAAAAME.
Sooo jelaous of all those new computers. Still have to go on with mine until the end of the year, but it's definitely a priority.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jrfox92 » Tue May 19, 2020 1:47 am

vidret wrote:My old one was giving up, as i tried buying the least amount of parts I could to use as much as possible from the old one it soon became apparent that just buying the whole thing (except PSU) would eventually have to be it.

Yeah, honestly, this is Pt.2 of an upgrade I started 2 years ago when I got a new Mboard, GPU, RAM, and processor. The GPU suddenly died, and since I was already getting the new SSD, HDD, PSU and changing the case to something a little more modern (really just one that doesn't have optical drive ports) I figured fuck it, and got a 1660 super since that's already more than enough for my 1080p and 2x 720p monitors.
But, yeah, it used to take 15 minutes just waiting for startup to get going, now it's all done in 10 seconds.

Also, this total upgrade means I can rebuild the old computer so that I'll have a basic home computer that's good enough for browsing and other shit and a nice, dedicated gaming computer.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Warpsmasher » Tue May 19, 2020 9:54 am

Mine is a full build from scratch, here's the parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Warpsmasher/saved/K8FdD3

Never done it this way before, but have wanted to for around 15 years. Especially now after pedalboarding and modular, it's just time at last.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Tue May 19, 2020 2:12 pm

cosmicevan wrote:
Paul_C wrote:Despite my recent influx of pedals I've still been looking for something else to buy *sigh*

Fortunately, I've got so much stuff now that pretty much everything I look at I already have a pedal that does something close enough that I can't justify the purchase *hurrah*

Never let it be said that I'm the sort of person to let that stop me - I've just ordered a Korg Volca Modular instead !

My only fear is that it could be a short trip to multiple Volcas, followed by the sale of the Volcas and the purchase of Eurorack gear :eek:

I know what you mean. I am trying to try to stay away from Eurorack too but all signs are pointed that I will eventually cave.

That said, I am still keeping the delivery guys employed...

- The saturnworks pedal order switcher arrived a few days ago.

- The Arcades is a replacement...mine has been rebooting a lot so CooperFX sent me a replacement (amazing customer service)

...and I am bursting w excitement to get that M o o d plugged in a bit later after the kids are in bed!!!!

Still waiting on my Drolo Molecular Disruptor (over 2 months) and also have a Josh Wah on the way that I am pretty pumped to try out.

I was hoping to get the Volca today but the postie passed me by, hopefully tomorrow.

In related news I discovered it can be hooked up to Eurorack stuff, so I've started looking at what's good and what's bad - I'm not buying though* !

*yet.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Tue May 19, 2020 5:25 pm

Paul_C wrote:I was hoping to get the Volca today but the postie passed me by, hopefully tomorrow.

In related news I discovered it can be hooked up to Eurorack stuff, so I've started looking at what's good and what's bad - I'm not buying though* !

*yet.

That's exactly what I said after getting my first Pocket Operator...I now have 6 of them.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Tue May 19, 2020 5:47 pm

Well someone on Reverb is selling a rack with three Moog Mother-32s in . . .
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Tue May 19, 2020 7:27 pm

I got both the Moog Subharmonicon and a Neunaber Immerse over the weekend. Very happy with both of them so far!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Tue May 19, 2020 11:10 pm

Order an 0-CTRL - had a Rene but it bored the shit out of me, I think this might bridge the gap between sequencer and keyboard in the right way for me.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby Schlatte » Fri May 22, 2020 6:32 am

I just received the Digitech Hyperphase that I bought for cheaps on the local classifieds and I have to say holy shit... if you ever want to frame someone for a murder, just buy a used pedal with velcro on bottom, you'll get enough hair to plant at the scene... I don't know if the previous owner used that thing as a hairbrush or if it was played exclusively in hair salons but with all the wool that was stuck in that pedal I could probably make 2-3 hair pieces for bald men in need...
Anyways, it swooshes alright and the stepped mode is approved :thumb:
Good Deals with: All these fine people!

MOM-D Shark Tank is back! Open Source Designs for musical pleasure! Back in the Tank! Go check it out!
Schlatte

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri May 22, 2020 8:01 am

Got this in today!

I've tried it for 5 minutes and it rips!! Thanks Lubdar. :!!!:

Also got a DD-8 from the secret santa '19 folks :hug:

What a day!

Schlatte wrote:I just received the Digitech Hyperphase that I bought for cheaps on the local classifieds and I have to say holy shit... if you ever want to frame someone for a murder, just buy a used pedal with velcro on bottom, you'll get enough hair to plant at the scene... I don't know if the previous owner used that thing as a hairbrush or if it was played exclusively in hair salons but with all the wool that was stuck in that pedal I could probably make 2-3 hair pieces for bald men in need...
Anyways, it swooshes alright and the stepped mode is approved :thumb:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Glad you like it, it's a very cool pedal for the price imo.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby cosmicevan » Fri May 22, 2020 1:32 pm

HOLY $%&@!!!!!

It only took 2.5 months, but it actually happened...it just showed up...I'm in disbelief!!!

DROLO - Molecular Disruptor!!!! (w 2 chips of programs)

•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Fri May 22, 2020 2:52 pm

cosmicevan wrote:HOLY $%&@!!!!!

It only took 2.5 months, but it actually happened...it just showed up...I'm in disbelief!!!

CBS was my secret Santa in the past and I was a nervous wreck sending and waiting for confirmation that it arrived.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby mathias » Fri May 22, 2020 3:01 pm

cosmicevan wrote:HOLY $%&@!!!!!

Perhaps this is too soon, but I’ve been waiting to reply “dibs on the flip” on this :lol:
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Warpsmasher » Sat May 23, 2020 9:50 am

Two, one for the living room, one for the new computer. Both 65". Dirtiest money I ever took but fuck it yo, shit's gonna be epic.

Got the new computer all assembled, windows installed, everything detected and running properly after a few minor hiccups, nothing that couldn't be google-fixed. Still need to get the RGB software installed to get control of the fan lights (it won't really be camera-ready until that's done), and start loading it up with all my old familiar apps and files. I now have wireless internet at ripping fast speed, better than the wired connection on my old computer. The new PCIe gen4 makes a big difference with that I think; I transferred a large batch of videos from one flash drive to another, and the shit went 2 and a half gigs per second. :love:

Set the ram to the 3600 XMP profile in BIOS, but it still defaults to 2133 mhz, like many others. Had to google this and didn't really get a simple answer, but as I understand it, it's because it's in dual channel mode, so it's like getting double the shown speed, and also optimizes latency timing, without fucking with the voltage or any other overclocking stuff. I guess I won't care as long as my video software runs superfast, but I might just have to obsess on it until I understand it better...
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat May 23, 2020 10:24 am

God damn those are some monitors.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear