Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby sylnau » Tue May 08, 2018 9:01 pm

Bye Bye Telecaster... welcome ???
I'm going the the Drummondville Guitar Expo here in Canada on the weekend to look for a new guitar.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Nateispro » Tue May 08, 2018 9:59 pm

I have a polymoon dropping in tomorrow or Thursday! Super excited to try it out!! I miss my Mercury7 from them.
Turn Up Tune Down Rock Out

Good deals: Holy Schnikes
Nateispro

committed
committed

Postby comesect2.0 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:10 pm

totally need to grab one of those diy guitar kits soon, really just need to find a body cuz im set with random parts.
funny, most of yall talk about going modular and im going from noise synthy drone stuff to strings more and more
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Wed May 09, 2018 12:52 am

BitchPudding wrote:
Aghartha wrote:
BitchPudding wrote:Planning on grabbing one of these RD kits in a few weeks

I've never built a guitar before, and from what I've heard these kits are solid. Should be fun. Probably gonna slap some Dream 180's in there to replace whatever pickups come with it. Hyped.

I've been thinking about building a kit for fun and I've heard mostly good things about Pitbull. Let us know how it goes!

Will do! The only thing Ive heard about the RD is that its smaller than the OG. But thats fine by me cause Im a small person. A small person whos a massive fan of ghost. :doom:

Can't wait to get this bad boy. If anyone else hops on a kit, lemme know.

Very much will at some point, having pinewood derby memories triggered by this picture
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Wed May 09, 2018 7:31 am

Data Corrupter arrived safe and sound - a quick test with my newly-modded Drone Thing suggests it'll be a lot of fun.

Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Wed May 09, 2018 7:44 am

Dandolin wrote:So...I just boughted Sweetwater's demo unit of the Orange Omec Teleport.... Rig, meet Borderlands :joy:

Helllllllls yeah!
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Dandolin » Wed May 09, 2018 8:37 am

ikr

seen some concerns expressed about spec [16 bit] [lack of blend knob], latency, and price.

I was like [16 bit? pfft, make v2 12 bit]

[blend? wtf? like I bought this to use all those incredible iOS amp sims? I'm running all the granular and glitch engines I can find...my dry signal can take a nap]

[copy sez near-zero latency...I know we live in the age of lies, but maybe it actually is true-ish, which, if so :joy: , but if not so true, erm, Borderlands]

[price? list is $139, demo was less, wait for a patriarchy-themed mass-consumer-surge discount activity and you can probs get out for a numerologically significant shaving less than $112 US credit obligation chits :idk: it can be swung?]

I'll try to think sad thoughts for the salty that are holding out for their rightful sub-100-dolla, zero latency, 24 bit, top drawer converter'd, studio-quality interface with analog dry-through and expression-controlled blend in a 1590a. But it's going to be hard, because I'll be *very* busy trying to suppress my cackling as I use Midi Guitar to play a sample of the world's tiniest violin into motherfucking Borderlands and gesture my way into blurry nirvana.

but don't stress fellow consumers i'll return to hold back the veil for yinz after i get done chillin' with buddha's glitchitar in trāyastriṃśa
Last edited by Dandolin on Wed May 09, 2018 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Wed May 09, 2018 9:02 am

Things are so boring, the only thing I received recently were a couple v-picks that I still haven't had a chance to use :picard:
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby rickenbastard » Wed May 09, 2018 9:49 am

Tonight I’m picking up a Mesa Powerhouse 2x12 bass cab I found on Craig’s list. Pretty stoked
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby ritz » Wed May 09, 2018 10:09 am

Dandolin wrote:ikr

seen some concerns expressed about spec [16 bit] [lack of blend knob], latency, and price.

[blend? wtf? like I bought this to use all those incredible iOS amp sims? I'm running all the granular and glitch engines I can find...my dry signal can take a nap]

[copy sez near-zero latency...I know we live in the age of lies, but maybe it actually is true-ish, which, if so :joy: , but if not so true, erm, Borderlands]

[price? list is $139, demo was less, wait for a patriarchy-themed mass-consumer-surge discount activity and you can probs get out for a numerologically significant shaving less than $112 US credit obligation chits :idk: it can be swung?]

I'll try to think sad thoughts for the salty that are holding out for their rightful sub-100-dolla, zero latency, 24 bit, top drawer converter'd,studio-quality interface with analog dry-through and expression-controlled blend in a 1590a. But it's going to be hard, because I'l be *very* busy trying to suppress my cackling as I use Midi Guitar to play a sample of the world's tiniest violin into motherfucking Borderlands and gesture my way into blurry nirvana.

but don't stress fellow consumers i'll return to hold back the veil for yinz after i get done chillin' with buddha's glitchitar in trāyastriṃśa

Wow didn't know this exisited, super slick idea, please do report back.

(I want one to run stuff into borderlands too)
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.
ritz

experienced
experienced

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Wed May 09, 2018 10:55 am

Got a Depths and a Glacial Zenith on the way. I think I'm gonna need a bigger board.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby Inconuucl » Wed May 09, 2018 11:16 am

spacelordmother wrote:
Dandolin wrote:So...I just boughted Sweetwater's demo unit of the Orange Omec Teleport.... Rig, meet Borderlands :joy:

Helllllllls yeah!

iDensity and Audio Damage's Replicant 2 are tasty for guitar too! :snax:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dandolin » Wed May 09, 2018 11:34 am

ritz wrote:
Dandolin wrote:OMEC Teleport shiz blah blah blah

totes :thumb:

Inconuucl wrote:iDensity and Audio Damage's Replicant 2 are tasty for guitar too! :snax:

Woohoo! :joy:

"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Wed May 09, 2018 2:48 pm

ritz wrote:
Dandolin wrote:ikr

I'll try to think sad thoughts for the salty that are holding out for their rightful sub-100-dolla, zero latency, 24 bit, top drawer converter'd,studio-quality interface with analog dry-through and expression-controlled blend in a 1590a. But it's going to be hard, because I'l be *very* busy trying to suppress my cackling as I use Midi Guitar to play a sample of the world's tiniest violin into motherfucking Borderlands and gesture my way into blurry nirvana.

Not as pedalboard friendly, but you can get your guitar into an iPad with a lot of usb interfaces too. Some just need a powered usb hub to run. :snax:
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed May 09, 2018 3:00 pm

just ordered an Elektron Digitakt. Will be here Friday. :joy:
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear