Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:29 pm

Incoming: Electro Faustus Black Fly, Korg Monotron Delay, Gakken SX-150 ribbon synth

It's like a whole new drone set in one haul!
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:20 pm

gnomethrone wrote:I've got a Quilter 101 incoming. Can't wait to make a lil' gnome stack with it.

I've never heard of this before, sounds tasty. How does it take pedals? :snax:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby gnomethrone » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:39 pm

From what I've read its great with pedals. When it gets here I'll definitely report back on how it sounds with my setup :thumb:
good dealings here:
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:05 pm

I think Ck3 has one .. maybe.. I could be imagining that..
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:46 pm

You are correct, sir. I've owned a Quilter 101 Mini for the better part of a year and have achieved satisfactory tones with almost all pedals I've tried through both 4x12 and 2x12 cabs. I typically use the Lead voice with Gain at 1.8, Tri Q around 1:00, Hi Cut almost completely off, and Master around 2W (for home noodling). My only complaints are that the onboard drive begins to sound fizzy and synthetic when the gain control is at or near dimed, and the headphone jack has no speaker emulation. Otherwise, it's an exemplary solid state pedal platform with ample output, plenty of clean headroom, and a chassis the size of 2 1/2 stompboxes.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:15 am

good dealings here:
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:24 am

Heraclitus Akimbo wrote:, Gakken SX-150 ribbon synth

GAKKEN SQUAD ASSEMBLE!
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:27 am

Just snagged a Dream Sequence and Infinite Jets in a localish trade! I am excite! I never really dove into the Infinite Jets, so I'm looking forward to spending some studio time with it. I'm mostly likely going to be using it for some vocals. :) I've also got my midi clock on my Akai MPK set up with the Dream Sequence. It's really cool to be able to play through it as well as set the clocks the same. It's also really weird. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to directly get it to play with the controller, but I haven't quite figured that out yet.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby odontophobia » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:21 pm

Jwar wrote:Just snagged a Dream Sequence and Infinite Jets in a localish trade! I am excite! I never really dove into the Infinite Jets, so I'm looking forward to spending some studio time with it. I'm mostly likely going to be using it for some vocals. :) I've also got my midi clock on my Akai MPK set up with the Dream Sequence. It's really cool to be able to play through it as well as set the clocks the same. It's also really weird. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to directly get it to play with the controller, but I haven't quite figured that out yet.

Would love to duck with either of these if you don’t jive let me know.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Errant Tiger » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:36 pm

Scored a Phase 99 for $99 including shipping. This is one of my Top 3 (current) “reach” items and I’m super stoked.
Errant Tiger

experienced
experienced

Postby frodog » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:44 pm

I picked up a cheap early '80s midnight blue Tama Swingstar kit locally. Kick, floor tom, two smaller toms (with mount), snare. No other stands, cymbals or hardware, and the toms lack the bottom hoops but it's otherwise in good shape.

Will post in the drum thread when it's photographed, right now I can't/don't know where to set it up. Just had to get it for the price, vintage look and my odd meter rhythm obsession.

Also officially in: Tetanus Booster! So happy I got to buy that from the excellent RMA tourbox, it is gain heaven. Again, will post further thoughts in the appropriate thread.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:24 am

frodog wrote:Also officially in: Tetanus Booster! So happy I got to buy that from the excellent RMA tourbox, it is gain heaven. Again, will post further thoughts in the appropriate thread.

Nice! That was, surprisingly, my favourite of the bunch. Congrats.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Warpsmasher » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:47 pm

Traded/sold: Karp & 2 DPLPG
For: 2HP Seq & some money
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:03 pm

sold one of my avatar cabs. shipped it to nj. probably not doing that again, kind of sucked and I'm terrified that something will happen to it. an expensive.
I'll sit on my 212 if it doesn't sell locally. hoard gear, ya know.

trade a telecaster deluxe reissue for a secret satan gift and a Fulltone Custom shop mini deja-vibe. probably not my cup of coffee but the guy was itching to do a partial trade/cash scenario. gotta wait around to try it out.

satan gift that I picked up was one of the first pedals I owned not named boss ds-1. bought it back when I didn't know shit about playing guitar. excited to be giving it. kind of doing a theme for my satan gift so this is fun and fitting and should prove interesting.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Benn Roe » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:47 am

I'm expecting the S-locks and top coat today that I think constitute the last things I need to build my guitar. Now, the work begins: drilling, finishing, shielding, and wiring...
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear