Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:33 pm

rickenbastard wrote:My heart is racing. I just sent the deposit for a Matamp GT-150. Waiting for the confirmation email about an international bank wire was such a stressful 5 mins. Almost had a damn panic attack but now it's all excitement and dreading being broke for a month.

You are making the right decision, :thumb:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:49 pm

Scored a Boss PS-3 for $50 from a coworker. Buddy bought it for his country cover band and it didn't fit his style. Imagine that. Can't wait to check it out.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby rickenbastard » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:03 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
rickenbastard wrote:My heart is racing. I just sent the deposit for a Matamp GT-150. Waiting for the confirmation email about an international bank wire was such a stressful 5 mins. Almost had a damn panic attack but now it's all excitement and dreading being broke for a month.

You are making the right decision, :thumb:

I spoke to Jeff on the phone for almost an hour yesterday. Any question I had whether I was making the correct choice was answered by him. He told me every detail about how they build everything and why they do it that way. After a while of debating other options I'm so glad I didn't choose any of the imitators. I'm also going to have it upgraded to KT-88's.
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby spacelordmother » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:23 pm

Aquietcabin1978 wrote:Scored a Boss PS-3 for $50 from a coworker. Buddy bought it for his country cover band and it didn't fit his style. Imagine that. Can't wait to check it out.

:lol: Score!
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Eivind August » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:42 pm

Eivind August wrote:Well, I got a Pretty Years today for ILFmas. Also ordered a Bananana Mandala because of course I did.

Oh yeah, just got and paid my invoice for that Wolf Computer run Eric announced a couple of weeks ago, so that is coming as well!
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby lokmund » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:57 pm

Eivind August wrote:Well, I got a Pretty Years today for ILFmas. Also ordered a Bananana Mandala because of course I did.

Hnnng Mandala.

Dibs. :hello:
lokmund

interested
interested

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:01 pm

Mmmmmmmmmm!!

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:29 pm

:love:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Just splurged on a SS/BS Fuck - should be here soon. Current plan is to take that mention of the Disintegration Loops records from its description to heart and drone with it towards full crackle after a Generation Loss towards full destruction
Zijnzijn Zijnzijn!

committed
committed

Postby ck3 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:41 pm

The Eristic wrote:
ck3 wrote:Image

Interested in hearing a review on this. That series seems like it's probably full of real sleepers.

amnesiac305 wrote:yeah..i am real curious about the maxon fuzzes as well.

I was able to spend a bit of quality time with the Maxon Fuzz Elements Fire earlier this evening. My initial impressions are positive. I've never been able to play through an original Roland AF-100 Bee Baa, but have tinkered with a number of boutique clones. The Fire definitely ranks highly among them.

I still need to conduct some A/B tests to be certain, but am thinking the Fire is relatively similar to the Earthbound Audio Pale Mare in terms of tones and texture. It seems a bit darker overall, but can provide comparable fuzzy crunch and buzziness with the right settings. The Fire also sounds a bit more thick and full than the Black Cat Bee Buzz or Black Arts Toneworks Black Sheep. Based on memory, I'd day it is brighter and more defined compared to the Super Electric Bee Baby and Lone Wolf Audio Black Goat. It has been many years since I last owned Barge Concepts BB-1, though I'd venture to guess the Fire is a bit darker and more wooly-sounding.

One concern I had before ordering the Fire was upper octave harmonic content, which turned out to be far less prominent compared to some of the earlier demo vids. I enjoy octave fuzz, but was relieved to find that upper octave harmonics were faint and only prominent in notch mode with the sustain at minimum while using the neck pickup of my guitar with the tone rolled completely off.

The only complaint that comes to mind would be the placement of the bypass and notch switches. I suppose that Maxon only had a limited amount of surface area to work with, though a flip switch for each fuzz mode would have been just fine IMO. Otherwise, the tone, features, and form factor of the Fire make it a great addition to pedalboards of all sizes.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:56 am

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNcomin :!!!: :!!!: :omg: :joy:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:
Intellijel Planar joystick
Attachments
plan.jpg
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:31 am

love that little rack setup
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:41 am

I really wanna get some sort of mpc/maschine type thing for making sample based beats. Ive got all this old vinyl and flipping it into something else is the dream rn.

Also have a Hollowtone Tape Soup coming soon as part of a trade. A new pedal day to ring in the new year? Yea sure.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ShaunNecro » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:45 am

Getting a V4 from my buddy up in Michigan to add to my stack of Ampeg. I have to wait two more days though...

Wills Dissolve
http://facebook.com/willsdissolveband
https://willsdissolve.bandcamp.com
http://shaunnecro.tumblr.com/
Iommic Pope wrote:Remember, she was dead when you got there......but you couldn't have been there-you were on a jumping castle at that point in time.

We just call it the "doom" room in the hope we might lure hipster girls there...into our rape vans....I mean vans of righteous wizarding.
ShaunNecro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:55 am

still need to get mine fixed...
:picard:
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear