Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby ck3 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Jero wrote:
ck3 wrote:
friendship wrote:I heard that thing is pretty fun

The DOD FX52 is a magical Big Muff/Fuzzface hybrid with plenty of mids. I was hoping for a reissue, but, alas, DOD is no more.

That and the American Metal...both pedals I've owned and wish I still had years later :facepalm:

The super version of that pedal sounds like a crunchier HM-2 in video clips and is definitely on the short list of DOD pedals I'd like to try.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:05 am

ck3 wrote:
Jero wrote:
ck3 wrote:
friendship wrote:I heard that thing is pretty fun

The DOD FX52 is a magical Big Muff/Fuzzface hybrid with plenty of mids. I was hoping for a reissue, but, alas, DOD is no more.

That and the American Metal...both pedals I've owned and wish I still had years later :facepalm:

The super version of that pedal sounds like a crunchier HM-2 in video clips and is definitely on the short list of DOD pedals I'd like to try.

That's what I had, the 4 knob super :facepalm: but I wasn't making the same noises at the time...I was most certainly using my 335 when I had it, and I mostly hate the way it sounds through my Throat Locust...but with my Tele (or bass!) :love: :idk:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby omarwhite » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:11 am

scored a black 80s Peavey Foundation bass for $100 yesterday. so sick.
omarwhite

committed
committed

Postby baremountain » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 am

Thermae is OUT FOR DELIVERY :zen:
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:14 pm

Got a BOG Fuzz Face in a few days ago. Blew everything but my turbo distortion off the board. Shit is rad as fuck.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:17 pm

the AC15 came into Guitar Center on Wednesday, so i drove over to Richmond today to pick it up. i played with it for a few minutes before taking it home to be sure it hadn't been damaged in shipment. it's perfect...the normal channel is nice and clean, and the Top Boost channel has a delightful raspiness when set above 50%. and the Celestion greenback eliminates ice-pickiness as a concern. i'm really looking forward to turning it out tomorrow.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:50 pm

Badass dude. I'm glad it's what you are looking for! I'm not sure if you've ever heard of Hoffman amps, but dude makes a 18 watt "stout" .. that's my current low watt lust.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:07 pm

nogodsnobedtimes wrote:
greyscales wrote:
nogodsnobedtimes wrote:
ck3 wrote:Curious about your impressions when this arrives. I previously owned a Digiverb, currently have a Polara, and dig most of DigiTech's reverb algorithms.

This is actually the second time I've bought this pedal, I regret selling the first one. It's by far one of my favorite reverb pedals. Simple knob based functions, sounds really lush and warm and not overly harsh or metallic. I like a lot of the Digitech/Hardwire pedals, though velcro never sticks well to them no matter what you do.

The custom-fit velcro that came with the Hardwire pedals worked great though, wish Boss would do it. And it's the strongest velcro I've ever used (have to pry it off with my foot on the board sometimes).

I've been keeping an eye out for some but haven't come across any yet. Not surprising really, I'm not sure why anyone would keep a bit of velcro, but someone has to have a little stash.

Well I'll be damned, the pedal came with the velcro pad in the box. My lucky day.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby dubkitty » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:18 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Badass dude. I'm glad it's what you are looking for! I'm not sure if you've ever heard of Hoffman amps, but dude makes a 18 watt "stout" .. that's my current low watt lust.

is that a take on the Marshall 1974x circuit? i've been lusting after one of those for ages.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Nateispro » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:40 pm

Nateispro wrote:Ive been so in love with my 79 Ibanez St-50 I threw down a bid on another one off Ebay and won it. I wasnt expecting too. :lol: :lol: So needless to say I have this beast landing in the next week or so. I own more guitars 79-89 than current production ones :yay:

Well this was a bust :picard: :picard: Super untrue description. Was told it was in great playing shape with no fret wear. Wrong! massive fret wear on the first 5 frets and two of the tuners didnt work, the only thing making them look functional was string tension and the truss rod didnt work. It has run out of room to tighten and had a HUGE bow in it still. I raised a fit and needless to say it went back today. I have 300 or so burning a hole in my pocket, idk if i want to scope another one of these out or go for something else entirely.
Turn Up Tune Down Rock Out

Good deals: Holy Schnikes
Nateispro

committed
committed

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:40 am

That blows man. At least you still have a good one!!
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:37 pm

Well... I finally succumbed to this place's peer pressure.. and am buying an aluminum guitar..
NSFW: show
looks like I'm going to have fun removing stickers and.. rubber feet? from it though...
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:07 pm

I feel like those ether make your nips cool or leave wicked burns depending on the weather.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:27 pm

what is nips?
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:29 pm

Baby, don't hurt me?