What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymous

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:45 pm

So when you go to pick it up you don't have to drive back if it's all jacked up or not what you expected ;)
BetterOffShred

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:31 pm

the shipping was $28 for a package of ~50 lb., which i'm pretty sure is lower than UPS would charge the typical punter. i was surprised by the shipping charge, but i didn't want to look any more...it was difficult enough to find an AC15 in good condition at a reasonable price from a seller who would even ship. all the decently priced ones in good shape on Reverb (where the prices were lower than eBay) were local pickup only. this one is purportedly in "Excellent" condition and it was only $379 plus tax and shipping. i also went out of my way to find one with the Celestion speaker, not only because the greenbacks are my favorite but also because the Vox speaker in some AC15s is by reputation rather ice-picky, which is the exact opposite of what i'm looking for.
"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:51 pm

my compulsion to buy every single CF pedal I see continues!!!!!!!!
Seance wrote:I want all nonsense in the pedal itself, but no-nonsense in how I acquire the pedal.
MechaGodzilla

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:15 pm

dubkitty wrote:AC15

Is it one of those purple ones? :snax: :love:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
"Flangers gonna Flange, though. There's no way around that." - Joel Korte
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:10 pm

sadly, no. it's standard-issue black. actually, i really wanted a green one, but i couldn't afford to spend a $100+ premium just to get the right color of Tolex. i was totally function-oriented, otherwise i'd have gotten a Marshall Class 5...i find them much more attractive than the Vox, and when i played one back when they first came out i loved it. but it's only 5 watts as compared to 15 for the Vox. the Marshall is also a really simple amp, just a single overall volume and a T/M/B tone stack; the AC15 has two channels including Top Boost which i adore, a master volume, spring reverb, and that lovely Vox tremolo. even though i usually use pedals for reverb and trem, i figure that it can't hurt to have the amp effects as another voice.
Last edited by dubkitty on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:20 pm

:hug: Yeah, some of those limited editions look fantastic (especially the two-tone ones). :!!!:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
"Flangers gonna Flange, though. There's no way around that." - Joel Korte
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:29 pm

oh, i could get totally lost buying amps i thought were cool-looking.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:55 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:my compulsion to buy every single CF pedal I see continues!!!!!!!!

actual wah? fuzz wah? tremolo? what is it man??!!
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:04 am

listing was vague, just said wah. I will give more deets when it shows up!!!!

dumb thing - i've gone from being a person who doesn't like wah, to needing one for 1-2 songs in a set, to someone who owns 4 and thinks they're one of the most expressive effects you can have

i mean
Seance wrote:I want all nonsense in the pedal itself, but no-nonsense in how I acquire the pedal.
MechaGodzilla

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:07 am

This sort of revelation belongs in the Confessions thread man!
;)
BetterOffShred

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby calfzilla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:59 am

Looking forward to seeing what it's all about! Love the doomidrive I have.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:00 am

calfzilla wrote:
MechaGodzilla wrote:my compulsion to buy every single CF pedal I see continues!!!!!!!!

Turned up today, says inside it's a coloursound wah clone but it has an inductor. I thought that coloursound wahs were inductorless, coz I had one from the 70s and it wasn't great - like a tone pot you controlled with your foot. This CF sounds wicked though, the knob on the side is a low-end or gain control. Rolled back you get a fairly standard funky quack, but maxed out you get a fat, synthy wub on the low end which is fucking gnarly. It was pretty cheap and I'm really pleased with it. :)*
MechaGodzilla

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:39 am

Kinda bummed I missed this haha. Sounds awesome! Been wanting to try a colorsound clone for a while now.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby ck3 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:22 am

I found a used Catalinbread Ge Karma Suture for a decent price. This will be Harmonic Percolator variant #8 in the current arsenal. My prior experience with this pedal was meh, but I have a feeling it will sound much better with current amplification options.
ck3

experienced
experienced

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:28 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:
calfzilla wrote:

Turned up today, says inside it's a coloursound wah clone but it has an inductor. I thought that coloursound wahs were inductorless, coz I had one from the 70s and it wasn't great - like a tone pot you controlled with your foot. This CF sounds wicked though, the knob on the side is a low-end or gain control. Rolled back you get a fairly standard funky quack, but maxed out you get a fat, synthy wub on the low end which is fucking gnarly. It was pretty cheap and I'm really pleased with it. :)*

Nice! I had a colorsound reissue for a while and I loved it, best wah I ever had. Can't remember if I checked for an inductor or not.
Good deals with: AngryGoldfish, Officer Bukowski, casterbro, amnesiac305, Achtane, Snufkino, Tom Dalton, DarkAxel, JamesSGBrown, casperh7, Tristan, intothegroove, Gigahearts_FX, alalalkasar, nightterrors, Schlatte, Dandolin, jskadiang, laekna, biftaclyro, maortojn, oscillateur

some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck

I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/releases
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear