Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri May 25, 2018 8:11 pm

Twinsieeeees!!! :joy: :joy: :joy:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:28 pm

next in stock sum time after summerrrrrrr! sweeeeeeeeeeeeet
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby The Eristic » Fri May 25, 2018 9:05 pm

The Eristic wrote:Bogner Barcelona head inbound. Excited to finally have something lightweight with decent headroom!

Never mind, guy just cancelled my purchase "because the item was out of stock or damaged"... or he just didn't want to sell it for what I won it for. :cry:
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri May 25, 2018 9:15 pm

That's the one. .. definitely has happened to me before.

Sorry dawg, it's no good.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Psyre » Fri May 25, 2018 11:53 pm

SH-01a incoming. Also just recently got a mint TR-707 as well as a modded TR-606. I guess i'll just be making acid for the next couple years.
Psyre

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby spacelordmother » Sat May 26, 2018 9:09 am

Psyre wrote:SH-01a incoming. Also just recently got a mint TR-707 as well as a modded TR-606. I guess i'll just be making acid for the next couple years.

Played the sh-01a when I went to Switched On in Austin. They had lots of other crazy synths, but it was actually the one I thought was the most fun to play with. Sounds rad, too!

Ugh, gas reignited.
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby whoismarykelly » Sat May 26, 2018 12:50 pm

ognoy wrote:Image

Dropped by the House of Pladask and picked this thing up today. :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

Hoping mine gets to the states next week
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Psyre » Sat May 26, 2018 1:13 pm

spacelordmother wrote:
Psyre wrote:SH-01a incoming. Also just recently got a mint TR-707 as well as a modded TR-606. I guess i'll just be making acid for the next couple years.

Played the sh-01a when I went to Switched On in Austin. They had lots of other crazy synths, but it was actually the one I thought was the most fun to play with. Sounds rad, too!

Ugh, gas reignited.

Good to know! :omg: I've wanted an OG for a long time, but really have no space for anything else with keys (outside of my SH-09). Many wanted something for not quite as subby bass as the SH-09 but could also do high enough leads to leave space for the very low end of the SH-09. 4 voice poly and the size made me want the SH-01a even more than the OG. The TR-09 made me confident enough that the SH-01a would get me atleast 85% of the way to the OG. I don' think any of the of the other boutique quite tickle my fancy though.
Psyre

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Lurker13 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:25 am

BoatRich wrote:
BetterOffShred wrote:Dude I'm totally not a guitar snob, but you're right. Higher dollar guitars usually feel better. It looks sick :joy: :drool: :love:

Working at a guitar store has spoiled me on this. I don’t go out of my way to play anything cheap anymore. That JM is soooo sick. AVRI?

I know this feeling too. I own an MIA Strat, a Gibson SG Standard, a Schecter Ultra III, and I use to own an Ibanez S370. The Strat and the SG are in a league of their own. Every time I pick one of them up I automatically think 'This is a quality instrument.' Both of them look and feel rock fucking solid.

That being said, I have a decent tax return coming soon, so I just ordered a mid-level guitar. I haven't bought a new axe in over 10 years, and I succumbed to aesthetics and whispered tales of a 24.75" scale with a razor-thin neck...and a 15% holiday discount on a guitar that was already marked $40 below the street price + free shipping + no sales tax = :!!!: :yay:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:30 am

Wait, where did this conversation start?
resincum wrote:Image

got this bad fucker in a couple of days ago. I thought spending over a g on an instrument was horse shit, but -wow-, I've never played a guitar as nice as this before. the feel of it alone is leagues beyond my tricked out vmjm or classic player that I *almost* bought. I want to hold it all the time, lol. super inspired to just riff like crazy and I have been.. even tho I considered my old guitar top shelf, in retrospect, I felt like I really had to *try to play with my vmjm. opposed to this beauty, it feels completely natural. wish I could explain it better but god damn I am in love with this thing. I was expecting it to be beat to shit at the price I scored, but it's basically new besides a tiny nick on the end of the neck and some strum scratches. need to re string for low tunings and it's ready for war.

I also got a source audio ventris; pretty damn epic sounding. pristine as fuck. e-dome is my shit for now. offspring is crazy with the time/pre-delay dialed in short. has it's quirks and part of me thinks I'd be happier with an Echosystem, but at the end of the day I know it'll get the job done. sounds majestic as fuck once you start stacking the verbs. can't really cop those mangleverb sounds from the space tho which I miss dearly along with black hole mode :cry:

also also got a d-05 in and HOLY FUUUUCK is that thing a pain in the ASS to edit. I thought it'd be cool cause I wanted a preset machine and thought the editors would suffice, but damn I wish I could customize this thing real time without my computer or having to click a thousand times. sounds AMAZING tho and checks all the marks for the sounds I was hoping to get. but seriously a pita to program lol ,to echo every other person out there..

Beautiful axe! I've never owned a JM, but I am definitely a fan. They sound great clean and fuzzed out. Enjoy the duck out of it!
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby resincum » Sun May 27, 2018 4:15 pm

duude that blue guitar looks baaad ass. what is it? :drool:

aye it's an avri 65! still basking on its glory :rock: the neck feels so good I want to jack it off

and now I'm thinking of trading in my d-05 for an sh-01a :picard:
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lurker13 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:30 pm

resincum wrote:duude that blue guitar looks baaad ass. what is it? :drool:

aye it's an avri 65! still basking on its glory :rock: the neck feels so good I want to jack it off

and now I'm thinking of trading in my d-05 for an sh-01a :picard:

It's a Hagstrom Retroscape H-iii. I'm hoping it will speak to me in a different way and open some new doors. :snax:

Now jack off that JM neck like a Viking warlord!
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:19 pm

Well, I just got an email saying they cancelled my order because the guitar didn't pass inspection. Apparently the nut was not installed properly and was interfering with the truss rod insert. All of the air just went out of my balloon.

Edit: I ponied up another $35 and ordered through another vendor. Starting to get psyched up again. :joy:
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goosekevin » Sun May 27, 2018 10:45 pm

i have been awol because of no spending money but i got a quilter 101 reverb head the other day and it is really fantastic, haven't gigged with it yet, but it sounds great at practice and at home with headphones
so light, relatively cheap, keeps up with a drummer and sounds nice and neutral and clean but with a nice tweakable eq

i really really want a pink mustang and will not rest until i get one, i think i need to sell like....half of my pedals since i never use them with my band or at home even anymore
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon May 28, 2018 6:53 am

I've been interested in those quilters for a while. Seem like a great amp both for playing at home and being portable for gigs.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear