Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:28 am

ck3 wrote:Just pulled the trigger on a deeply discounted Mooer Tender Octaver Pro. I'm hoping it's more functional than the Tender Octaver mkii and won't be another return situation.

Oh-oooh. I have one of those mk2s incoming. What was wrong with it? Sounds pretty decent from the demos I've heard.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:36 am

ck3 wrote:Just pulled the trigger on a deeply discounted Mooer Tender Octaver Pro. I'm hoping it's more functional than the Tender Octaver mkii and won't be another return situation.

reeeeally want to hear more about this once you get it
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby ibarakishi » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:41 am

UglyCasanova wrote:

Oh-oooh. I have one of those mk2s incoming. What was wrong with it? Sounds pretty decent from the demos I've heard.

really want to know how you like the mk2 also UC. Really want to get some sort of octave pedal in the future to use with my taishokoto and other string instruments. The pitchfork seems to be popular now, but i am interested in these cheaper options as well and how they compare.
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby imJonWain » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:16 am

saw a Gretsch Tk-300, man I wish those things were cheaper. soooooo sexxyyy
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:21 pm

Gave in an bought an RV-500 last night. Pretty excited to play with it.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby ck3 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:13 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Oh-oooh. I have one of those mk2s incoming. What was wrong with it? Sounds pretty decent from the demos I've heard.

The mkii was great for funky pseudo-organ and punchy octo fonk textures, but there were noise issues. The two units I returned produced a faint but audible whining sound when bypassed before dirty or louder clean signal chains. One did so constantly after bypass, and the other only did so for 8-10 seconds. Both pedals came from the same seller, so there's a chance he may have received a defective batch. Either way, the mkii may be better suited for use in an effects loop than before an amp or gain sources.

ibarakishi wrote:reeeeally want to hear more about this once you get it

Will do. Given the price, I'm guessing it may have to come directly from the distributor, so it may be a few weeks.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby blackjaw » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:08 am

Found a great deal on a surf green Squier Bullet Mustang. Will become my new throw around travel guitar.

I was looking at those short scale Fender Duo Sonics the other day and a/b’d against a Mustang and was pretty impressed by the relative quality compared to the price difference, so we will see how the one in the mail is setup.
blackjaw

committed
committed

Postby Lurker13 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:15 pm

Carcosa, Boneshaker, and Classic Flanger all arrived this weekend. :rock:

Why didn't anyone ever tell me how much fun flangers are? :!!!:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fuzzonaut » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:54 pm

Utility alert!

Lehle Sunday Driver and Dreadbox Cocktail are here.
Now: http://www.deepband.ch / https://fuzzonaut1.bandcamp.com / https://glimmbrand.bandcamp.com / https://soundcloud.com/fuzzonaut-1
Then: https://suiciderat.bandcamp.com / Short Films: https://vimeo.com/user28594850
Good deals: wfs1234, Gigahearts_FX, stanimal, greyscales, hatshirt, insubordination, xrleroyx, HolySchnikes, nevada, skullservant, earthbound, chuckjaywalk, D.o.S., antennafarm, skip, hbombgraphics, UC, jwar, nieh, laekna, Rygot, D-Rainger, behndy, jero
fuzzonaut

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:03 pm

ck3 wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:Oh-oooh. I have one of those mk2s incoming. What was wrong with it? Sounds pretty decent from the demos I've heard.

The mkii was great for funky pseudo-organ and punchy octo fonk textures, but there were noise issues. The two units I returned produced a faint but audible whining sound when bypassed before dirty or louder clean signal chains. One did so constantly after bypass, and the other only did so for 8-10 seconds. Both pedals came from the same seller, so there's a chance he may have received a defective batch. Either way, the mkii may be better suited for use in an effects loop than before an amp or gain sources.

Cool, thanks for the info! I'll be sure to voice how my unit will function. :)*
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frodog » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:19 am

Oh hi PCBs! Ordered a T-Amp from MASK and it got here real quick, with an SFD as a bonus. Thanks a lot dude! Am in the process of ordering parts/components, various resistors and JRC386Ds on the way! :joy:

t-amp_sfd.JPG
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:32 pm

More of a DIY whores anonymous .. but I got drunk and ordered some chips and forgot about it .. they showed up and it took me 30 minutes to figure out what they are for.. TDA7052... apparently I was going to make a Honeytone Head for my son to pack around haha.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Incoming: metalbox matrix mixer

chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:10 pm

That's pretty hot!! :drool:

I've always wanted to build one, I'm sure they are fairly cheap though.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:34 pm

I'm told active is the way to go with modular matrix mixers, that one is $200 for a kit, I think I'd probably like more I/o but have never used one before so probably a good way to dip my toes in.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear