Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:53 pm

Damn I want to build a reverb tank like that. Is it possible to make a simple passive in/out ? signal being effected by any gauge spring?
Last edited by comesect2.0 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ruiner » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:53 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Not sure I see the point of that as much as the field kit itself. :idk:

Well right now i carry around 4 or 5 effect pedals when i use the kit and have to have the wires, battery pack enough to support all of them, etc. Having two boxes and a bag of tricks makes a lot more sense to me and not only that but everything else it does such as cv controlled looping just to name one.
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:05 pm

Ruiner wrote:Well... won't be here until March 2018 but... INCOMING! :lol: Awesome addition to the already awesome Field Kit.

FIELD KIT FX

I am so close to pulling the trigger on this.... Would be the perfect Fx accompaniment tommy tabletop gearz.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Damn it Ruiner! I was saving for a Polymoon, but I'm going to need that. Backed
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby ritz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:13 am

Grabbed a Plus Pedal being flipped on Reverb. Figured if it worked half as well as they said it would then it would be great, and damn I'm impressed. Excellent build quality, refreshingly thorough manual, just overall very well designed in terms of functionality, with great control over layering and fading, intuitive use of the different tap functions. Etc etc. It does an excellent job of capturing enough dynamics in the sample slice, so the sustain never feels static. With something like a slow flanger after it you almost can't believe you are listing to such a small slice on repeat.

This thing has immediately become an essential part of my rig. And it's very intuitive to use.

Input for me is prayer bowls and it handles them gloriously. You definitely want one of these, Nora.

Anyone doing drone stuff should seriously consider throwing one of these in the mix. This with a little modulation and reverb gives you instant layered drones.

So. Into. It.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.
ritz

experienced
experienced

Postby Ruiner » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:33 am

ritz wrote:Grabbed a Plus Pedal being flipped on Reverb. Figured if it worked half as well as they said it would then it would be great, and damn I'm impressed. Excellent build quality, refreshingly thorough manual, just overall very well designed in terms of functionality, with great control over layering and fading, intuitive use of the different tap functions. Etc etc. It does an excellent job of capturing enough dynamics in the sample slice, so the sustain never feels static. With something like a slow flanger after it you almost can't believe you are listing to such a small slice on repeat.

This thing has immediately become an essential part of my rig. And it's very intuitive to use.

Input for me is prayer bowls and it handles them gloriously. You definitely want one of these, Nora.

Anyone doing drone stuff should seriously consider throwing one of these in the mix. This with a little modulation and reverb gives you instant layered drones.

So. Into. It.

Agreed, I've had it for a few weeks but actually really got into it for a couple hours last night while working on a track. The track is all eurorack but i wanted to add some ambience layering with guitar which i would normally just do with a volume pedals and some delays and reverbs. Put the Pedal Plus in the chain with a long sustain and ran it through the typical chain (plush shallow water at a very slow rate) and got exactly what i was looking for and it was more consistent as well. Then i tried it later in the chain and got some cool stutter type effects that got washed out through the delays and reverbs but felt like a build at the same time. Really cool pedal! Haven't tried the wet footswitch with it yet so going to do that this weekend.
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ugly Nora » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:35 am

Thanks for the rec but i am not buying any gear for the next 5 years. Well, not without selling stuff, and I may pick up a field kit if I see a deal. Waiting for black Friday deals to upgrade my DAW too.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:59 am

Ruiner wrote:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Not sure I see the point of that as much as the field kit itself. :idk:

Well right now i carry around 4 or 5 effect pedals when i use the kit and have to have the wires, battery pack enough to support all of them, etc. Having two boxes and a bag of tricks makes a lot more sense to me and not only that but everything else it does such as cv controlled looping just to name one.

Yeah ok that does actually make sense if you use the field kit like, in a field.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ruiner » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:10 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:
Ruiner wrote:

Yeah ok that does actually make sense if you use the field kit like, in a field.

:lol: I've taken it hiking, to a park, in the backyard and camping so far so yeah.... :lol:
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Paul_C » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:01 pm

Count To Five!

On the way soon :)

So far since I decided my next pedal was going to be a BitQuest I've bought a CT5 and a Syntax Error . . . :facepalm:
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dminner » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:14 pm

This week's haul. Pedal = awesome. Guitar = crazy beautiful but undecided
Attachments
IMG_8390.JPG
IMG_8390.JPG (174.13 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
IMG_8391.JPG
IMG_8391.JPG (96.76 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
dminner

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:18 pm

Someone snatched the last Land Devices HP-2 off Reverb, thereby forcing my hand with this pre-order purchase:

I wonder if the Mothership 2 will (finally) arrive within the same timeframe.

Also, Pro Guitar Shop is having a 20% off flash sale today (code: SPOOKY20 and fewer exclusions than usual), so I nabbed one of these:

That will be the conclusion of the latest splurge, especially considering another job change may be on the horizon. :facepalm:
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby plaidbeer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:43 am

ck3 wrote:
Also, Pro Guitar Shop is having a 20% off flash sale today (code: SPOOKY20 and fewer exclusions than usual), so I nabbed one of these:

That will be the conclusion of the latest splurge, especially considering another job change may be on the horizon. :facepalm:

Thanks for the tip about PGS extending the discount to more stuff. EHX Russian Big Muff ordered. :thumb:
plaidbeer

committed
committed

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:35 am

Just ordered this. I'm gonna use Flux FX with the guit and maybe synths too. I'm most likely gonna use it for on the go playing if I can find an amp sim I like.

Also ordered my ILFSS main gift. I'm pretty sure they, whoever they are will be stoked! :cool:
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby hotknife » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Picked up an Fredric Effects Accomplished Badger on a whim and I like it quite a bit. Got it for that mixing desk fuzz thing, but it's equally cool as a colorful preamp/boost for running other fuzz and dirt into.

Ruiner wrote:Innnnnn

How close does the Meet Maude (set as a vibrato) get to the Shallow Water?
#reversereverbintoprofit #ambientflippershark
hotknife

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear