Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby blakestree » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Got them from sbwil94 on eBay. He was extremely pleasant to work with. And, I believe he has a few left.
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JTurbide » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:35 am

Well, I'll need a bass cab but I did another super rad purchase ! :D
Got an Ampeg V2 last week which I posted and now I've just ordered a 70s Greco EB3 bass !! :!!!:

Last edited by JTurbide on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:49 am

That bass is gorgeous!!
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby JTurbide » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:25 pm

I'm dying waiting for it !!! 24h, not even shipped yet, already can't take it anymore :mad: :love:
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby John » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:15 pm

blakestree wrote:
alexsga wrote:
blakestree wrote:OMG!

wut

Right?

They're all NOS.

Dang! I'll take that TZ2 off your hands if you don't vibe with it!
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Sonaboy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:29 pm

Bassist_Diver wrote:Oh hey look what Aguilar did for the bass world:

https://www.aguilaramp.com/bass-amps/tone-hammer-700/

The 4.9 lb. (2.22 kg) Tone Hammer 700 delivers 700 continuous watts @ 4 or 2.67 ohms, 350 watts @ 8 ohms

:!!!:

Is there any advantage to a class D bass system other than just lighter weight?
Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby manymanyhaha » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:11 am

Haven't bought anything in quite awhile but just pulled these in yesterday

manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby blakestree » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:30 am

Awesome Thyme!

John wrote:Dang! I'll take that TZ2 off your hands if you don't vibe with it!

Only available as a set. ;)
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby More_Divebombs » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:02 am

I fought the GAS and the GAS won:

I tossed and turned between this and the TR-8S. The latter looks a bit more on-the-nose, make a beat in 10 seconds sort of thing which is probably more my speed generally, but this thing has some real depth I'm looking forward to diving in to, even if I've got zero idea what I'm doing.

Added bonus - It's small enough to put in my music corner without my missus noticing the new acquisition. I couldn't get away with sneaking the TR-8S in. It's the size of a party platter with fluorescent multi-coloured sliders. It probably glows in the dark and farts rainbows or some shit. The massive thing will rat me out.

We all buy secret gear though, right? ...Right?
Stupid (mostly electronic) music - https://wulfexe.bandcamp.com
More_Divebombs

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:43 pm

Very curious to hear your opinions on the Thyme! I've been really gassing for one of those lately because I always need more delay.

Also, the Digitakt is great! I really need to spend some more time with mine. I've barely dug into the sampling capabilities or the MIDI tracks. I'm planning on loading all of Nathan Moody's Sigil soundpack onto it and learning it some more while making a few tracks with those sounds.

I've got an Eventide H9 Core and Boss VB2w on the way. I'm pretty sure the VB2w will go on the bass board Im putting together and I'm going to pair the H9 with my Sub 37. I've been trying to figure out what algorithm I'll grab with my free voucher, but I'll probably mess around with the H910/H949 for awhile before I decide.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby greyscales » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:19 pm

MrNovember wrote:I've got an Eventide H9 Core and Boss VB2w on the way. I'm pretty sure the VB2w will go on the bass board Im putting together and I'm going to pair the H9 with my Sub 37. I've been trying to figure out what algorithm I'll grab with my free voucher, but I'll probably mess around with the H910/H949 for awhile before I decide.

I've wanted to try both of those pedals out for a while. Let me know how you like the H9 with synths, especially modular. Seems like a great unit to have with all of its reverb and delay algorithms. Especially interested in how it compares to the Avalanche Run.
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:17 pm

greyscales wrote:
MrNovember wrote:I've got an Eventide H9 Core and Boss VB2w on the way. I'm pretty sure the VB2w will go on the bass board Im putting together and I'm going to pair the H9 with my Sub 37. I've been trying to figure out what algorithm I'll grab with my free voucher, but I'll probably mess around with the H910/H949 for awhile before I decide.

I've wanted to try both of those pedals out for a while. Let me know how you like the H9 with synths, especially modular. Seems like a great unit to have with all of its reverb and delay algorithms. Especially interested in how it compares to the Avalanche Run.

I'll let you know how I get along with them and how it compares to the Avalanche Run!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby manymanyhaha » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:37 pm

MrNovember wrote:Very curious to hear your opinions on the Thyme! I've been really gassing for one of those lately because I always need more delay.

I've spent 2 or 3 hours with it on guitar, though not in my normal stereo setup. It's a more complicated unit than I'm used to but I was able to figure out a lot of the basic stuff. Didn't get the sequencer nailed down, not yet.

There is so much ability to modify and modulate everything, it is really easy to get into weird/noise/indecipherable territory. To stay "musical", I had to be strategic about amount of modulation on each parameter.

I'm really looking forward to getting it on my board, looping into it, controlling tempos with midi clock and letting the freak flag fly.

The Tape Speed knob gets really bit crushy all the way to the left and is perfectly digitally clear all the way to the right. It took me awhile to figure that out, haha.

Those are my thoughts so far.
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Good notes, manymanyhahah! Thanks!
manymanyhaha wrote:There is so much ability to modify and modulate everything, it is really easy to get into weird/noise/indecipherable territory. To stay "musical", I had to be strategic about amount of modulation on each parameter

This is what I immediately thought about when watching demos. It looks like it could get totally ridiculous really quickly. I wasn't sure how easy it would be to keep it in musical territory

Also, I just ordered an 856! I'm finally going to get my hands on one! I'm planning to use it mainly with my modular synths. So now if the damned postal strike would end around here, I'll have an 856, OM-1, VB2w, and H9. I hope it all shows up soon! Would be crazy if it showed up on the same day; that would be a really fun day :animal:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby frodog » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:16 pm

I took a leap and ordered a black knockoff Thunderbird pickguard on ebay. Arrived today, of course it didn't fit. Aligning it with the existing screw holes is a no-go and the shape is subtly different. I could make it work and drill new holes because it looks nice in a certain position, but I think I'll just return it.

In to stay - a bunch of NOS Russian resistors.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear