Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby dunbine » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:40 pm

Ruiner wrote:
dunbine wrote:
Ruiner wrote:Incoming!!

Looks great, hope it sounds even better. Is that an effects loop? :drool:

Holy shit, I didn't even notice that but if it is this just went next level!

Partial or complete retinal detachment could result from watching the binson and vocu side-by-side in stereo. :wha?:
Good deals: DannDubbleEwe, D.o.S., nevada, lordgalvar, Jwar, baremountain, LaoWiz, Jero, Cody_Pole, goroth
dunbine

Supporter
Supporter

Postby codetocontra » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:46 pm

Incoming Drone Commander Classic pedal. If you are paying attention (and no one should be) this is the 4th thing now on its way to me, along with an Infinite Jets, Stereo Field, and CT5. This is just perfect timing and a culmination of many ideas. I swear I am not Ruiner's alt account.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:24 pm

codetocontra wrote:Incoming Drone Commander Classic pedal. If you are paying attention (and no one should be) this is the 4th thing now on its way to me, along with an Infinite Jets, Stereo Field, and CT5. This is just perfect timing and a culmination of many ideas. I swear I am not Ruiner's alt account.

I've been watching. None of that seems excessive to me. Sometimes you just have extra spending money and cool ideas. May all your endeavors come to fruition.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:36 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
codetocontra wrote:Incoming Drone Commander Classic pedal. If you are paying attention (and no one should be) this is the 4th thing now on its way to me, along with an Infinite Jets, Stereo Field, and CT5. This is just perfect timing and a culmination of many ideas. I swear I am not Ruiner's alt account.

I've been watching. None of that seems excessive to me. Sometimes you just have extra spending money and cool ideas. May all your endeavors come to fruition.

Those 4 things are going to do some really cool things together :snax:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby 1990eam » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:28 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right thread. This is a hand painted Fuzz Factory 7. I actually got this last year but I just found this forum.

I love this pedal. The whole process of thinking the design and transmitting that to the guys at Zvex was a fun experience. I actually didn't know what they had come up to until I opened the box. It was a blast. So many good sounds coming out of this thing.

Also, I don't know if I embedded this right.

1990eam

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:45 pm

1990eam wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right thread. This is a hand painted Fuzz Factory 7. I actually got this last year but I just found this forum.

I love this pedal. The whole process of thinking the design and transmitting that to the guys at Zvex was a fun experience. I actually didn't know what they had come up to until I opened the box. It was a blast. So many good sounds coming out of this thing.

Also, I don't know if I embedded this right.

Welcome to the forum :) :joy: . I usually open the imgur image in a new tab and use that link for embedding. There are probably other ways though.
Cool pedal and paint job!
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:05 am

This thing sounds pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5sneB1BbsU

:love: Tim Escobedo circuits! :!!!:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby codetocontra » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:43 am

$harkToootth wrote:I've been watching. None of that seems excessive to me. Sometimes you just have extra spending money and cool ideas. May all your endeavors come to fruition.

Thanks! I feel less of a monster now. I am not an impulse buyer at all. Been saving up gear money for too long and couldn't make a decision about anything. Maybe just not right in the head for a bit or not interested, to say the least.

MrNovember wrote:Those 4 things are going to do some really cool things together :snax:

It is like a whole solar system on it's own, colliding with my current stuff. And I was sooo close to purchasing an OTO Biscuit last night. But I guess I have some limits.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:35 pm

^^^I'm watching to see if you get a Scrutator. Also are you ditching the Ottobit?
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:50 pm

Can the Scrutator make a drum machine sound like a Nintendo? On the fence about letting the Ottobit go until I find suitable replacement.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:06 pm

codetocontra wrote:Can the Scrutator make a drum machine sound like a Nintendo? On the fence about letting the Ottobit go until I find suitable replacement.

The Scrutator is great but it does not do that. I also don't think you will find a replacement for the Ottobit jr. That thing does too much and you're initial thoughts on getting rid of it, inspired me to seek it out :lol:.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:07 pm

friendship wrote:
MechaGodzilla wrote:
friendship wrote:Just bought a Boss RT-20 and am currently accepting suggestions for unorthodox uses of it.

Been interested in these forever, curious to see what ppl think :snax:

I'll let you know when it gets here. I plan on using it with guitar, voice, synthesizer, and bass.

Definitely sounds best with organ. Then guitar. Other instruments sound not too good through it IMO, but maybe it's just not my taste.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby codetocontra » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:28 pm

Really? Bummer. I was keeping my eye out for a good price because I feared it might not do it. I mentioned it in the bitcrusher thread, but I don't hear the sounds in the Frantabit, BitQuest, or the upcoming Syntax Error either. OTO Biscuit is alluring and does the sounds I want. Or I am going to be stuck with the Ottobit Jr. I know there is another bitcrusher coming later this year, so I might wait it out till then. Probably should have jumped on the Biscuit last night. Oh well, there will be more.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:17 am

Lost my long running GAS battle

I love it atleast :idk:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fuzzonaut » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:56 am

Picked up at a fleamarket.

DSC04828.jpg
Now: http://www.deepband.ch / https://fuzzonaut1.bandcamp.com / https://glimmbrand.bandcamp.com / https://soundcloud.com/fuzzonaut-1
Then: https://suiciderat.bandcamp.com / Short Films: https://vimeo.com/user28594850
Good deals: wfs1234, Gigahearts_FX, stanimal, greyscales, hatshirt, insubordination, xrleroyx, HolySchnikes, nevada, skullservant, earthbound, chuckjaywalk, D.o.S., antennafarm, skip, hbombgraphics, UC, jwar, nieh, laekna, Rygot, D-Rainger, behndy, jero
fuzzonaut

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear