Meris? Blade Runnery? Ottobit, Polymoon & Enzo!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Meris? Blade Runnery? Ottobit, Polymoon & Enzo!!

Postby gila_crisis » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:06 am

manymanyhaha wrote:I've owned all the Meris pedals (except for the CBA collab) at some point and the Polymoon is my favorite. I had two on my board for some time but now down to one.

There are so many wonderful sounds to be found in that box. I have a handful that are my go-to's but if get out of my comfort zone, I always find more. The two left knobs' alt settings, can't recall right now what they are called, but there is a lot to explore with those.

Agree about the mix on the flanger (and also phaser). I don't find that I use the flanger very much actually, a little can overwhelm everything pretty quickly, and it is a defined sound that doesn't have much variation.

I like the slow phaser but it too does not have any variation and I find myself turning it off more and more.

I really love the bliss out of a looped riff with Modify and Dimensions gradually turned all the way up from zero. That is a sound I started to over-use for a period. Still love it.

Enjoyed your vid, interesting how the PM and TL compliment each other.

Thanks! Yes, feeding the Polymoon into the TL was really funny! On the TL I used a dual series delay patch.

Actually, after the first in depth dive in with the Polymoon, I went back to the TL... and I felt back home!
I find the TL can sound warmer and more organic (pure matter of taste and needs).
The Polymoon can also do some wonderful "normal delays" very well but I don't think this is what you want to mainly get out of it :!!!:
And I must admit, that after trying it I can state I'm not that much into pitch shifted delay as crazy as the Polymoon. But indeed it's a top notch pedal.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby manymanyhaha » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:48 pm

Have to admit that I've never really thought of the PM as a pitch shifted delay. I guess because I don't use those pitch shifted parts much
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby le lambin » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:26 am

Polymoon is one of those pedals I always seem to have on my board- it’s impossible for me to not feed it a washy loop and turn the mix fully wet with dimension and feedback all the way up and the slow phase in stereo- it’s the DRONE ZONE DOOOOOOD
le lambin

committed
committed

Postby univalve » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:07 am

I'm pretty interested in the new delay pedal. I hope it can cover time bender stuff: doted repeats and octave up repeats.
Any news here?
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby univalve » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:28 pm

univalve wrote:I'm pretty interested in the new delay pedal. I hope it can cover time bender stuff: doted repeats and octave up repeats.
Any news here?

Got it yesterday and copied today my timebender sound. I think it fits 96%. Rehearsal will show.
Pedal is deep. Looper, sequenced stuff, Tremolo, Filter, lofi…
Only scrolled briefly through the First 40 presets. A lot of atmospheric stuff, trippy, groovy or instant noise and drone. Should be fun for a long time.
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:10 pm

Yep, that seems pretty versatile. :thumb:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby univalve » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:47 am

And did sound very well at the band practice yesterday. Sits good in the mix and quick adjustments of parameters work for me with the graphic interface.
The price, especially in Germany, is totally nuts though. But you get a shitton of stuff in that quite small pedal housing.
Mine will stay and we will see how i get along with it.
My already mentioned (quite important) Timebender sound that i reproduced with the LVX is spot on. The bands performance of the song that depends on this sound was yesterday totally awesome. So the needed basics are covered for me. Now on into new delay spheres.
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:07 am

I have to admit that it sounds far better than my bank account wants it to, lol.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear