· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: loopingMADNESS

Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:47 am

Andre is amazing! I have a totally different background from his and have a different approach to live-looping, but many times his videos gave me few good hints and tipps!

Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:45 am

FWIW, I have appreciated your in-depth videos on the Looperlative LP2. Considered getting one not long ago as a more simple solution instead of hauling around a rack case for the EDP. Ended up getting the new DL4 mk2. And now I will probably use both it and the EDP together. Had a long history with the OG DL4, owned 7 of them, and that is the baseline from which I will judge all other loopers. The MK2 shipped with some real shit firmware and found major bugs within two minutes of playing. The updated firmware solved my problems after jumping through the Line 6 update bullshit. Still considering hacking up the EDP to make it more pedalboard friendly, such as moving the front panel to the top panel so I can see the display on the floor while looping. It's doable, won't be easy, and definitely not reversible.

Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:33 am

You're welcome!!
I love the LP2, and if offers me in a compact format the same features and looping-workflow I was used to have on the LP1!
I also have a Loupé, which is also amazing, and introduced me to the EDP-style workflow (and even more mad tricks wiht the Read-FXs). But I'm considering selling it, as the LP2 does a better job for my needs. And since LP2 has the Bounce functions, these mimic very well the EDP Multiply, I learned to love on the Loupé!

Thu May 04, 2023 3:51 am

New EHX 1440 firmware 0.60 is available!!!!

New MIDI PC messages:
- PC 71 Play: always initiates the PLAY function unless the loop is empty. Won’t start an overdub, record, or stop playback.
- PC 72 Record/Dub: always initiates the REC or OVERDUB function. 1440 will choose the correct function based on the current state. On an empty loop, PC 72 starts a recording. PC 72 starts an overdub on a playing loop, or immediately starts overdub and playback on a stopped loop. Can also close recordings and overdubs but can’t stop a loop.
- PC 128 Direct Loop Erase. Immediately erases the loop of the currently selected loop bank, with no extra confirmation. Caution! Once the loop is erased, it is gone forever, this function cannot be undone.

Bug Fixes
- fixed a bug where MIDI PC messages 32 (RV.OC) and 33 (STOP) would change the function of the STOP/FX footswitch; now these two PC messages only perform their respective commands and leave the STOP footswitch setting as it was.
- occasionally the LOOP footswitch would not queue playback in EXT CLK mode. This is reliably working now" .
- repeated PC/CC messages wouldn’t be processed while in EXT CLK mode with a MIDI Clock signal running to the 1440. The PC/CC messages are no longer ignored in this scenario.

This said: now via midi you can program replace, instant dub, etc.. commands, since now we have dedicated play, rec/overdub midi PCs!

E6301141-E351-4507-9978-949C27D39EA8.jpeg
E6301141-E351-4507-9978-949C27D39EA8.jpeg (130.48 KiB) Viewed 770 times

Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:04 am

New firmware 2.67 available for LP1 and LP2 users!

1. Added dual mono mode for LP1 allowing stereo inputs to be 2 mono inputs.
2.Support for new MIDI monitor application which is able to program the note, program change and control change buttons.
3.Support for APC mini and LaunchPad mini as status output devices.
4.LP2 effect buttons: next track held for a long press will do a previous track. Previous track held for a long press will do a next track (NDR this was a request by yours truly)
5.LP2: midi map is now configurable with the latest LP MIDI Monitor application
6.Latest MIDI monitor appication can save LP1 or LP2 configuration to a file.

http://www.looperlative.com http://www.looperlative.com

Bob is developping a new LP Midi Monitor app that will allow user to program a chains of midi messages in the LP2 effect buttons, very similar to the LP1 Advanced MIDI or User Button Configuration, where each button can be peogrammed to perform up to 8 different functions in order with a single button press.

For example: I'll be able to program one slot to send Shrink 50% and Half Speed together (which results in a loop with the same speed as original but pitched one octave down).
Then... ingenuity will be your only limit!

Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:19 am

I am experimenting with the new LP Midi Monitor app (windows only at the moment), and it's super cool.

Thanks firmware 2.67, now LP1 and LP2 share all the same features, some of which were only to available on LP1 until now. So, if at first glance you may not see LP1 stuff in the LP2: that's hidden under the hood (all commands and features are listed, but note that not everything will work on LP2, for example if you trigger Select Track 8 nothing will happen, so keep this in mind).
The new Monitor app has this additional edit function that allows to modify the messages triggered by the MIDI NOTES sent to the LP2 (which allows to send a sequence up to 8 messages per note, or midi CC).

2 examples I did on my LP2:
- Hidden LP1 commands: CUE TRACK is also available on LP2, but it's not assigned to any note. So I programmed Cue to be triggered by Midi Note 10 (which was a free up to now).
- Midi note expansion/management: Midi Note 11 normally only triggers ERASE TRACK. But when I delete a track I also like to reset feedback to 100%, level to 0 and Pan to center. All these commands were 3 additional midi notes I had to trigger via a chain of messages on MorningStar MC6 to delete/reset a single track. Now I reprogrammed Midi Note 11 to send also these 3 additional messages. This then simplifies quite a bit my midi implementation on the MC6.

Also now you can save the unit configuration to a config file that allows you to reconfigure your unit with one click.

NOTE: on LP2 these changes affect only the Midi Notes, not (as I was hoping at the beginning) the effects/commands you can assign to Effect Button 1&2! So you can't programm a slot in the Effect Button to send more than one command.

ALSO: if you upgraded LP2 firmware to 2.67: there was a bug with the new Next/Prev track commands when assigned to the Effect Buttons (a copy/paste mistake that would trigger the command on both switches, no matter if it was assigned only to 1 or 2). This was fixed with 2.67A!

Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:17 pm

This is probably the right thread for this (though hopefully the lap steel heads are looking here!) — here's guitar hero Kurt Newman field-testing a recently-acquired glou-glou Loupé. Pretty magical stuff!

https://youtu.be/Fj8VrMwQtFs?si=LHv1Us9Q2WXbp6um&t=980

(Latter link is time-stamped to the last ten minutes or so of the set, which was the coolest part, though it's all pretty sweet!)

Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:08 pm

https://www.gearnews.com/loop4live-mk-iii/

Anyone loop using ableton? Looks potentially cool- I’ve seen some people use the softstep for controlling ableton live but I’ve heard they have issues with the usb port being flimsy. This could be a cool hardware solution.

Sun May 05, 2024 1:34 pm

I acquired a glou glou Loupe some time ago but only dug into it recently- I love the dang thing. The footswitches are really nice and responsive, the whole “games” preset structure is awesome, and of course the live effects are sick.

What I was really interested in was the sync out functionality- I have a Lorre mill double knot with sync in/outs and wanted to hook the two up together. I also hooked up a drumbrute impact and it all worked more or less flawlessly. The loupe has the ability to set a wide range of ppq, so when I’m changing the bpm on the fly via multiply or something, the two drum machines can follow along without playing at an absurdly high/low bpm. I stumbled upon some really beautiful moments when everything was grooving together- I can’t wait to spend more time with this set up, and maybe throw in a bass synth :)
Post a reply