Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help gr

Postby Dr Tony Balls » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:42 am

gila_crisis wrote:I found this Arion MEtal Master for a very cheap price the other day, and after a bit of cleaning and some new capacitors it's blasting again out loud! :!!!:
smm.jpg

I have an Arion Metal Plus (MMP-1) on the shelf that I havent messed with in at least a decade. If memory serves correct it's kinda Rat-ish.
Dr Tony Balls

committed
committed

Postby Muse FTW » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:21 pm

Anyone here use a Suhr guitar? Never tried one IRL but I've heard good things about them - and got completely smothered in GAS after seeing some of their custom work.

:picard:
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:14 am

And I found another old boy for less than 25$... a Boss XT2!
I remember back then in the late 90s I tried one a friend had, and I was not so impressed at all.. a Metal Zone could do it better...
Now I must admit, after all these years it's not so bad in some context: it has this very acid, industrial metal, broken radio sound on guitar and with synths it's also a lot more interesting!
xt2.jpg
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby Pepe » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:32 am

Well done! That's a steal. This one drew my attention to BOSS dirt pedals in general when I heard samples of it on the CD of the BOSS Book. Indeed, it sounds great with synths! I have to do a refurbished demo video someday.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gila_crisis » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:46 am

Pepe wrote:Well done! That's a steal. This one drew my attention to BOSS dirt pedals in general when I heard samples of it on the CD of the BOSS Book. Indeed, it sounds great with synths! I have to do a refurbished demo video someday.

Yes a lot! actually the trigger was a video there's on youtube of a guy playing this with an Arturia Minibrute. Then a XT2 poppoed out on a secondhand websites and I started to think... eheheh
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby MaxMaps » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:44 am

Almost came close to just pulling the trigger on an afterneith this weekend but only managed to get 1hr of board time in. I am also seeing a lot of the zoom MSC 70dr on everyone’s board and I am starting to wonder if it would cop the same sounds if I patched it right
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:48 am

MaxMaps wrote:Almost came close to just pulling the trigger on an afterneith this weekend but only managed to get 1hr of board time in. I am also seeing a lot of the zoom MSC 70dr on everyone’s board and I am starting to wonder if it would cop the same sounds if I patched it right

May I share with you this video of mine? The MS70 is very a powerful unit when set right!
Preset settings are in the video description, so feel free to taste these when you get one ;) )
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby goroth » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:06 am

gila_crisis wrote:And I found another old boy for less than 25$... a Boss XT2!
I remember back then in the late 90s I tried one a friend had, and I was not so impressed at all.. a Metal Zone could do it better...
Now I must admit, after all these years it's not so bad in some context: it has this very acid, industrial metal, broken radio sound on guitar and with synths it's also a lot more interesting!
xt2.jpg

You can also get a great tweedy lofi overdrive out of it.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Dandolin » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:40 am

goroth wrote:
gila_crisis wrote:And I found another old boy for less than 25$... a Boss XT2!
xt2.jpg

You can also get a great tweedy lofi overdrive out of it.

somebody call interpol - the xtortion wave continues :love:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:56 am

Despite my sadness at not wanting to buy any more pedals, I'm currently giving serious thought to buying a MASF Possessed.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:05 pm

gila_crisis wrote:
MaxMaps wrote:Almost came close to just pulling the trigger on an afterneith this weekend but only managed to get 1hr of board time in. I am also seeing a lot of the zoom MSC 70dr on everyone’s board and I am starting to wonder if it would cop the same sounds if I patched it right

May I share with you this video of mine? The MS70 is very a powerful unit when set right!
Preset settings are in the video description, so feel free to taste these when you get one ;) )

I am not going to lie, its a bit brighter than the afterneith but at 80.00 less cost brand new its a no brainer that I am going to get this instead. I am shocked I just now realized this and I am glad I didnt place an order this weekend.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:55 pm

MaxMaps wrote:I am not going to lie, its a bit brighter than the afterneith but at 80.00 less cost brand new its a no brainer that I am going to get this instead. I am shocked I just now realized this and I am glad I didnt place an order this weekend.

The CDR also has decent eQ options, so you can (cpu willing) add a bit more tone shaping at the end of most patches. It might ultimately be a bit more "digital-y" to close listeners, but when you're running it through other stuff as well it'll probably pass muster.

And for more weirdening possibilities, here's the video I did of some of my patches:

solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:15 pm

I did compare the strymon and eventide emulations in the CDR with the originals back then.
These are not as highend and detailed, but the results are so close you won't notice in a live situation.
Plus you can create chains of up to 6 fxs, and combine stuff together in some beautiful ways.
I almost wanted to get also a H9 back then, but never did because the CDR for my setup and sound design purposes is way bettter and more powerful!
It's still a super valid pedal after all these years, it's strange novody else came out with a similar concept!
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby MaxMaps » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:09 pm

I fucking hate GAS

Purchased and with my Virus coming soon, I will be deleting my reverb app for a bit.

:joy:
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:

MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:44 pm

gila_crisis wrote:I did compare the strymon and eventide emulations in the CDR with the originals back then.
These are not as highend and detailed, but the results are so close you won't notice in a live situation.
Plus you can create chains of up to 6 fxs, and combine stuff together in some beautiful ways.
I almost wanted to get also a H9 back then, but never did because the CDR for my setup and sound design purposes is way bettter and more powerful!
It's still a super valid pedal after all these years, it's strange novody else came out with a similar concept!

I had a 100BT that I never adequately got into algorithm stacking before I flipped it. Definitely good sounds in there but I found the UI and preset cycling kind of meh. I had in the back of my mind to at someplace get a CDR do USB MIDI would make it more useful but I haven’t gotten one yet.

I think of the Line 6 HX stuff in a similar way, actually. Would be nice if they were as affordable. I’m more drawn to their UI, though I think those MS sounds in many cases may be more attractive.

Oh, and don’t fuss fidelity. I’ve got high and low fidelity digital effects and higher isn’t always better.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear