ILFSS 2020 wishful thinking list

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: ILFSS 2020 wishful thinking list

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:13 am

do you have enough jiggaflerps for your RAM?
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:03 pm

Last year's info's still relevant:
jrfox92 wrote:I wear gigantic shirts, size 12 feet, no meat, typically prefer vinyl, that's about it.
:joy:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:04 am

Schlatte wrote:I don't think there is anything I don't like. Except maybe seafood. But that is anyway always a bad idea to send in a package :lol:

:|: :|: :|:
like a cat
tied to a stick
that's driven into
frozen winter shit
the ability to laugh at weakness
calm, fitter, healthier and more productive
a pig in a cage on antibiotics

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Paul_C » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:04 am

I'm intrigued by how many veggies/vegans there are here, a higher number than I would have guessed, if I'm honest.

I didn't mention it as I can't really taste much, but veggie here too (36 years (IIRC)).
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:51 am

I eat everything, including cute fluffy animals, but I mostly I'll eat vegetarian or vegan. I try and eat veggies and meat that's local and that's been produced with some amount of care. Not always possible, especially not in the winter months, but it's a nice aim to have. The microraptors have no interest in this though. They want animals processed into meatball form. Or hotdogs. I can't even sneak in a decent bratwurst in their diets - they notice the overabundance of flavour compounds and diss it. I almost converted the little buggers to vegetarianism after doing a duck fillet sallad. Said vegetarianism lasted around 12 hours. Then they were back on the meatball train.
D.o.S. wrote:As an aspiring Suburban Lifestyle Influencer I find this tweet relevant to my lifestyle goals and personal branding.

New killer album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:20 am

Hey that's not misdirection that's probably all true
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:31 am

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey that's not misdirection that's probably all true

This is the key to misdirection. Liberally sprinkling truth in my posts. Gotta be unpredictable.
D.o.S. wrote:As an aspiring Suburban Lifestyle Influencer I find this tweet relevant to my lifestyle goals and personal branding.

New killer album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:43 pm

fcknoise wrote:
dubkitty wrote:You got pets? We love pets!
a big sweet black cat called Otis. seventeen pounds of heavenly joy. his favorite treat is sitting on my lap, but he loves toys. he says if our Satan is from the UK he'd like to try some Dreamies.

Oh shit, I have a large 15 year old cat who loves some dreamies. We have them here in Sweden too, excellent treats

One of my whippets, Savannah, loves those too. I got them once when they didn't have dog treats at the store and now we just buy Dreamies whenever we have to get treats at the grocery store. :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:47 am

Here's what I'm working with in the mOdUlAr ZoNe (there is also a matrix mixer not shown here). I am interested in... sequencers that are fun and not too complicated to programme. Oscillators that are interesting. Functions/envelopes/logic. Another filter maybe...

Just added info 4 my santana :hobbes:
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby aedes » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:31 am

Post some relevant gear info, like what you've got, what you're considering getting and general stuff you like (what sort of effect or brand or whatever).

I've been messing around quite a bit on the ipad recently...but I mainly play guitar. Last two pedals I bought are from LaoWiz (Filter Drive and Heatsaw).
I'm good on dirt, but that ehx thread reminds me i'd really like to try one of those mellotron or sitar pedals and the like.

Allergies/dietary restrictions and likes/dislikes for consumption!

No restrictions on foods. Love spicy stuff and local flavor. And chocolate.

T-shirt size!

XXL

You got pets? We love pets!

We've got 2 dogs, 3 cats and 4 fish. They love everything.

What music are you into and what format? Vinyl? Cassette? Minidisc?

I can play all formats. I like pretty much everything except modern country, but i gravitate more towards indie stuff. I'd really like to hear something that's from my santa's hometown. or something from my santa.

Other hobbies you're into!
biking
veggie and herb gardening
aedes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gone Fission » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:26 pm

Trying to go unstalkable, eh?
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:43 pm

goroth wrote:I eat everything, including cute fluffy animals, but I mostly I'll eat vegetarian or vegan. I try and eat veggies and meat that's local and that's been produced with some amount of care. Not always possible, especially not in the winter months, but it's a nice aim to have. The microraptors have no interest in this though. They want animals processed into meatball form. Or hotdogs. I can't even sneak in a decent bratwurst in their diets - they notice the overabundance of flavour compounds and diss it. I almost converted the little buggers to vegetarianism after doing a duck fillet sallad. Said vegetarianism lasted around 12 hours. Then they were back on the meatball train.

band name thread'd
On an other board, in another time:
"I also have a Fat Goat HB/P90 on my bastardized f-hollowed V, which is made of God-knows what kind of wood and of how many pieces. That guitar sounded OK when I installed one Shlabotnik pup on it; it actually became alive, very soaring; but I ended up preferring the Fat Goat, which gives me a darker, more "barking" tone as well as more "CHANK" and (maybe) better dynamics when played clean."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coupleonapkins » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:08 pm

Gone Fission wrote:Trying to go unstalkable, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sWTnsemkIs
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:12 pm

seems to be a fairly common response to 2020
On an other board, in another time:
"I also have a Fat Goat HB/P90 on my bastardized f-hollowed V, which is made of God-knows what kind of wood and of how many pieces. That guitar sounded OK when I installed one Shlabotnik pup on it; it actually became alive, very soaring; but I ended up preferring the Fat Goat, which gives me a darker, more "barking" tone as well as more "CHANK" and (maybe) better dynamics when played clean."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby doommeow » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:00 pm

Dear Satan -

If you’ve started stalking, you’ve probably figured out I don’t get to hangout as much as I’d like - between living in a near-zombie apocalypse and having a busy semester - hence posting this however many days late. Hum(bucker)bug. Down to bidness.

Food stuff. No caffeine, onions, or shrooms. Hot sauce is fine, as long as it won’t put me in the hospital.

Shirts. Still XXL. Sigh.

Pets. You’ve figured that one out by now, right? Huck and Rosie say wuz up, hail satan, meow. :hobbes:

I’m mainly spinning Spotify these days. Cool bandcamp finds are always welcome. I’ve got a CD/DVD/Blu-ray and a Cass-to-USB unit if you wanna get physical. Top 5 on my ‘on repeat’ playlist as of today - GZA, Sleater-Kinney, Consumer Electronics, Lungfish, Dee-lite. Now playing - Xray Spex.

Fav colors. Black. Purple, obvs. blue/pink/white or purple/black/yellow/white combos.

Gear-wise, I’ll post my current rack today or tomorrow. Other than buying one of those close out e-violins, I’ve been all-in on euro this year. Occasionally I’ll pickup the olympic or the SG, then it’s rm-1n & superego+, 1-2 OC-2s or meatbox, maybe a MIC ge fuzz face > traynor > trace bass cabs + H/K 412 greenbacks. Thinking about it, I realized I probably haven’t bought a single pedal in 2020?! Been doing too much impulse module buying as therapy. Really only thing actively on my shopping list is a wogglebug, maybe. Never had a death metal, or a wah, or anything dwarfcraft or rma. Tend to like things that do what they say on the tin, without too much menu fiddling and manual reading. Tend to like things from Canada. Is there anyone making gear in Iceland? GAS’ing for some of the more esoteric Befaco stuff if you like to rock that DIY tip. Tend to not like things from hate mongers. Generally can’t go wrong with things that drone or have obnoxious low end - we all gravitate towards things that remind us of ourselves, don’t we?

Mainly reading textbooks these days, but always open to cool sci-fi, speculative, dystopian whatever. Next on the to read pile: Invention of Sound, Go Ahead in the Rain, This Isn’t Happening, How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe, Necrophilia Variations, and the new Frank Miller Batman thing.

Did I forget anything? Hail hail.
doommeow

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear