Can we talk about modular synths?



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby eatyourguitar » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:13 am

GAS KING wrote:
eatyourguitar wrote:maybe if you check the disting manual, there might be a mode for sample hold (S&H) + quantizer all in one. you can probably start jamming without a sequencer.


Disting MK3 can do both but not at the same time. As far as the manual says. there is no S&H+quantizer mode.
I could get sample and hold from my MS-20 mini and run through the disting for quantizing.

Thanks for the idea. I will try.

it is definitely in there. hidden with subtle language. enjoy.
Code: Select all
Additionally, the parameter being positive or negative controls whether the quantizer works in triggered mode or not. The triggers are provided by input Z (approximately 1V is required to trigger it). If the parameter is negative, the quantizer is triggered - the input is only sampled and converted to a new quantized value when triggered by input Z. If the parameter is positive, the input is constantly sampled and a new note is output as soon as the input moves into the next semitone range.


https://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/disti ... #dualquant
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3003
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: USA, RI

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:18 am

daaaaaamn I have had a mk4 for years and didn't even know that. This is incredible :!!!:

I several other ways of generating stepped random/s+h in my setup but it's still nice to have options
some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://facebook.com/mediocrisyband/
https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11067
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby eatyourguitar » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:26 am

coldbrightsunlight wrote:daaaaaamn I have had a mk4 for years and didn't even know that. This is incredible :!!!:

I several other ways of generating stepped random/s+h in my setup but it's still nice to have options

funny how I know things and I don't even own one!
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3003
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: USA, RI

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:29 am

:lol:

yes that is impressive
some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://facebook.com/mediocrisyband/
https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11067
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby GAS KING » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:20 am

eatyourguitar wrote:it is definitely in there. hidden with subtle language. enjoy.
Code: Select all
Additionally, the parameter being positive or negative controls whether the quantizer works in triggered mode or not. The triggers are provided by input Z (approximately 1V is required to trigger it). If the parameter is negative, the quantizer is triggered - the input is only sampled and converted to a new quantized value when triggered by input Z. If the parameter is positive, the input is constantly sampled and a new note is output as soon as the input moves into the next semitone range.


https://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/disti ... #dualquant


:!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:
GAS KING

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 712
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby Ghost Hip » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:22 pm

Been a bit absent in here as I've a streak of playing guitar/recording over synth lately but I made my modular sound like an insidious time travelling swamp creature the other weekend if y'all wanna try boppin to it

Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

User avatar
moderator
moderator
 
Posts: 7377
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:11 am
Location: The Great Lakes

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby eatyourguitar » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:18 pm

I did this tonight playing with my new toys.

WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3003
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: USA, RI

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby eatyourguitar » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:05 am

I just want to say how amazing this is. I can't live without it. I always want to invert my sine wave LFO so I can patch to two different VCA's. so simple and yet well done in 2HP. you also get the mixer with the inverted mix. this is a game changer. I had to buy it.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/malekko-h ... invert-mix
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3003
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: USA, RI

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby eatyourguitar » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:29 pm

I was playing with the snazzy FX Hi Gain module I purchased from Bendy. it is basically 3 high gain pedals in one. it saves space. today I tried modulating the VCA before the snazzy hi gain. this works differently than the CV on the snazzy. if I use a VCA I can stay in the sweet spot and still get a range of distortions. I patched up a crossfader from scratch using an inverted copy of the LFO, there is a lot of low end that the camera can't really pick up but anyway here is a sample.

WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3003
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: USA, RI

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby behndy » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:18 pm

drone drone woosh WOOSH.

glad you're digging it!

it listens to CV different for each input? i forget the details, it's described on his site i think.

fuckkkkkkkkkk.

well. 2 Fucks.

01) damnit. i did NOT realize the Hydrasynth desktop was even a thing. i was ignoring it for my wavetable synth on purpose because i thought only the big boi keys version existed. Argon8 is to hit this Tuesday, i might.... actually.... preemptively return it and order a Hydra desk buddy.

02) i forgot how good and fucking ANGRY the Filterbank is. finally have it accessible and dayuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK


music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy
https://bloodpartyband.bandcamp.com/alb ... e-computer

Imageokay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 19420
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:06 am
Location: Cali. East Bay Yo.

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:42 am

eatyourguitar wrote:I was playing with the snazzy FX Hi Gain module I purchased from Bendy. it is basically 3 high gain pedals in one. it saves space. today I tried modulating the VCA before the snazzy hi gain. this works differently than the CV on the snazzy. if I use a VCA I can stay in the sweet spot and still get a range of distortions. I patched up a crossfader from scratch using an inverted copy of the LFO, there is a lot of low end that the camera can't really pick up but anyway here is a sample.


This is cool!
some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://facebook.com/mediocrisyband/
https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11067
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby eatyourguitar » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:30 pm

I got another filter in the mail. I expanded that patch to be more of a performance patch.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3003
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: USA, RI

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby Muse FTW » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:15 am

That new NE reverb looks pretty cool. Don't have any space for it but I'll try to resist. Really don't want to get any more reverb until that Chase Bliss x Meris pedal comes out.
Muse FTW

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1706
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby doommeow » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:10 pm

eatyourguitar wrote:I was playing with the snazzy FX Hi Gain module I purchased from Bendy. it is basically 3 high gain pedals in one. it saves space. today I tried modulating the VCA before the snazzy hi gain. this works differently than the CV on the snazzy. if I use a VCA I can stay in the sweet spot and still get a range of distortions. I patched up a crossfader from scratch using an inverted copy of the LFO, there is a lot of low end that the camera can't really pick up but anyway here is a sample.



Nice.

Snazzy wasn't on my radar at all. This might be the answer to what I was hoping the Tanh3 would accomplish.
doommeow

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby vidret » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:55 pm

What did the tanH NOT accomplish? I’ve looked at several times to use as compressor or in feedback loops.
vidret

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 6570
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:55 pm
Location: Skogen

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DannDubbleEwe, KRACKED, omarwhite and 15 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.