Glitchipedia

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Glitchipedia

Postby whoismarykelly » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:58 pm

I'm not having the volume issue in my amp's loop. I think there may be some limiting on the wet signal maybe that makes it seem quieter if you feed it a high impedance signal from something like a guitar.

Worth noting that there is limited explanation of how the modes work in the included documentation so it takes a lot of experimenting to figure out what is happening. I can def say guitar isn't the ideal tool for this but I expect there will be more information soon. Basically, all the big controls have a detent but some of them work smoothly through their full range and others do different things as you go either direction from noon. Im currently finding the Red Panda Particle II to be more intuitive for similar sounds in a lot of ways but Cloudy does more "things" if you only have room for one weird box.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cbm » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:44 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:Worth noting that there is limited explanation of how the modes work in the included documentation so it takes a lot of experimenting to figure out what is happening.

There's some more explanation of the Parasites modes here: https://mqtthiqs.github.io/parasites/clouds.html
cbm

committed
committed

Postby cbm » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:08 pm

I spent some more time trying to balance the bypass mix out of the Cloudy today. One complicating factor here is that I have my time-based stuff after a preamp, so I'm hitting the Cloudy pretty hard, so take all this with a grain of salt. (granular pun sadly intended)

I arrived at having the input knob at around 10:30-11:00, the output knob full up, and the mix at noon (but adjusted to taste.) This left me with the clip light still coming on occasionally, but not too much. The wet/dry knob does a pretty good job, when set up like this. The Cloudy is still maybe a little bit quieter than the bypassed signal, but not so much as to be annoying, at least to me.

The one thing that still bugs me is that there's no real control over the level of the frozen buffer, which still seems on the quiet side. Apparently this was problematic with the Eurorack version as well.

All this said, I'm really starting to like this pedal, and I haven't even tried anything other than the granular mode. I love scrubbing through a buffer with an expression pedal. I think Tomkat did a good thing by separating out the feedback and verb knobs, and overall it's a good pedal implementation of a fairly complicated Eurorack module. It's smaller than I expected, as well.
cbm

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:48 pm

Mine finally left NYC. Woop woop!

Keep the impressions (and clips) coming! :snax:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cantremember » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:10 pm

Got my cloudy in today! So far I have spent about an hour with it but my first impression is that it's a really fun pedal. I'm currently staying at my mom's house so I can't really turn up very loud but I didn't notice any volume issues with the In/out both at 12 o'clock. It also worked just fine with my strymon ojai power supply so I'm pretty stoked about that and it's a lot smaller than I though it was gonna be.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:59 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Looking forward to it being stuck in customs for a week. :)*

:grumpy:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cbm » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:08 pm

This one started out as another test of the Tomkat Cloudy, but less in isolation than the last Cloudy track I posted; it's using other looping thingies in addition. It meanders around some familiar territory for me, and also as usual, is way longer than it needs to be, but I think there are some interesting parts, as well. Single pass improv.

I love how Cloudy lets me freeze a phrase, then play a duet with it: scanning through the frozen time with an expression pedal while playing along.

https://soundcloud.com/cbm/unexpected-inevitability

Fuzes include Basic Audio Tri/Ram & Bye-Bias GE, and Spaceman Nebula & Spacerocket. The Digitech Freqout is also featured, in parts.
cbm

committed
committed

Postby Dowi » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:09 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:Looking forward to it being stuck in customs for a week. :)*

:grumpy:

I feel you bro :group:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby shikawkee » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:16 pm

Cloudy is definitely very gain sensitive on the input and output. Been experimenting a lot today. Super cool pedal but very touchy. Oh, and it doesn't like static. Shut the pedal down twice after I was on a rug.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:44 am

So, the Cloudy is way cool. Spent about 8 hours with it yesterday. Blew it up twice (it seems to shut down when overloaded as well as hating static).

Certain programs are VERY sensitive to the feedback knob.

The only problem is see overall is it's basically another unit that's best on the table top unless a device comes forward in the coming months that allows program switching and/or presets. Otherwise you'll be bending down a lot to your board to change stuff.

I dig it though. More sessions today so more experimenting.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:09 am

I know Tom said somewhere that the plan is to implement presets.

Edit:
Does Cloudy have presets?

Not yet. Right now you can save four frozen audio buffers.
*I am working on swapping that feature to instead allow the saving of at least 4 presets."

My Cloudy actually cleared customs the same day and should be at my post office right now, but their system is down so they can't find it. :animal: :picard:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:41 am

UglyCasanova wrote:I know Tom said somewhere that the plan is to implement presets.

Edit:
Does Cloudy have presets?

Not yet. Right now you can save four frozen audio buffers.
*I am working on swapping that feature to instead allow the saving of at least 4 presets."

My Cloudy actually cleared customs the same day and should be at my post office right now, but their system is down so they can't find it. :animal: :picard:

This is what its like for us when you get your Pladask pedals next day and we're waiting two weeks across the pond :lol:
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:46 am

Bros my Revolver is going to be ready on Monday! It's 600 bucks now with shipping and all that!

Should I do it still? Thoughts?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby shikawkee » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:48 am

Jwar wrote:Bros my Revolver is going to be ready on Monday! It's 600 bucks now with shipping and all that!

Should I do it still? Thoughts?

Yes!
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:50 am

shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear