Can we talk about modular synths?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby behndy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:52 am

Tuesdayyyyyy is Who's'day like Whooooo's A Whoreeee For The Shinieeeees THIS GUYYYYYYY DAYYYYYY!!

*Jazz Hands With A Thumb Wiggle*

the sharp edges.
biting panels.
they consume me.

i'm working on an epic piece, in the format of shitty attempts at haiku, detailing the light and dark sides of acquisition, holes inside incomplete humans that will never be filled, a journey into the darkness behind every smile.

there will be puppies.

and hugs.

and kittens.

and LOVE.

and BREAKDOWNS.

..... it's a MUSICAL!
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby behndy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:19 pm

lol. DAMNIT. i didn't order any blues because i'm trying to keep the same color = size coding i have for my BMM cables, and they JUST started making Cyan options that would have worked. oh well. see how well these work out, then mebbe order some more -

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Deltaphoenix » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:00 pm

So, I am almost done with unloading all my Euro. I sold my TTSH + 1601 clone. Looking at other stuffs to sell but I have done the bulk of it.
I am booting my renters out of my old house, remodeling it, moving back there and selling the house we currently live in. That is a solid move, way smaller mortgage AND I GET USE MY STUDIO AGAIN! So stoked to have a ton of room for my stuff.

My 2019 music pledge is to take lessons from Todd Barton for Buchla and Hordijk mastery. I will maybe allow myself to switch out one module in my Buchla but the real focus is on going deeper. Gear purchases I will allow for 2019 are: a drum machine, maybe swapping some pedals, stuff to treat the sound in my studio like a couple of bass traps, some iOS apps. Maybe additional recording gear but I should be good. Ultimately, the point is productivity, for me meaning: learning and recording more.
Last edited by Deltaphoenix on Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Deltaphoenix wrote:My 2019 music pledge...ultimately, the point is productivity, for me meaning: learning and recording more.

I definitely feel this and have the same pledge. I just picked up my last big item in a trade (Novation Peak) and the only thing I'm really looking to get now are studio monitors, misc studio stuff (I am sorely lacking in normal instrument and MIDI cables), and maybe the odd pedal or euro module.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby brndnwilliams » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:56 pm

MrNovember wrote:
Deltaphoenix wrote:My 2019 music pledge...ultimately, the point is productivity, for me meaning: learning and recording more.

I definitely feel this and have the same pledge. I just picked up my last big item in a trade (Novation Peak) and the only thing I'm really looking to get now are studio monitors, misc studio stuff (I am sorely lacking in normal instrument and MIDI cables), and maybe the odd pedal or euro module.

peak is so sick, especially after the recent update. I'm with you folks. I need to release music in 2019 besides my bands stuff... also want better monitors for the synth area
brndnwilliams

committed
committed

Postby Muse FTW » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:42 pm

codetocontra wrote:
They are metal. Knobs were a pain to pull off. Some extra care is needed for any encoders. Went smooth enough though.

behndy wrote:
they're done by the same people that do QuBit panels, metal, solid as hell. they all seem to bevel a TINY bit inward at the ends, so they fit super nice next to each other.

everything about that company and how they roll is classssssss.

what all you going to grab?

Thanks for the info about NE panels peeps.

At the very least I want those new modules. Attenuators aren't really sexy but I'm thinking about getting at least 2 of them because it's a way to trigger more dramatic changes.
Ataraxic Iteritas intrigues me. Their clock divider intrigues me. I'm really in love with them even though I don't really use NE stuff for super noisy stuff usually. I'm also thinking about getting one of those Akemie's Taikos (the big one) and a MUM M8 filter and try to make a legit percussion rig but knowing me I'll probably buy another Castle like a dumbass. I am also REALLY on board for a Chronoblob 2.

Only problem is that all of those cost money. :lol:
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:29 pm

lol. just like. gimme shits.... for freeeeee please?

moof. looks like a trade is going to go through for a Monome Arc. YESH.

now. school me. i need the Ansible? or is the MIDI OC thinger workable? looks like better integration/more features with Ansible?

edit - nope. stupid question. need Ansible. OKAY. or White Whale. was someone on here selling theirs?

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Muse FTW » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:50 pm

behndy wrote:lol. just like. gimme shits.... for freeeeee please?

moof. looks like a trade is going to go through for a Monome Arc. YESH.

now. school me. i need the Ansible? or is the MIDI OC thinger workable? looks like better integration/more features with Ansible?

edit - nope. stupid question. need Ansible. OKAY. or White Whale. was someone on here selling theirs?

You're gonna want to go for the Ansible IMO. More program options.
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:55 pm

lol. well. Dusty is moving all his euro loots and has a WW. thinnnnnk i'm going to end up with both WW and Ansi?

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby kbit » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:59 pm

WW can also/will soon be able to run Kria (WW version), Orca, and Polyearthsea. Check which of those apps are Arc compatible, I don't know if White Whale is to be honest...

EDIT: list of apps and controllers, doesn't look like White Whale would be good for you unless you're running Orca or Polyearthsea, otherwise you'll benefit more from Ansible. Not sure about MIDI implementation, probably way more flexibility there.

https://llllllll.co/t/a-users-guide-to- ... firmwares/

Seriously, do your homework with Monome. There's a lot of interconnectivity with their stuff but also a lot of specific use cases with their apps.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:59 pm

jia. i have spent a little bit of time at lllllllllllllll, but diving on Things Available tonight. going to borrow and probably grab Dusty's WW, have an Ansible on the way, Arc trade went through so WOOT.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Deltaphoenix » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:14 pm

Guys, Behndy is going to get a Grid too.
Orca is probably best on the WW initially with his Arc4 but when he gets that Grid, WW will give plenty of options w/Ansible.
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby behndy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:50 pm

STAHHHHHHP.

murf. i LOVE the Deluge. i'm.... i'm SKEERED of Too Deep Monome Diving damnit.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Muse FTW » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:57 pm

Eurorack is really a disease for me. The amount I've spent on it so far vs. the amount of music created from it is so disproportionate. and worst of all I'm always thirsty for new shit.
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:00 am

yurp. the constant struggle.

i like the idea of Stages in harmy oscL mode, but Just Friends just sounds better to me. put JF and 3 Sistahs back in and dayuuuum i forgot how much fun they are.

holy sheezee i love the VG8 but i can NOT get it to reliably reset. tried every single thing i can find online. it felt like Darkest Barnyard's suggestion was working, but it sometimes resets, mostly doesn't now. so frustrating because it is just a joy to program.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear