Whatever happened to Sonic Crayon pedals?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Whatever happened to Sonic Crayon pedals?

Postby cloudscapes » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:26 am

Right now it's on breadboard, though I might get a clip up on the weekend. I'll make a thread in the other sub for it instead of on here.

8 of the knobs come from the 4 oscillators (tuning and amplitude for each) which can be on all at once, or amplitude modulated by a quadrature LFO. Better than a sequencer like zvex imo, it's less like stages and more of a smooth blending between them. Pretty cool for drones/ambient. Other stuff like oscillator wave shape (wavetable blending), and plain oscillator output (so you can use it just as a quadrature-sequenced drone synth).

Mainly I just needed am excuse to get into ARM programming.
cloudscapes

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cherler » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:44 am

That sounds rad!
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby Christophe » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:58 am

Just a bump here because this thread turned too quiet!
"It's wrong but it works."
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:31 am

UglyCasanova wrote:You design and program, I assemble and paint.

:poke:

This offer still stands. :snax:

If all things work out, I've got a SC Moth bitcrusher incoming soon. I'll be sure to post some pics and maybe even a short video. :thumb:

I must have subconsciously known about the Moth bitcrusher when I made this form2 :animal:

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Add4 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Hey,

I was wondering where do you (Cloudscapes) find this information about audio signal processing.
You mentioned several times that you're self taught and just a hobbyist, but you also can talk about the different methods for slowing down a signal and how one method if historical while the other one is modern. I think it's a pretty impressive example of self education and i'm curious about your technical sources. Where do you look when you want to find how to produce a specific effect?

I guess i'm also curious about the way you bridged the gap between analog and digital. I'm currently doing that and I find the learning curve pretty steep.

Anyway thanks for sharing insights about what you do, it's pretty inspiring.
Add4

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed May 22, 2019 9:35 am

My Sonic Crayon Moth (along with two other pedals) was sent from the US on the 9th and somehow ended up in Portugal on the 11th. It's been M.I.A. since. So the Moths might even be more rare now. :animal: :cry:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed May 22, 2019 9:37 am

UglyCasanova wrote:My Sonic Crayon Moth (along with two other pedals) was sent from the US on the 9th and somehow ended up in Portugal on the 11th. It's been M.I.A. since. So the Moths might even be more rare now. :animal: :cry:

Ooof that's a huge bummer. Usually things will get returned to sender rather than outright lost so hopefully there is a resolution eventually.
The Wind in the Trees - Heavy glitch-laden Baltimore noise
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear