Can we talk about modular synths?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:12 pm

I posted this in the ring mod thread too because…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJX54RPQ874

I wanna be a timbre farmer. :D
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby behndy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:53 pm

i wanna be a farmer in Timbs.

WE ALL GOT DREAMS MAN.

also, dammmmmn i'm excited about learning Marbles and Stages. dunno when the Stages should to be shipping, but Marbles says it will be here by Friday. annnnnnnd i have to put my modulars away to turn our music/bidness room into a spare room for two weeks this weekend.

DURN IT.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Antlerface » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:39 pm

My case is rapidly filling up. Second cv bus, Wow & Flutter, uBurst, RXMX all showed up finally. When Stages gets here i’ll Have 10hp left across four rows. 2hp x3 and 4hp x1. Think a Disting for the 4hp spot, then probably finally spring for Pluck, Freez, and a vca all by 2hp.

Really trying to love the Morphagene. Not feeling it for some reason recently. Maybe grab a w/ and see if I jive better w that?
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:45 pm

Antlerface wrote:My case is rapidly filling up. Second cv bus, Wow & Flutter, uBurst, RXMX all showed up finally. When Stages gets here i’ll Have 10hp left across four rows. 2hp x3 and 4hp x1. Think a Disting for the 4hp spot, then probably finally spring for Pluck, Freez, and a vca all by 2hp.

Really trying to love the Morphagene. Not feeling it for some reason recently. Maybe grab a w/ and see if I jive better w that?

If you end up passing on the Morphagene and are into trades, hit me up, I've got some things I may be willing to trade towards one.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Ruiner » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Antlerface wrote:My case is rapidly filling up. Second cv bus, Wow & Flutter, uBurst, RXMX all showed up finally. When Stages gets here i’ll Have 10hp left across four rows. 2hp x3 and 4hp x1. Think a Disting for the 4hp spot, then probably finally spring for Pluck, Freez, and a vca all by 2hp.

I’m about to sell a dusting. Not because it sucks I just have never had the time to sit and learn it and am downsizing big time right now so if you want it let me know!
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Antlerface » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:55 pm

Id be into that Ruiner. Mk4?

Also here’s a thing I did earlier.

https://instagram.com/p/BhuZbegAIJl/
Last edited by Antlerface on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby worra » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:27 pm

Ruiner wrote:

I’m about to sell a dusting. Not because it sucks I just have never had the time to sit and learn it and am downsizing big time right now so if you want it let me know!

What elllllse you got?

Local sales are best sales :animal:
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ruiner » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:12 pm

Antlerface, yes.

Worra, I’ll be posting a list soon
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby greyscales » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:49 pm

Local synth "club"/meetup yesterday was cool. Got to mess around a little bit with some random euro modules that I wouldn't have checked out otherwise.

After messing around with a Rings just a little bit I decided to go ahead and pre-order a Plaits. The processing elements of Rings are appealing but I don't want to fall into an ambient trap. Other people do that better than I'll be able to. And I like the sound of the VCFA built in to Plaits. Seems like it would be easy to integrate into my rig with a lot of versatility down the road.
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Antlerface » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:04 pm

Oh yeah, TSNM3U showed Monday. It fucking rules. Dude on Muffs still has a couple.

Solid build, crazy good alternative to Pressure Points/Brains. Not too different, but the stuff you lose like a bunch of outputs can be worked around. The menu is easy as pie. Also presets and in depth sequencing. Yes plz.

Feel like Doboz would make a killing if they released their modules assembled. Though I guess selling $80 PCB is a good racket itself.

Anyone seen the vari.f.o.? $100 for a quad LFO that you can swap capacitors out to change the range seems really fucking cool.
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:18 am

the most exciting butts part of the FLXS update is the modulation outs, and especially being able to route them internally so one channel gate or CV can control them.

NEAT.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ruiner » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:35 am

Yeah I was having so much fun yesterday using internal cv and external cv to create modulation patterns. What was cool besides that is I had only one track sequencing the melody I was creating but multiplied that output to several different effects in parallel and then created more modulation patterns on the other three tracks all affecting the sequence on track one for some super complex stuff. Then I copied those into new patterns and used the randomize feature on everything and chained them in song mode. This is finally the sequencer I wanted it to be and together with a new grid sequencer I’m getting that should be here today... should be the only two sequencers I really need and can sell off the rest
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby behndy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:31 am

yessssss. that's another thing. a Randok Function that actually populates a sequence with data so you can manipulate the results? yesssss PLEASE.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:00 am

Marbles is out for delivery!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby MrNovember » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:01 am

Also, I noticed there's a new DIY version of the Sampleslicer available and I am very, very tempted to pick one up.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear