Oh boy Josh Homme.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Oh boy Josh Homme.

Postby echorec » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:58 pm

aen wrote:You may not know that I was once backstage in someone else's dressing room, JH entered, and smacked me right in the balls.

Sounds like a fun guy. :idk:
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:05 am

:idk:
I don't know why everyone seems so surprised by this. Doesn't he have a history of violence?
I mean, sure, he kicked Nick out for beating his girlfriend, but he's done this kind of stuff before in shows, and it appears that all the big name rockstars have decided they're gonna break cameras whenever they want to because it's "punk rock" or something.

If she sues him and wins, I'm not gonna cry or even raise an eyebrow.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:03 am

Literally give no fucks. He's an asshole
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Psyre » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:43 am

I'd probably listen to Mastodon before listening to QotSA, or is he in STP? Can't say I've listened to any of them. Anyway, he should get a face tat of that blood. Based solely on appearance and not knowing much abt cock rock, he seems like someone who would cry and want to fight if you touched his hair.
Psyre

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dozicusmaximus » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:59 am

haha. Sounds about right. I don't remember what stories I've heard and from who, but I know I've heard him pulling some asshole shit before.
Never cared for QotSA.
I was just talking to a dude at work about them. He loves them. I told him I didn't and that JH is reportedly an asshole. So now I feel validated.
Not to say I only listen to music that's been created by quality humans or anything. I still like Kyuss.
dozicusmaximus

committed
committed

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:52 am

Kyuss fucking ruled. QOTSA/EODM is garbage dad rock.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:00 am

Started reading this thread thinking it was a metaphor for having to listen to new QOTSA
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:20 am

Looks like he was trying to kick her camera, for some reason. It's not like she was paparazzi in his driveway, so I can't figure out why he would do that (apart from the obvious, that he's just under the influence and/or having some kind of breakdown on stage). It doesn't seem like a given that he was trying to injure her, but it's certain stupid and reckless. Photographers hold their cameras up to their face, so if you take a swing at them (especially if you're kicking and wearing what I'm guessing was probably cowboy boots or something) at a big camera someone is taking pictures with, you're probably going to hit them in the face.

I think he deserves shit (and a lawsuit, at the very least), but I think it's taking a leap to say he saw her and decided to kick her in the face. I read that statement he released and that was kind of bullshit. He didn't look like he was getting lost in the performance, he looked like he walked past her, turned around, clocked her (looked down right at her), then took a swipe. The guy has a history of substance abuse and being personally contentious with people, so it's disappointing but not surprising.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby popvulture » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:07 am

D.o.S. wrote:Started reading this thread thinking it was a metaphor for having to listen to new QOTSA

Hahahaha!
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lost in music » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:15 am

Aghartha wrote:Kyuss fucking ruled. QOTSA/EODM is garbage dad rock.

Kyuss was just Steppenwolf for skater kids. QOTSA is so much more sonically adventerous and rewarding. EODM is dad rock though, this much is true.

At some point though Homme got it into his head that he's the last living embodiment of the dangerous rockstar archetype and keeps trying to live up to that. Its pathetic because he's a talented guy and can be very intelligent and insightful at times, but this album cycle has been full of "hey, I'm drinking tequila at 10 am on a Tuesday because rockstar" bullshit.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby dubkitty » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:21 am

oy. this kind of shit wasn't even cool back in Sid Vicious' day. one more reason for me to not give a flying fuck about JH.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Kacey Y » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:57 am

You can't be the guy who makes goofy dad jokes and ironically dances for silly videos AND the dangerous rockstar who gets wasted, acts like a maniac and kicks people in front of the stage in the face.

Well...you CAN, because he is...but they're not exactly complimentary personas. Just makes him come off like phony or a nutcase.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:09 am

I haven't read the whole thread but

vidret wrote:i looked at the video and i'd assume he just got annoyed because she was so far up the stage with that thing.

it's a fuckup, and that's it. it's not a good reason to kick someone's camera, but spinning it as him kicking a female fan in the face isn't the same, at all.

I think that is a messed up thing to say. She was paid to photograph his shitty gig, he kicked her in the face. She wasn't paparazzi attacking him with cameras when he's going out to buy milk, she's effectively his colleague for the night and he booted her in the face. There's no defence for him here, she's 100% a victim.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:25 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:I haven't read the whole thread but

vidret wrote:i looked at the video and i'd assume he just got annoyed because she was so far up the stage with that thing.

it's a fuckup, and that's it. it's not a good reason to kick someone's camera, but spinning it as him kicking a female fan in the face isn't the same, at all.

I think that is a messed up thing to say. She was paid to photograph his shitty gig, he kicked her in the face. She wasn't paparazzi attacking him with cameras when he's going out to buy milk, she's effectively his colleague for the night and he booted her in the face. There's no defence for him here, she's 100% a victim.

Messed up or not, it doesn't change the fact that it's probably obnoxious having lights flashed in your eyes all night. Does it justify it? No. Absolutely not, but you can see how it would be obnoxious and I'm sure regardless of contracts, it does get old. I'm not trying to defend the guy either. He's a dick no doubt. I can understand it though. I've wanted to bludgeon people at shows with those cameras because of how fucking annoying they are. Don't misread me though, I'm not saying it's ok.

I don't know if anyone is spinning it towards a female issue here but maybe I missed that? I mean, it's 2017. Everyone's constantly up in arms, so it wouldn't surprise me.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:27 am

Also, Ben that sucks man. I have never loved QOTSA, but I like some of their music. Hearing that dude tried to smack you in your junk is just as fucked up as this. I would have beat his fucking ass dude. Bouncers would have been used that night. I hate musicians who act like they are untouchable and gods. Drives me fucking crazy.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to Music