velcroy guitar fuzz

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: velcroy guitar fuzz

Postby decomposing » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:07 pm

I've been on this exact same search for so long it's unreal at this point.
it all started with getting a blue box as a goof someplace. and then loving it as a fuzz.
been through the fuzz factory, fat fuzz factory, demo tape, fuzz stang, superfuzz...
and all left me wanting for that rip your face off and melt liquid metal into your eyes while frying in a pan sound
like a nursery rhyme none were right. but I'm hoping this terminal ends my search and think it should.
nasty japanese fuzz madness with more tonal control. but yeah...
GOOD LUCK...
and may the force be with you.

(((trades>>>
///ronripper/WesMantooth/thebetasignal/SpaceFlunky/Jnichols2727/pieceofshit/DannDubbleEwe/
Brobee/odontophobia/chuckjaywalk/ChetMagongalo/nevada/BassIsBad/jellyfishfuzz/ingloriousoz/MrNovember/killthenil/K2000///>>>)))
/// images >>> https://www.instagram.com/neuroticexpanse///

decomposing

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:25 pm

I don't know but with that last sound description you gave both the EQD Terminal and Infanem Driving Notion are exactly what come to my mind.

EDIT:
Huh, did I just fail to read an EQD Terminal is exactly what you have coming? :lol:
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 pm

+1 on Velcrobot. Haven't played one, but I've seen every demo out there and I should get one as well.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby vallaton » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:03 am

maggot wrote:Velco is in the eye of the beholder, but I like the gated settings of a ZVex Fuzzolo for velcro. But there are really two kinds of velcro - gated and non-gated. I think you're talking about the non-gated kind. Get a Velcrobot.
yesss, gated fuzz i've already got in unpleasant surprise.

decomposing wrote:I've been on this exact same search for so long it's unreal at this point.
it all started with getting a blue box as a goof someplace. and then loving it as a fuzz.
been through the fuzz factory, fat fuzz factory, demo tape, fuzz stang, superfuzz...
and all left me wanting for that rip your face off and melt liquid metal into your eyes while frying in a pan sound
like a nursery rhyme none were right. but I'm hoping this terminal ends my search and think it should.
nasty japanese fuzz madness with more tonal control. but yeah...
GOOD LUCK...
and may the force be with you.
thanks! let us know your thoughts on the terminal when you get it!

UglyCasanova wrote:+1 on Velcrobot. Haven't played one, but I've seen every demo out there and I should get one as well.
yeah, i think that's the next move!
vallaton

committed
committed

Postby maggot » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:43 pm

Maybe check out the Abominable Electronics Demon Lung. It's an FZ2 clone with significantly increased insanity. Some of the demos sounded very Velcro to me.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby vallaton » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:47 pm

maggot wrote:Maybe check out the Abominable Electronics Demon Lung. It's an FZ2 clone with significantly increased insanity.
UMMMMMMM FZ2 CLONE WITH INCREASED INSANITY? SIGN ME UP! I don't even care if it doesn't do the velcroy stuff, this will be my next dirt pedal.
vallaton

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:22 pm

I just got a faceless marquis that can get quite velcro-y, but in a kind of classic 60s way. It's not gelling well with one of my guitars (old mustang with weak pickups) so I'm gonna flip it but it's great with any other guitar.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby frigid midget » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:34 pm

Not really clear to me where the extra insanity is hidden :idk:

Sure the blend control and extra footswitch are nice, but aside from those diy-esque mods it's basically a $200 FZ-2 clone that trades in the boost mode for 'russian klon diodes' and purty graphics, no? :idk:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby decomposing » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:05 pm

well the terminal is a jax/fy-2 clone of sorts with jamie's mojo thrown in.
I have it. just need to really test it out for what I want with VOLUME.
the fuzz stang was cool but too synthy for me. I love synth, just not exactly in my fuzz pedal. FOR THIS SOUND.
the fuzz factory is more insanity that takes a lot of time to manage to dial in something pleasing for me. BUT FUN.
the superfuzz was too messy and unrefined for me in vintage form. BUT RAW.
but the sound clips I've wrapped my head around for what I want to do it's the terminal all the way.
there's so many fuzzes out there and want more. the fm2 looks insane too. but more a rumbling engine sound I guess?

(((trades>>>
///ronripper/WesMantooth/thebetasignal/SpaceFlunky/Jnichols2727/pieceofshit/DannDubbleEwe/
Brobee/odontophobia/chuckjaywalk/ChetMagongalo/nevada/BassIsBad/jellyfishfuzz/ingloriousoz/MrNovember/killthenil/K2000///>>>)))
/// images >>> https://www.instagram.com/neuroticexpanse///

decomposing

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby vallaton » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:14 pm

frigid midget wrote:Not really clear to me where the extra insanity is hidden :idk:

Sure the blend control and extra footswitch are nice, but aside from those diy-esque mods it's basically a $200 FZ-2 clone that trades in the boost mode for 'russian klon diodes' and purty graphics, no? :idk:
oh. there's no boost mode? damn. still interested though.
for some reason there's not enough fz-2 pedals up here to make it "used boss pedal" cheap. they go for boutique prices (though not for $200, but like $120-150ish) and don't pop up that often. so might as well pay the boutique price for a boutique pedal instead.
vallaton

committed
committed

Postby FuzzHugger » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:32 pm

Seedy wrote:
goroth wrote:http://www.fuzzhugger.com/pedal-velcrobot.html

Get on this now. The bot mode lets you get all the filtery loving you need.

There are two SICK finishes available at the moment. If you are going to use it live get the big box version - I kept stepping on both stomps by accident with the small box.

+1 to the Velcrobot, one of the most amazing pedals I own.

:hug:
If the Velcrobot isn't everything you want in a velcroy fuzz, I'll ban myself.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby hotknife » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:35 pm

Velcrobot is on the list this year. :love:
#reversereverbintoprofit #ambientflippershark
hotknife

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:46 pm

:lol: :rock:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:31 am

*Librarian glasses on*

This is from an ILF builder. The Seer riff starts at about 3:00 minutes. More velcro than female on female tribadism.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:34 am

Also Witch were awesome.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear