Newly-Acquired Tremolessence: Question About "Shape" Knob

Moderator: Ryan

Newly-Acquired Tremolessence: Question About "Shape" Knob

Postby Vhailor » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:21 pm

("Newly-acquired" in this title of this thread means "it arrived in the post this morning". )

I'm having some fun with this but I am having some difficulty understand how the "Shape" knob works. It seems to effect the tremolo speed, being slowest at noon and speeding up considerably when at either extreme.

Is this how it's supposed to work? If so, I'd like to understand the logic behind it please!

Thank you!
Vhailor

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Newly-Acquired Tremolessence: Question About "Shape" Kno

Postby Eric! » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:39 pm

Basically, the shape knob turns a regular triangle wave into a ramp or sawtooth wave at either extreme,

and with the squarewave, it determines the ratio of on to off..noon is 50/50, and either direction with skew it into blips or slimmed cuts.

Make sense?
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Vhailor » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:03 am

Yes, I understand what the "Shape" control does.

But here's the thing: it not only alters the duty cycle of the square wave, and the slopes of the triangle wave; it also seems to change the rate / speed of the tremolo, along with the shape of the waveform. And I don't understand why it does that.
Vhailor

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby goroth » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:48 am

vidret wrote:it could be perceived or it could be that it alters the waveform so that it's actually shorter, hence faster rate.

This.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Return to Dr. Scientist