Bitquest Reverb Modulation?

Moderator: Ryan

Bitquest Reverb Modulation?

Postby CBA » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:30 pm

Hi fiends.

Is there some kind of knob trick to getting the Clean Reverb modulation to work on the Bitquest? CTRL1 works fine (reverb decay) and CTRL0 seems to work fine with the pre-delay, but I can't seem to get the modulation to work on CTRL2. I got it to work for a second but I don't know how... I was just twisting knobs and the reverb went "BEEEEERRRRRRooooooo" downward. But then it never came back. I have the manual but I can't seem to make it go. Every other patch is working just fine so hopefully this is just user error. I'm SURE it is. ;)

Any tips?

Thanks!

C
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Bitquest Reverb Modulation?

Postby CBA » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:48 pm

Hmmmm. Ok I kinda figured it out so tell me if I'm rightish. In order to get the modulation to kick in with CTRL2, CTRL0 cannot be at minimum or maximum. I know minimum CTRL0 turns off the pre-delay, but I'm not sure if the same thing goes for maximum or if that's even a "thing" or what. So you have to have CTRL0 somewhere in the middle in order for the modulation to kick on with CTRL2. And in order to turn the modulation on with CTRL2, you seem to have to set it at minimum BEFORE you set CTRL0 in the middle.

So basically to turn on Clean Reverb modulation you go like this:

Turn CTRL2 to minimum
Quickly turn CTRL0 to a middle position (from wherever?)
Turn CTRL2 clockwise to desired modulation speed
Set CTRL0 to desired modulation depth (max clockwise ok, minimum turns off)

Let me know if I'm missing anything or complicating any steps and/or if I can cut something out.

C
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:06 pm

I'll check this.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Tristan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:58 pm

From what I recall the range of the modulation also depends on the decay of the reverb so it will be more apparent with higher decay settings.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Return to Dr. Scientist