Dear Dr. Scientist...

Moderator: Ryan

Re: Dear Dr. Scientist...

Postby Holy Schnikes » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:07 am

goroth wrote:Bumping this because we now live in the age of Digital Ryan...

Based on my new BitQuest this is an exciting age to live in. :thumb:
univalve wrote:Boner on Fire Wallet Panties!
Holy Schnikes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Fuzz_Pi » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:55 am

I'd rather have this than a new delay. The delay market is way saturated already
Fuzz_Pi

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Fuzz_Pi wrote:I'd rather have this than a new delay. The delay market is way saturated already

I'd be inclined to agree with you except for the fact that the random register thing on the delay on the but quest is crazy good. A bit more control over that, and a really good grit control over the delays... That'd be worth buying!
But yeah, this first!!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Ryan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:43 pm

haha cool old bump!

I think a weird looper would be a great pedal too... just tough to find the right part for it. Z used a cool old analog chip that's long gone now (right?) and to do a digital version would require micro knowledge beyond my skill at the moment.

I hear you guys that a delay pedal isn't exactly the most exciting release but I think I've made a big mistake through the last few years not having a delay in my line. Delay and distortion really drive the guitar pedal world. So next up for me is definitely a delay but don't worry, it won't be all about tape heads or analog warmth, I'm not going anywhere near that end of the pool.

I'll make an 8 patch noise-delay with each patch having some weird parameter to control besides delay rate and repeats. Like bitcrushing the repeats, glitching them, pitch shifting them, gritty to fuzzy-ing them, reverbing them, maybe reversing them, and more. It'll be a delay adventure pedal for out-there sounds. I'll modulate the Spin clock too which will give a cool kind of mod plus extend the delay time while lowering the quality. It'll be a fun experimental delay pedal.

One of the things I'll experiment with is a shorter-than-20-seconds-low-fi looper. By lowering the clock frequency of the Spin you lower the system resolution but extend the system delay time, so I think I can push it to a few seconds or more of low-fi looping, like a long low-fi delay kinda sound, not really a looper pedal, but I'll see what I can do with it and if I could do a simple looper with several seconds I might go for it.

So delay first, looper experiments during!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:03 pm

Woooo!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Previous

Return to Dr. Scientist