· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
pedals fished from the shores of lake okanagan and flash frozen for freshness <drscientist.ca> <FB> <IG>
Post a reply

Re: Perfecting The Bitquest

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:10 pm

You know what would be kind of cool? If both the dirty mode and the clean mode were always active, and there was a knob to crossfade between them. The same knobs determine the settings for each mode, so adjusting one would always adjust the other. Sure, I'd essentially require two Bitquests under the hood and there'd be a ton of unusable settings, but the serendipity of stumbling upon an interesting combination would be a lot of fun.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:56 am

Hey you have what you want, I'll have what I want. ;)

Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:17 pm

It's true. :) lol

Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:38 pm

Quite fair, what I suggested would by no means be "perfecting", I was just throwing out a crazy idea.

I second the idea to have a toggle switch to choose which knob the expression pedal modifies.

A faster, dirtier pitch shifter would also be quite cool.

For the notch, what about using half of the sweep of a knob to control an envelope, and have to control an LFO? Or maybe a crossfade between the two?

Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:19 pm

I feel like the obvious improvement to the Bitquest! Would presets and MIDI implementation. Then you can feasibly use more than just one effect live.

Also the modulation on the delay could be more useable, but i've figured out where the 5th and octave is on it and then it does become a very useable if quite specifc sound. The knobs are sooo touchy though I find it hard to recall precise settings.

Otherwise, what a damn fine pedal.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:51 am

^^^ 100% that. It's my only gripe about the pedal, the inability to easily switch between effects/settings live. I don't know how hard it'd be to do, but if Ryan ever were to make a V2 like the Frazz, MIDI options would be beyond wonderful.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:56 pm

Turning the ring mod all the way until it is a tremolo is cool, but sometimes I wish the Bitquest had more range on the ring mod to get more tremolo speeds, or that it had a tremolo effect on the dial.

The clean side ring mod in tremolo territory with reverb sounds really good and Twin Peaks-ish, I think! Perhaps my favorite Bitquest sound.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:17 am

Envelope control would be my number one mod

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:18 am

The Reverb that I heard was my favorite part

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:33 pm

:cry:

Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:19 pm

colourofsound wrote:I feel like the obvious improvement to the Bitquest! Would presets and MIDI implementation. Then you can feasibly use more than just one effect live.

Also the modulation on the delay could be more useable, but i've figured out where the 5th and octave is on it and then it does become a very useable if quite specifc sound. The knobs are sooo touchy though I find it hard to recall precise settings.

Otherwise, what a damn fine pedal.

This x1000. I would pay out the arse for a Bitquest with presets.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:15 pm

love this pedal. But if there were going to be changes, my wish list would include:

trails for reverb & delay. particularly with heavy verb it would be great to get a thick pad going and then be able to bypass to trails so it rumbles along without listening to the dry

slower rate on flange, and maybe increase the max feedback on flange too
Post a reply