Who Loves Badass TV shows? Let's hear it!

Moderator: Ryan

Re: i love you Dr. Scientist

Postby Ryan » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:41 am

Look Around You is wildly funny! Brits sure know how to make me laugh. You guys like season 2 as much as season 1? Any Dark Place fans? I know Bobby D is a big fan of The Boosh.. you watch them too, Aen?
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Scruffie » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:04 am

Ryan wrote:Out partying instead of staying home and politely watching some tv, hey Scruffie? :idk: :p

I'm gonna watch Dead Set this weekend.. I love zombie flicks and I've never heard of this one. Brits do great horror.. I really liked 28 Days and Weeks Later and one of my most favourite horrors ever is Dog Soldiers.

Garrett, how'd you enjoy Top Chef Masters? Pretty cool hey! I love watching food shows, seeing people cook, especially competition shows.. Top Chef is by far my fave out of all the different shows like Hell's Kitchen, Iron Chef, Next Food Network Star... Top Chef rules. The first episode of season 6 the other night was awesome too, having so many award winning/nominated chefs competing... that one lady even works in one of Ripert's restaurants.. what a season this will be!

... I know, i'l have to start watching T.V again...

Now horror, that's my thing... Dog Soliders, 28 Days & weeks was great, if you haven't seen it, check out Severance, that's another great one, I wont even ask if you've seen Shaun of the dead.

Dead Sets a 5 or so part thing which is good cause it's like an whole movie split up, plus it has all the people from the british big brother (which I hate so them being eaten is great!)

Lol this is getting disturbing Ryan... I love watching cooking shows aswell... are tastes are too simmilar.
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby LowWatt » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:36 pm

Scruffie wrote:
Ryan wrote:Out partying instead of staying home and politely watching some tv, hey Scruffie? :idk: :p

I'm gonna watch Dead Set this weekend.. I love zombie flicks and I've never heard of this one. Brits do great horror.. I really liked 28 Days and Weeks Later and one of my most favourite horrors ever is Dog Soldiers.

Garrett, how'd you enjoy Top Chef Masters? Pretty cool hey! I love watching food shows, seeing people cook, especially competition shows.. Top Chef is by far my fave out of all the different shows like Hell's Kitchen, Iron Chef, Next Food Network Star... Top Chef rules. The first episode of season 6 the other night was awesome too, having so many award winning/nominated chefs competing... that one lady even works in one of Ripert's restaurants.. what a season this will be!

... I know, i'l have to start watching T.V again...

Now horror, that's my thing... Dog Soliders, 28 Days & weeks was great, if you haven't seen it, check out Severance, that's another great one, I wont even ask if you've seen Shaun of the dead.

Dead Sets a 5 or so part thing which is good cause it's like an whole movie split up, plus it has all the people from the british big brother (which I hate so them being eaten is great!)

Lol this is getting disturbing Ryan... I love watching cooking shows aswell... are tastes are too simmilar.

Have you guys seen Ravenous? Awesome cannibal horror movie from a few years back. Pretty sure Damon Albarn did the soundtrack.
LowWatt

committed
committed

Postby Ryan » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:54 pm

Yessir, Scruffie, you certainly have some fine taste! Don't cooking shows rule? There's just something really relaxing and enjoyable about watching chefs cook, I don't know what it is.. I don't really like cooking at all.. I just love cooking shows! And heck yeah I love Shawn of the Dead, I wish there was more horror/comedies, that's a great genre for me.

I really like Ravenous too, by far my favourite cannibal movie I'd say. The music is great, hey? Really weird!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Scruffie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:31 pm

Why thank you, Yeah Cooking shows are good, you can just sorta lul into them and look at the really nice food, we do differ though as I like to cook aswell so I get some ideas outta them.

Horror/Comedy is an great genre, there must be more out there that I haven't seen yet but I just can't seem to find it (other than Evil Dead II etc.)

If you like british horror though, they made an simmilar style movie to Dog Soldiers but about Nazi Ghosts in an underground bunker, alot less comedy though, still a good watch if I remember it though (It's got Tyres out of Spaced in it though) & Severance that I recommended is directed in a simmilarly bleak fashion, but has got some good laughs in it, especially involving an surface to air missile.

I'l have to have an look at ravenous then... dunno where i'l find it though, but i'm sure it's around somewhere, I recognise a few of the actors in it after looking at it though which is normally a good start.
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby Ryan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:15 pm

Hey Scruffie! I think you mean the movie Outpost and heck yeah, I liked it! I was wondering if you use torrents to get some of these old gems? I know that's pretty darn controversial but I think it's a very valid way to get some of these older or obscure things that we talk about, like Ravenous. I'm gonna check out Severance tonight or this weekend, love watching a cool horror!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Scruffie » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:23 pm

Lol I do mean Outpost... I didn't even realise I didn't put the name of it in my reply... but you knew what it was so that's alright, yeah pretty good film if I recall it, will have to give it another watch at some point.

I think you'll like Severance, it was certainly one of the better ones for me and we appear to be on the same wave length (god I hate that term haha) for alot of these things.
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby LowWatt » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:19 pm

Scruffie wrote:Horror/Comedy is an great genre, there must be more out there that I haven't seen yet but I just can't seem to find it (other than Evil Dead II etc.)

If you haven't already, check out Behind The Mask : The Rise of Leslie Vernon for a good horror/comedy. It has it's flaws, but it's a great concept.
LowWatt

committed
committed

Postby Scruffie » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:26 pm

I haven't checked that out... just looked on IMDB and an good rating and Robert Englund, looks like i've got an film for tommorow night! Cheers for the suggestion.
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby Ryan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:11 pm

Cool tip, LW, thanks!

Speaking of Robert Englund, I always enjoyed the Freddy movies... 80s horror movies are so fun and cool.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blurillaz » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:16 am

I see that this has changed to the TV SHow and Videos thread.
On a completely-unrelated-to-any-shows-elsewhere-in-this-thread note, even though it is a kid's show it is as hilarious as (If not more hilarious than) most of the shows already mentioned. It's name ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seriously, it's just so random and they put in a kid's show what no one else would. Plus, it's just incredibly weird. :thumb: I don't care if any of you hate it, I find it sillyful.
we
Blurillaz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:28 pm

Pretty cool, hey B-man? A thread about funny shows and horror movies!

I've got some Flapjack coming my way, looking forward to checking it out!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blurillaz » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Ryan wrote:Pretty cool, hey B-man? A thread about funny shows and horror movies!

I've got some Flapjack coming my way, looking forward to checking it out!

:)
we
Blurillaz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Scruffie » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:11 am

Man... that just blew my mind haha.. gunna have to get some of that... it was like Metalocalypse without any metal and strange.. things.
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby Blurillaz » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:25 pm

Scruffie wrote:Man... that just blew my mind haha.. gunna have to get some of that... it was like Metalocalypse without any metal and strange.. things.

:lol:
I can'r find it on youtube, but there's one part which is incredibly hilarious, that goes something like this-
K'nuckles: "I'm going to have to do the hardest thing for any man to do..."
Flapjack: "What's that, Cap'n?
K'nuckles: "Be nice to a woman that thinks she's as smart as me"

:wha?:
:eek:
:lol:
:facepalm:
:mad:
:evil:
:)
;)
:joy: