For those looking for a stereo tremolo, I could compare at home Fulltone Supa-Trem2 VS Tremolessence :
- Sound: Both sound very natural and warm. A little advantage to Supatrem which is totally silent (Tremolessence add a little bit of hiss) and can get deeper tremolo even at quick setting. Tremolessence has more volume on tap if you need + EQ.
- Phase: You can control degree of phase on Supatrem2. Only in phase or out of phase on Tremolessence (inside switch).
- Build quality: Both are top notch.
- Plugs: Supatrem2 uses 2 inputs + 2 outputs. Tremolessence uses TRS inputs/outputs so you have to buy TRS cables. I do have a Cosmichorus + Neubaber Wet so I could connect last pedals with TRS.
- Tap/Expression control : Tremolessence doesn't have tap tempo but Speed and Depth can be controlled separately by expression pedal which I find more useful.
- Format: I finally kept the Tremolessence especially because it is more compact. I just wished it could go 100% wet like Supa-trem2 for extreme pan setting.
Why? This is just an objective comparison between 2 of the best tremolos available. Before I bought them 2, it was hard to find comparing reviews. I kept Tremolessence 'cause it's very nice sounding and compact.
As a little aside: the one thing I wish the Tremolessence would do is go 100% dry. I have it last in my chain, and I'd love to be able to double its usage as an end-of-chain clean boost for leads (when I'm not using tremolo of course).
Edit: I should have mentioned I still use it as a boost despite that, because it can get so close to 100% dry that no one would notice in most situations.
Last edited by Clean Channel on Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is true. And it makes me 0,1% sad. But I still use it as an end of chain boost
Put the frequency on the slowest, depth at lowest, square wave and push the shape all the way clockwise so that it is on more than it is off. At the slowest it is only pulsing at 0,2 Hz, and the volume dip is fairly insubstantial. It works well enough that I ditched my booster (which meant that I could fit the Unpleasant Surprise back on the board for trashing everything).
JonnyAngle wrote:Vidret took the spin chip from his pretty years and put it in his bitquest