· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
pedals fished from the shores of lake okanagan and flash frozen for freshness <drscientist.ca> <FB> <IG>
Post a reply

Re: The Heisenberg Molecular Overdrive

Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:34 am

have one of these on the way..I was hyped before reading this thread, now I AM FUCKING STOKED!!!!

psychedelics are officially off the table. I don't want to get spun into another dimension by this thing!

Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:46 am

Enjoy it! I use mine every time I play!

Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:53 am

yooo so this thing is THE SHIT. so simple, yet so awesome! trying real hard to stay away from buzzwords like warm and organic, but damn this thing sounds natural. one of my first thoughts when playing with it was 'holy shit I really suck at guitar'. it's dirty, but it's clear. know what I mean? stuck on the opamp setting for guitar, but the other modes are useful for cleaner kinds of boost.. knocked this fucker out of the park, ryan! yay technology!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:25 am

Totally agree! I love how simple it is to use and dial in, yet has three distinct circuits for mega versatility! So damn good!

Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:24 pm

Dude, get on the npn. That suits the shitgaze aesthetic perfectly man! And if it isn't enough slam it with some more overdrive or a boost or something.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:40 pm

resincum wrote:yooo so this thing is THE SHIT. so simple, yet so awesome! trying real hard to stay away from buzzwords like warm and organic, but damn this thing sounds natural. one of my first thoughts when playing with it was 'holy shit I really suck at guitar'. it's dirty, but it's clear. know what I mean? stuck on the opamp setting for guitar, but the other modes are useful for cleaner kinds of boost.. knocked this fucker out of the park, ryan! yay technology!!!!!!!!

Pretty much my exact experience. Including the sucking at guitar part :lol:

Literally my only change (& it's not even a big deal) would be to have the ability to set each modes treble independently. I have a tendency to want to change modes with my foot and often times the npn and fet stages sound darker and throw things off.
Last edited by Jero on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:50 pm

goroth wrote:Dude, get on the npn. That suits the shitgaze aesthetic perfectly man! And if it isn't enough slam it with some more overdrive or a boost or something.

much truth. very wise :joy:

Clean Channel wrote:Enjoy it! I use mine every time I play!

Mon May 23, 2016 7:31 pm

goroth wrote:Dude, get on the npn. That suits the shitgaze aesthetic perfectly man! And if it isn't enough slam it with some more overdrive or a boost or something.

I've been using npn exclusively since this post :!!!:

fet is SO GOOD for boosting those quiet sounds without hampering with the original tone :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

Mon May 23, 2016 8:26 pm

NPN rules for not being just-another-great overdrive. It's the black sheep option that gives the Heisey the expected Dr.S flair.

Like I've said over and over, having all three right there is what takes this pedal from amazing to mind-blown!

Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:45 am

I got one of these not long after they were announced, and it is one of my favorite pedals. I call it the alchemy box - it turns everything I put into it to gold. It's a great stacker that makes other pedals sound bigger and richer. It's also a really cool artifact of scientific advancement. NO, it's not cheap, but to me, it's three pedals in one anyway. Just an awesome box of sonic joy.

Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:59 pm

^^^ Solid first post!

I continue to use my Heisenberg anytime I need drive sounds. And like Anacharsis says: stacks so good!

For anyone who hasn't heard: Ryan found someone to manufacture the Molecular Junctions going forward, so there will be more Heisenbergs available soon!

Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:31 am

Eeyyyy!!

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:15 am

Still really want to try one of these

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:04 am

I'd missed some of these comments, but it is the stack master.

On my small board I'm running low gain Elements into the npn channel. It lacks the definition of Elements on high gain, but still has a lot of clarity and at the same time does this massive sludgey sound. Riffs so hard.

Love it.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Still use mine pretty much every time I play. Loooove the Heisenberg.
Post a reply