Hold Function. Volume swell?

Moderator: Ryan

Hold Function. Volume swell?

Postby Somnambulance » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:23 pm

I'm looking for a modulated volume swell type thing, would the Tremolessence or Cosmichorus work for this with the hold and rate set very slow?
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Re: Hold Function. Volume swell?

Postby goroth » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:40 am

Trem yep! If I understand you right. Kayzers video shows how you can play in time with the modulation, but you could also do it with judicious use of the hold. The only caveat is the hold doesn't reset the lfo so it's going to begin at any volume and be either increasing or decreasing.

Hmm. That sounds super cool.

To the pedalboard!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Re: Hold Function. Volume swell?

Postby Somnambulance » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:48 am

goroth wrote:Trem yep! If I understand you right. Kayzers video shows how you can play in time with the modulation, but you could also do it with judicious use of the hold. The only caveat is the hold doesn't reset the lfo so it's going to begin at any volume and be either increasing or decreasing.

Hmm. That sounds super cool.

To the pedalboard!

Ok! I was thinking the Trem would be the way to go for this, and while the Cosmichorus is of course awesome I have so much going on on my board(or will in a few months) that the Tremolessence will be plenty. Let us know your findings!
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Return to Dr. Scientist