"We do whatever we want, to whomever we want, at all times."

Moderator: Ryan

Re: "We do whatever we want, to whomever we want, at all times."

Postby iamthesnow » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:52 pm

Blurillaz wrote:I thought you stopped doing custom finishes :mad:

Ryan wrote:I know we seem pretty ambiguous when it comes to the custom finishing policy but we don't hold repeat/return customers to any rules, they're above the law... starring Steven Seagal... in theaters this summer.

:mad:
iamthesnow

experienced
experienced

Postby Blurillaz » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:07 pm

iamthesnow wrote: :mad:

we
Blurillaz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby iamthesnow » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:10 pm

Blurillaz wrote:

:love: :hug:
iamthesnow

experienced
experienced

Postby Blurillaz » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:24 pm

iamthesnow wrote:
Blurillaz wrote:

:love: :hug:

:animal:
we
Blurillaz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:25 pm

We really are trying to not do custom finishes currently as Tanya just doesn't have the time for them but it's like anything and depends on a variety of circumstances. Choosing colours or characters like the Mooninites doesn't really add any extra time for her, it's no big deal to do those kinds of touches, but some requests.. like the Miroberator, or the Starry Night finish, or the Giving Tree finish, those took her over a whole day each just for one finish and we just can't do things like that anymore as we're upsettingly far behind.

Plus, Tanya's an artist, and sometimes an idea just might pique her fancy for whatever reason, so all the rules are off! And Tanya wishes she could adopt Err and give him a proper home and love and that's also what makes her cry.

PS - Jon, the Murderfacerator! Haha, what an idea! I'd love to have a Killface pedal too, he's probably my biggest role model on Adult Swim. (Cool how there's two awesome cartoon shows with guys that have violent face names, hey!)
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blurillaz » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:30 pm

Ryan wrote:We really are trying to not do custom finishes currently as Tanya just doesn't have the time for them but it's like anything and depends on a variety of circumstances. Choosing colours or characters like the Mooninites doesn't really add any extra time for her, it's no big deal to do those kinds of touches, but some requests.. like the Miroberator, or the Starry Night finish, or the Giving Tree finish, those took her over a whole day each just for one finish and we just can't do things like that anymore as we're upsettingly far behind.

Plus, Tanya's an artist, and sometimes an idea just might pique her fancy for whatever reason, so all the rules are off! And Tanya wishes she could adopt Err and give him a proper home and love and that's also what makes her cry.

PS - Jon, the Murderfacerator! Haha, what an idea! I'd love to have a Killface pedal too, he's probably my biggest role model on Adult Swim. (Cool how there's two awesome cartoon shows with guys that have violent face names, hey!)

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh
that makes sense. If i can save up enough for a Frazz Dazzler, I just may have to ask you guys to put the Bubble Bobble Dragons on it. ;)
we
Blurillaz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gunner Recall » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:19 pm

I like your thinking mr. dr. sir. Killface frazz or wailer :wow what a fantastic idea you have there:
There are some that call me...morningstaru?
Gunner Recall

Postby Ryan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:04 am

Killface Frazz, now you're talking! Ha! Man that guys is cool. :love:

We'd never put a sweet finish like that on a Woofer Wailer... we're actually going to stop making those as soon as we use up the last of our pcbs for them. Tubescreamer clones just aren't up my alley, I only ever made that pedal because I kept getting the impression it was expected of new builders, way before the website was launched, real early days... pretty naive decision and I wish I never would have taken that advice.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blurillaz » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:46 am

Ryan wrote:Killface Frazz, now you're talking! Ha! Man that guys is cool. :love:

We'd never put a sweet finish like that on a Woofer Wailer... we're actually going to stop making those as soon as we use up the last of our pcbs for them. Tubescreamer clones just aren't up my alley, I only ever made that pedal because I kept getting the impression it was expected of new builders, way before the website was launched, real early days... pretty naive decision and I wish I never would have taken that advice.

:eek:
No more Woofer Wwailers? Dang.... I was going to get one after I get my frazz, because my OD right now is a dod one...
we
Blurillaz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby harpies » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:46 am

oh noes, a week from the Dr. Scientist lab to Edmonton. The post can be so cruel. :facepalm:
harpies

experienced
experienced

Postby Gunner Recall » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:48 am

I get what you mean about the wailers, I figured it was a hold over from the early days.
Plus, I love fuzz, so :cool:
There are some that call me...morningstaru?
Gunner Recall

Postby Ryan » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:57 pm

Don't get me wrong, I think the Woofer Wailer is a top notch pedal... very true to the original TS-808, all high end parts, more options for overall gain and tone, jacks are in a cooler spot, all that jazz. I would never have put out something bad or unusable just for the sake of doing it... we build every Woofer Wailer from the heart and they sound great!

I just don't really like the idea of making a clone, for one thing. I know Ibanez probably isn't suffering much because of the 80 or so Woofer Wailers out there in the world, but they still make that pedal... it's their thing and they should do it.

The other main reason is just that I'm not really a TS style overdrive kinda guy.. that's not really my personal preference for a distortion tone and I don't really like spending hours on a pedal that isn't right up my alley.

I think when we were first starting the business I thought it was part of the deal to sacrifice a bit and make something you didn't love because your customers would.. but I just feel differently about that pedal now.. I love our remaining 6 pedals more, they're all original and have a lot more of my time and energy in them.

Sorry for totally derailing your thread here, Jason! And I'm really, really sorry for the delay in your shipping.. it's all my fault! We didn't actually get your pedal to the post until Friday and it ended up sitting at our small town post office all weekend and not moving until Monday. I'm sorry! I know how it feels waiting extra days for shipping and both Tanya and I feel awful for causing that kind of suffering.

PS - Blurillaz, even when we discontinue the Woofer Wailer I'm sure we'll still be up for making one for a special character like yourself. *smile*
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby harpies » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:25 pm

no sweat, I just had been checking the tracking info. and noticed it hadn't moved for days, so I just presumed that the tracking was as bad as the US postal service tracking. Anyway, my fancy pedal from Jamie showed up today to keep me busy! Unfortunately, the dentist gave me a big bill, so I definitely am selling my pitchfactor, but I won't be able to spend the profits on all pedals as I had planned.
harpies

experienced
experienced

Postby harpies » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:55 am

Got it on friday, thanks Ryan and Tonya, it sounds great, and it does look even better in person!

Haven't check out the dubs yet, but I will soon...thanks for including them.
harpies

experienced
experienced

Postby Ryan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Awesome, Jason, thanks for letting us know! We hope you enjoy it!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Dr. Scientist