What patch is your go to Quest?

Moderator: Ryan

Re: What patch is your go to Quest?

Postby skullservant » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:25 am

Yeah, right now I'm in pitch shifter mode most often, clean side. I've got it set to the extremes of the octaves with more of the sub coming through than the highs, but just because my signal is already so bright. The placement of it (post dirt, pre-drive, pre-delay, post-reverb allows me to pretty much do whatever I want with it without having to move it around.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:36 am

That's the right way to quest man!

Love hearing more about how folks are using their BQs - totally inspiring me to pick new quests and use the pedal differently. Hugs all round.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby rustywire » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:08 am

Uncle Grandfather wrote:I've always found multieffects to be wanting sound quality wise compared to dedicated effect pedals....is this the case for the bitquest! too? I notice a lot of praise for the pedal on here and was wondering if that's because tou can get more effects in a smaller footprint/takes up less space or because the effects sound so great...I really like the tremoloessence and cosmichorus so I know the good dr. can create a great sounding pedal.

You know we have a lot of overlapping, or similar gear taste. Dedicated, specialized big box oem shit from the 20th century that do something spectacularly well. Usually simple analog circuits. I will say without hesitation, your immediate reflex will be wanting a 2nd BitQuest shortly after getting the first, as each patch is so damn good you'll want to use more than one at a time. Clean or Dirty mode. I could quickly construct a completely usable, giant-killing pedal board with multiple BitQuests.
2 would be quite capable yet unwieldly to operate on the fly. 4 would be incredible. 8 would be downright godly :whoa:

The best thing about the BQ is its ability to do everything well, without being overambitious and failing to deliver on any individual effect. Unprecedented territory for a digital multifx pedal, especially one with its footprint. This is not a case of "every effect kind of sounding alike with peculiar artifacts or voicing" here. Even in acquiring new fx I may prefer to an individual patch (The '82 EHX PolyFlange usurped my use of the flanger patch once becoming an always-on pedal in my guitar rig) that patch still works great in chains for bass, drum machine, sampler, synth and so on :hobbes:

Anyway, my go-to patches are mostly for metallic timbres that love to stack with a Harmonic Percolator or Fuzzrite.
1-dirty flanger: used with slow or frozen sweeps, just a hair of dirt stacked with other fuzz or dirt cranked on its own.
5-dirty notch filter: The clean side is also great for stacking; either one is my preferred means of BQ distortion over the bitcrush patch3.
6-clean ringmod: used for the ringverb but also tremverb when slowing down the carrier signal.

The infinite verb patches are also legendary, as is using the pitchshifter for octave shiz. Just go ahead and buy 2 right away if your budget du jour allows for it. Trust me I'm on the internet.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ThorZ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:57 am

Im making no excuses for my shorts and bare feet.

Everything else im sorry for but here is a quick video of my DR setup with my fav Bitquest Pitchshift :-)
Im not back. Im just front
ThorZ

committed
committed

Postby Clean Channel » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:22 am

Great use of the pitch shift! That's a killer setup!
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby resincum » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:17 pm

this thread = UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

bitcrush/ringmod with the modulation sweep set slowest possible is AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
nail it in the right spot and I can listen to it forever
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to Dr. Scientist