Science. Physics. Perception. Space.

Moderator: Ryan

Science. Physics. Perception. Space.

Postby Sparrow » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:15 pm

Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Re: Science. Physics. Perception. Space.

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:30 pm

It was fucking Berenstein.
So a ripple or crossover sounds legit.
The only other explanation is that someone has travelled back and fucked with things.
Not likely though as we would remember the incorrect version as though the correct never happened.
Open the dimensional gate, fold time and reclaim our fucking childhoods already.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Sparrow » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:07 am

:idk:
Fender - Squier.

Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:48 am

I gotta be honest, the whole thing seems like a masive troll.
The dude that started the website and coined the "effect" makes no bones about the fact that he discussed it at DragonCon with some other nerds and then does very little to extrapolate on the concept or provide any evidence, likening it to "a real life Sliders".
Sounds like some nerd wants their 15 minutes and their own Giorgio A. Tsoukalos.
Sad part is, all he's had to do is let the internet run its' mouth off.
And it has provided.
Shit descends into reptilian hollow earth territory pretty quickly if you read the threads.

Or, further proof that those of us on the tail end of Gen X have had our memories ruined by television and videogames, sugary beverages and preservatives, hydro, the futures market, background radiation from nuclear testing, radiation from deep space, MKUltra, .....etc. etc.

Edit: without discussing the improbability and logical impossibility of altering a timeline or the very notion that a change at a quantum level can affect a universe it did not occur in.

This would be more interesting if it were posited as a study on social psychology and its effects on memory.

I still maintain it was "Berenstein", but I also think there's a perfectly rational explanation for that, without jumping to, "ZOMG, we somehow jumped universe and nobody noticed until we checked out some cartoon bears!!!".
WWPD?

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:36 am

I played an experiment with my mom last night. When I asked her if it was Berenstein or Betenstain, she said Berenstein. But then we read the article together. We were just talking a few minutes later and she subconsciously said Berenstain.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:10 am

Yeah, never underestimate the power of suggestion.
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:26 am

I feel like I had someone correct me when I was younger, saying it was stain, or I saw it written and, thought stain? wtf?
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blakestree » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:32 pm

Jero wrote:I feel like I had someone correct me when I was younger, saying it was stain, or I saw it written and, thought stain? wtf?

Yes, I specifically remember this, too.
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby t-rey » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:03 pm

skullservant wrote:I played an experiment with my mom last night. When I asked her if it was Berenstein or Betenstain, she said Berenstein. But then we read the article together. We were just talking a few minutes later and she subconsciously said Berenstain.

I did the same with my mother in law without pronouncing the name first. She said Berenstain and even made note that it was an odd name. The only logical explanation is that she's been compromised by these childhood ruining time travelling fucks.

Also, Illuminatti.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Sparrow » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:42 pm

This. actually still bothers me.
i know it seems a little "tin hat" styles. and .. i smoke lots of weed . and i've been into some metaphysical/ Quantum stuffz.
but on a Real Sober note - this is completely Fucked Up!?

i have the same problem as the article explains. i know it as BerenSTEIN. for sure. 100 %
i read these books a lot growing up .. and have very fond memories.

so. let's say it's some kind of Mass Cognitive Memory Lapse thing-a-ma-jig ? so .. my mom/ aunts/ friends all MIS Remember ?
i still have some of my hard covers from the late 1970's . i checked them out. they are spelled with the A . and it's looks so wrong.

so ILF. wtf? really.

this image is supposedly photoshopped .. but that's WHAT it should be :snax:
Fender - Squier.

Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Clean Channel » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:45 pm

I totally remember it being 'stein' as well.

Just asked my wife (she hasn't heard about any of this), by showing her a pic of the bears with no name on the screen. I didn't want to subconsciously suggest one over the other.

She said: "That's the Berenstein Bears, why?".
I said: "Ok, this is gonna sound weird, but can you say their name again, slowly".
She said (slowly): "They're the Berenstein Bears".

Then I told her about this whole thing.

Her response, about halfway through was: "Stop, this is all freaking me out, I don't want to hear any of this".
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby waltdogg » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:12 pm

Anyone notice that New Zealand's location has changed on maps as well. Tell me as a kid you weren't 100% sure that NZ was north east of Australia? Well check a map, it's to the south east.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:19 pm

Seriously though, isn't it just because 'stein' would sound more normal than 'stain' in English, so you all just made the mistake going for the more logical e? Human minds all work in basically the same way, so it shouldn't be surprising that we all do the same mistakes.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Clean Channel » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:20 pm

Eivind August wrote:Seriously though, isn't it just because 'stein' would sound more normal than 'stain' in English, so you all just made the mistake going for the more logical e? Human minds all work in basically the same way, so it shouldn't be surprising that we all do the same mistakes.

Stop making sense please.
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:24 pm

Clean Channel wrote:
Eivind August wrote:Seriously though, isn't it just because 'stein' would sound more normal than 'stain' in English, so you all just made the mistake going for the more logical e? Human minds all work in basically the same way, so it shouldn't be surprising that we all do the same mistakes.

Stop making sense please.

Sorry, these bear guys obviously killed Nelson Mandela in the eighties. Also, imagine a universe where the only thing which exists is Mandelas hand. Is it his left or right hand? :eek:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Next

Return to Dr. Scientist