Guys, we gotta talk about the blem and birthday discounts...

Moderator: Ryan

Guys, we gotta talk about the blem and birthday discounts...

Postby Ryan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:00 pm

Don't Panic! These aren't going away forever.. but they gotta go away for awhile and I'm really sorry about it, I hate to do it!

My problem is I'm getting farther and farther behind with orders. Years ago I stopped doing direct orders because it wasn't a great way for me to work, it's very slow compared to just working on store orders, I find that's a lot more productive for me and my building/working style. I've always liked having a special deal available for my ILF pals but this year I've become too far behind with these things and it's disappointing people, frustrating people, and it's backing me up and keeping me from getting caught up with all my retailers who are getting frustrated with my slowness. Too much frustration and disappointment, I'm sorry.

So I'm afraid I have to pause those discounts for the summer/fall at least! *apologies* I need to get caught up and get the Heisenberg ready so I need to streamline my work a bit. I love the blems and birthday discounts but all of the communicating and details and shipping etc, it's really slow.

I'm sorry for the disappointing news but it's just temporary! I'll get caught up a bit and get the H out, things will settle, I'll feel less stressed, and I'll re-open the discounts!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Guys, we gotta talk about the blem and birthday discount

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:59 pm

They're gonna start calling you "Dr. Slowentist" :|:

Totally understandable though. :hug:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Ryan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:08 pm

I think lots will just go with "Dr. Asshole"... they aren't as good at wordplay as you! *smile*
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:12 pm

Also, meant to say this before, this decision has been months in the making and doesn't come down to any one person or anything like that, it's a big overall thing. Don't think that because you just emailed me for a blem or a bday pedal that you were the straw that broke the camel's back or anything crazy like that, that's not the case! This is a big picture thing, not an individual thing, so don't feel like 'you' made this go away, it's totally not true, 'you' rule and I'm the one who is not doing it well enough.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:16 pm

Ryan, you can blame it on me and Ogopogo. :mope:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Clean Channel » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:31 pm

Totally fair and understandable!

Good luck getting thing back into rhythm!
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ryan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:35 pm

I blame Ogopogo for the exchange rate, the lack of McDonalds here, and for cancelling Aqua Teen.. he could probably take the blame for this too, good thinking buddy!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:36 pm

Thanks Tim!

Cool new avatar pic! You too, Jason, you guys look different now!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:46 pm

Ryan wrote:I blame Ogopogo for the exchange rate, the lack of McDonalds here, and for cancelling Aqua Teen.. he could probably take the blame for this too, good thinking buddy!

:lol:

:thumb:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Clean Channel » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Thanks Ryan! The avatar is me geeking out to a PC game I used to play back in the 90s called Star Control 2. It had all kinds of alien races, and that little fella is a Yehat .

Here's a little wikipedia quote for those who'd like to geek out with me:

The Yehat are fearsome and honorable pterodactyl-like creatures who were allied with the Alliance of Free Stars in Star Control. For some reason they speak with a notable Scottish accent when their language is translated to English. The Yehat are ruled over by a Queen, who rules over the various Yehat clans. Historically, this has been one from the Veep-Neep Clan. The Yehat are very close allies with the Shofixti.

In Star Control I the Yehat are the backbone of the Alliance Starfleet, due to their advanced weapons technology and their intensely martial society.[12] The rule of the Veep-Neep Queen is based on the Yehat never being defeated under a Veep-Neep, so to save face, the Queen orders them to defect to the Ur-Quan side late in the war. This is a source of great shame to many Yehat, compounded when their friends the Shofixti chose to annihilate their species in a blaze of glory rather than surrender.

As such, at the beginning of Star Control II, the Yehat are Ur-Quan battle thralls, and while sympathetic to the human Captain they will not give any aid. Once the Captain brings them evidence that their adopted children, the Shofixti, are still alive, it triggers a civil war among the Yehat. Eventually the rebels win and the Veep-Neep Queen is deposed and the Yehat join the New Alliance.
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sylnau » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:51 pm

No problem Ry. :thumb:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:53 pm

Nice, I'll check that game out tonight! Most of my background entertainment while I work is video game stuff on YouTube, like news, documentaries, play-throughs with commentary.. I love all that stuff!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fishtankdork » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:10 pm

Ryan. You have always been amazing, I think this community understands, you've helped me out so much with our email chats about your gear, you sir are the man! Quick unrelated question so I don't have to pm you, do you know where there is any bit quests in stock anywhere? I'm dieing for one haha
-----------So LoNg AnD tHaNkS fOr AlL tHe FiSh----------
fishtankdork

experienced
experienced

Postby Ryan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:25 pm

sylnau wrote:No problem Ry. :thumb:

Hey Syl, hope you're having a nice summer!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:29 pm

fishtankdork wrote:Ryan. You have always been amazing, I think this community understands, you've helped me out so much with our email chats about your gear, you sir are the man! Quick unrelated question so I don't have to pm you, do you know where there is any bit quests in stock anywhere? I'm dieing for one haha

Hey Christian! Thanks a million buddy, very much appreciated!

Good idea too, I should update the forum with the stores that have recently received stock. This week BitQuests will be landing at Rogue Guitar Shop, Coast Sonic, and ProGuitar Shop, all in the USA. I'm currently working on some this week for Leprechaun FX and Noise Supply, both in Canada. EU will be August, I'll do Joe's Pedals in England and Effekt Boutique in Germany.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to Dr. Scientist