Dr. Scientist and his wonderful pedals

Moderator: Ryan

Dr. Scientist and his wonderful pedals

Postby Jwar » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:45 pm

So I know there's threads here about the love, but I want to share more. So I love Ryan. Seriously. One of the coolest dudes on the planet and am humbled to have worked with him as many times as I have. That's beside the point though.

Let's talk pedals. I was just sitting here playing my ILFDD and I just can't imagine myself every not having it. I love this pedal beyond believe and am amazed every time I turn it on. The same goes with my Bitquest and my Dual Elements (wink Ryan lol). But I have made the mistake of getting rid of a few of his gems as well.

I had a Frazz and flipped it very early on in my fuzz quest, I need to remedy that.

I flipped two version of the Cosmi and regret it all the time.

I'm thinking an all Dr. Scientist board is in order. I mean seriously. You make everything I need. Everything I want. Once you put out a phaser, and a dedicated cough flanger cough. I'll be set.

SOOOOOOOOO good.

Just wanted to share some love. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Re: Dr. Scientist and his wonderful pedals

Postby Clean Channel » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:22 pm

More crazy Ryan and his pedals love from me too!

My board is practically all Dr.S, and ever since it got to be that way, all of my buying/changing pedals totally slowed down. Everything Ryan makes is just so good and so right all the time!
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Raintes » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:48 am

At one point, I had 3 rrr so I had to sell one off. I felt like an a**hole selling one of the three. I mean, I still had two. And when I got around to selling a second rrr... I just wanted to kill myself. I felt like I betrayed Ryan somehow. Then I thought to myself, "How the hell did I even end up with 3 mini rrrs?!" :facepalm:
Buy / Sell / Trade peeps - (HC): Zemmy, Jules-RM, TheMercyRule, Samuelch, atrox, unicornwarrior, jacobhf, KingdomGuitar, ispunk, hey_day, Offthiscentury, sublimeride / (ILF): RYAN (Dr. Scientist), bronzetalon (x2), Horatio, oldskool, bettsdn, bobcunningham, Hot Sleeper, bob the r0bot, Chaosmic, Grrface (TGP) weshunter, digdown2001, JPetty, Nelsdvn, barney steele, ylaux, JohnK24, Tone Meister, ddhabird, Braciola, ylaux, barney steele
Raintes

committed
committed

Postby fishtankdork » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:49 am

Ryan is a gentleman and a scholar! Hands down the best emails/messages i have ever gotten from musical gear companies were from ryan. his customer service is insanely amazing. and so are the pedals! i cant imagine a world without my sdd stereo and ilfdd. and the rest of the line up is stellar. pretty much the only company i would even consider rocking a brand only board because its the only company i would be able to pull it off with. DR.SCIENTIST, WE SALUTE YOU
-----------So LoNg AnD tHaNkS fOr AlL tHe FiSh----------
fishtankdork

experienced
experienced

Postby Tristan » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:30 am

I couldn't agree more, Ryan is a supergood dude, his customer service is off the charts and his pedals are incredibly awesome, way above most other boutique stuff.
Besides he's the only one who has awesome drive/fuzz, delay and modulation in his line so Dr. Scientist is the only company I know I could run a brand only board with.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:21 am

Yes yes, you are all correct! I remember what turned me on to dr scientist: my never ending dirt quest. I tried a bunch of pedals over the years and the closest I got to being happy was an Emma Pisdiyauwot with an MXR 6 band eq before it (cutting bass and boosting mids) and a 6band eq after the pisdi putting the final touches on. I tried the elements, sold the eqs and haven't gassed for a distortion pedal since. I did buy a second elements though haha. Then a cosmi. And then...
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby goosekevin » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:37 am

I haven't played any of his pedals yet (excitedly awaiting my bitquest in the mail) but if the pedal is even 1/10th as good as the customer service and general good vibes that Ryan brings I'm gonna need to buy a lot more pedals from him
Such a sweet dude making rad shit
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goosekevin » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:38 am

Also I've never talked to Tanya but I assume she's rad too! Designs beautiful artwork
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Sparrow » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:56 am

if you take away the fact .. that Ryan IS Dr. Scientist.
i'm pretty sure. he'd be hanging on this forum anyway :joy:

super nice/ fun to chat with.
likes cool shit!
makes cool shit!

i've got a few of his pedals :!!!: ha.

:hello: thanks! Ryan and Tanya.

i really enjoy - the little details .. like the signature on the inside of the pedals .. they say .. they're to ME :bear:
Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby echoraven » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:35 pm

Owning one is on my bucket list. Just saw the video on the Heisenberg nanodrive and it is woody inducing.
echoraven

committed
committed

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Yes! My RRR is never going away, the algorithms on that thing are magic. I am on a slow (bit)quest to get more Dr Scientist pedals.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby rustywire » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:52 pm

I currently have an Elements, BitQuest, ILFDD, RRR. Previous owner of a CCv3 and Tremolessence v3.
Fan of them all and the easygoing people who make such tight sounding & sharp looking tools/toys/art supplies.
They always seem to steal the thunder from any other looker-pedals within proximity.

First dealing with Ryan was trading a Malekko E600B for the CCv3.
Months later had to trade the CCv3 to get the ILFDD. Sold the Trem this past autumn to get another DMM.
2nd trade w/Ryan was a Spaceman WOW Signal for the BQ & Elements.
The RRR came in a trade with my Frostwave Resonator for a TR-707 and og Pad 8.

I will eventually replace the Trem and CC, and collect'm all (WW, Cleanness, SDD, big box RRR)
Cant wait until the next trade...and ILF run! :snax:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 11A » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:55 am

He's the nicest guy and the only builder that gives me the "gotta catch 'em all" feeling. 10/10
11A

involved
involved

Postby 11A » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:55 am

He's the nicest guy and the only builder that gives me the "gotta catch 'em all" feeling. 10/10
11A

involved
involved

Postby terminalvertigo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:33 pm

jwar wrote:So I know there's threads here about the love, but I want to share more. So I love Ryan. Seriously. One of the coolest dudes on the planet and am humbled to have worked with him as many times as I have. That's beside the point though.

Let's talk pedals. I was just sitting here playing my ILFDD and I just can't imagine myself every not having it. I love this pedal beyond believe and am amazed every time I turn it on. The same goes with my Bitquest and my Dual Elements (wink Ryan lol). But I have made the mistake of getting rid of a few of his gems as well.

I had a Frazz and flipped it very early on in my fuzz quest, I need to remedy that.

I flipped two version of the Cosmi and regret it all the time.

I'm thinking an all Dr. Scientist board is in order. I mean seriously. You make everything I need. Everything I want. Once you put out a phaser, and a dedicated cough flanger cough. I'll be set.

SOOOOOOOOO good.

Just wanted to share some love. :)

terminalvertigo

committed
committed

Next

Return to Dr. Scientist