What's your fav verision of the sdd?!

Moderator: Ryan

What's your fav verision of the sdd?!

Postby fishtankdork » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:07 pm

I have three diff versions, an early stereo 4 knob sdd, a 5 knob v2 sdd, and the ilfdd. Surprisingly they all sound super duper different and awesome to me!!! I love my stereo verision the best. I love it on eveything, vocals, synths, drums, and yes guitars! The ilfdd is a close one though because of the extra foot switchable features of awesomeness. Those swells on the feedback foot switch are tasty!!! I just like the warmth of the v1 a little more. What's everyone else's take on my favorite delay ever? Is there a verision you love and prefer?
-----------So LoNg AnD tHaNkS fOr AlL tHe FiSh----------
fishtankdork

experienced
experienced

Re: What's your fav verision of the sdd?!

Postby Clean Channel » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:05 pm

Having owned all three as well, my fav is the ILFDD. That said, they were all awesome sounding.

I've been through all kinds of awesome delays, but nowadays my two main delays are both Dr. Scientist: ILFDD and BitQuest.
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Sparrow » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:26 pm

the ILFDD i snagged when i first joined the forum ..
is ..
either my Fav pedal. or. it's at least a contender :)
it has soo many things going for it.
Looks. Sound. Taste!
it's a Ry Ry Sci Guy Pedal with ILF ACIDSPLASH JWARNESS - EXCANESS :!!!:
sometimes ,, i just stare at it :erm:

i'm ALWAYS looking for that .. special old SDD design i can call mah own :love:
Last edited by Sparrow on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ryan » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:13 pm

fishtankdork wrote:I have three diff versions, an early stereo 4 knob sdd, a 5 knob v2 sdd, and the ilfdd. Surprisingly they all sound super duper different and awesome to me!!! I love my stereo verision the best. I love it on eveything, vocals, synths, drums, and yes guitars! The ilfdd is a close one though because of the extra foot switchable features of awesomeness. Those swells on the feedback foot switch are tasty!!! I just like the warmth of the v1 a little more. What's everyone else's take on my favorite delay ever? Is there a verision you love and prefer?

That's awesome, Christian, thank you very much! I love that you like the oldest one the best, it's got so much....... character.... *big smile* When I first started shipping those in 2006, I bet I had to return payment on half of the first 50 or so that I shipped, the people just found them too noisy and lofi. I'm glad you got one and like it, makes me feel better for almost 10 years ago!

I'd say my fave version is the ILFDD, I like the companded circuit the most as it doesn't have all the idle clock noise but it goes to 1 second which is super lofi, my favourite sounds.

Clean Channel wrote:Having owned all three as well, my fav is the ILFDD. That said, they were all awesome sounding.

I've been through all kinds of awesome delays, but nowadays my two main delays are both Dr. Scientist: ILFDD and BitQuest.

Thanks Tim!

Sparrow wrote:the ILFDD i snagged when i first joined the forum ..
is ..
either my Fav pedal. or. it's at least a contender :)
it has soo many things going for it.
Looks. Sound. Taste!
it's a Ry Ry Sci Guy Pedal with ILF ACIDSPLASH JWARNESS :!!!:
sometimes ,, i just stare at it :erm:

i'm ALWAYS looking for that .. special old SDD design i can call mah own :love:

Thanks Josh! I love the Acidsplashness too!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Dr. Scientist