Anyone using BitQuest for bass guitar?

Moderator: Ryan

Anyone using BitQuest for bass guitar?

Postby Pop » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:39 am

I have a very small bass board with a tuner > the Elements > Tremolessence > Ditto > Sansamp. I was thinking about replacing the Trem with a BitQuest, mostly for weird loop stuff between songs when my jackass guitar player is tuning BUT SERIOUSLY he's a great guy. But also for a few special things in-song if I want... octaves and ring mod and stuff.

How's the BitQuest fare on BASS GIT?

Thanks!
Pop

committed
committed

Re: Anyone using BitQuest for bass guitar?

Postby Pop » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Oh yeah I'm not concerned about the tremolo qualities... I don't even really use it that much, it's just kinda there... which is why I wanted to maybe step up to the BitQuest and wondered about its bass qualities.

Thanks.
Pop

committed
committed

Postby neonblack » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:03 pm

Sounded good to me. I just never felt like I was using it to the fullest. But it retained lows and all that.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Timm Grimm » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:05 am

Does fine for me.

Now how do you like your Elements for bass?
Timm Grimm

experienced
experienced

Postby Pop » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:51 am

Ah, cool. What settings and sounds do you use the most? Do you keep the tone knob fairly lo?

The Elements is wonderful for bass. It's something I knew would work really well for me, and it does. The mix knob is really key... blends it just right. I use it on high gain exclusively; my amp is already set for some slight overdrive and so is the Sansamp. It's got a lot of low end to it, and you can totally pump it up with the knobs and switches.
Pop

committed
committed

Postby Ryan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:03 pm

Pop wrote:I have a very small bass board with a tuner > the Elements > Tremolessence > Ditto > Sansamp. I was thinking about replacing the Trem with a BitQuest, mostly for weird loop stuff between songs when my jackass guitar player is tuning BUT SERIOUSLY he's a great guy. But also for a few special things in-song if I want... octaves and ring mod and stuff.

How's the BitQuest fare on BASS GIT?

Thanks!

Sorry I'm so slow to reply here and thanks for checking in! I don't cut any bass through the BQ, I want it be full frequency range so you'll hear the full sounds of the filters, the sample rate reduction, and the pitch shifters.

Probably got a birthday coming up too, right? *smile*

Timm Grimm wrote:Does fine for me.

Now how do you like your Elements for bass?

What a cool board and what a cool band!

Pop wrote:Ah, cool. What settings and sounds do you use the most? Do you keep the tone knob fairly lo?

The Elements is wonderful for bass. It's something I knew would work really well for me, and it does. The mix knob is really key... blends it just right. I use it on high gain exclusively; my amp is already set for some slight overdrive and so is the Sansamp. It's got a lot of low end to it, and you can totally pump it up with the knobs and switches.

The BQ has the same input and output buffers as the Elements, same setup. Awesome to hear you're digging it, thank you very much!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Feral Feline » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:52 pm

That's a killer Tri-Fecta you've got there, Grimm.

BQ would look so good next to my Snowy Elements... Good to know it is so compatible with bass. Thanks for sharing that buffer info Ryan.

Back to lurking...
Cheers,
FF
BASS BASS
Feral Feline

interested
interested

Postby Pop » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:06 pm

Got a BBQ from another guy on the board... I love it! Admittedly, welp, I haven't tried it on bass yet. But I sat for three hours messing around with it with my Jazzmaster and Ditto x2. Wow was it fun. Some of the effects are a little over my head, but I'm working on it. The reverb, ring mod, bit crush, and delay are especially cool.

Will let you know when I get it on my bass board. Thanks!
Pop

committed
committed

Postby Ryan » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:34 pm

Feral Feline wrote:That's a killer Tri-Fecta you've got there, Grimm.

BQ would look so good next to my Snowy Elements... Good to know it is so compatible with bass. Thanks for sharing that buffer info Ryan.

Back to lurking...
Cheers,
FF

Neil! I haven't forgotten about your pedals buddy, I just haven't had Trems for so long.. soon as I get 'em I'll be emailing!

Pop wrote:Got a BBQ from another guy on the board... I love it! Admittedly, welp, I haven't tried it on bass yet. But I sat for three hours messing around with it with my Jazzmaster and Ditto x2. Wow was it fun. Some of the effects are a little over my head, but I'm working on it. The reverb, ring mod, bit crush, and delay are especially cool.

Will let you know when I get it on my bass board. Thanks!

Right on, hope you're still enjoying it!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BoatRich » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:33 pm

Will the filter section of the BQ do sweeps and such with an expression pedal? I'm not entirely sure where to ask this, but I really want it as a utility pedal on my bass and noise boards and I really need an LPF, which the BQ has.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Tristan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:55 pm

Yes, it sure will! :)
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ryan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:20 pm

Thanks for asking, BR, and thanks for answering, Tristan!

LPF with expression is one of my favourite things about the BQ.. that patch is a lot of fun in fuzz mode too.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eric! » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:14 pm

Imma get one and do filter sweeps with mah Hot Hand!
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Feral Feline » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:45 pm

:snax: Hmm, that sounds like a tasty idea. Never truly had a use for a Hot Hand, but to have it control a BItQuest...

[@ Ryan, I'm still in pedal purgatory at the moment, so just keep my stuff on ice ;) ]

Cheers,
FF
BASS BASS
Feral Feline

interested
interested

Postby Bartimaeus » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:57 pm

I'm playing bass in a new band and using the BitQuest for a good helping of distortion plus octave down harmony! Sounds killer!
Bartimaeus

experienced
experienced

Next

Return to Dr. Scientist