TZF acheived with Cosmi and Electric Mistres

Moderator: Ryan

TZF acheived with Cosmi and Electric Mistres

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:40 pm

Someone over at madbean had the smart idea to put a Boss BF-2 in the send and return sockets (normally jumpered) on a madbean electric mistress clone and claimed it sounded like TZF
I decided to replicate his findings with the Cosmichorus, allowing for its extended clock range and fully wet mix control (one has to cut the dry through on over flangers such as the BF-2 to get a full wet mix).

Suffice to say the results are excellent
I might try to build a proper TZF pedal from scratch, working up a BBD daughter board.

It sounds really excellent. tell me what you think?

Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Re: TZF acheived with Cosmi and Electric Mistres

Postby Ryan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:34 am

Cool video, Ian, nice one! And that accent... charmed, I'm sure! *big smile*

It's embarrassing to say but I don't really get the big deal with TZF.. I understand how it works with the 2 delayed signals but I never really hear the big exciting orgasmic point of it. Like in your video, at what time is the TZF sound?

To me, and I know I'm wrong and gonna catch heat for saying this, but TZF doesn't sound much different than when a normal flanger hits the top of its waveform and reverses.. except the two delayed signals end up sounding thinner.. I'm just totally not getting it, am I?

Hope you had a nice holiday buddy and you really killed it for ILFSS, big kudos.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Whaha, I'm with Ryan, don't really get it either, it just seems to me that the sound cuts out at it's height or something. :lol:
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Dude that was awesome! Never knew you had a shredder hidden in you haha!

Normally I don't like tzf but that sounded really rad!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:01 pm

Ryan wrote:
TZF doesn't sound much different than when a normal flanger hits the top of its waveform and reverses..

Hope you had a nice holiday buddy and you really killed it for ILFSS, big kudos.

I think it sounds markedly different and really cool. Normal flangers sound kinda boring to me now.

cheers for the props on the SS pedal
next years will be cooler ;)
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby Ryan » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:32 pm

I think your video sounds awesome, buddy, and there's a big difference for sure!

I guess my problem is I don't understand if the reason people like TZF is for the overall sound difference at all times due to flanging the flange, or if it's a certain moment in time where one says, ah right there, that's the beauty of TZF.. I feel dumb because I don't quite get it! I just like when flangers go up and down haha, I'm simple.. I like the barberpole ones too where they just keep on going up or down.

And congrats on the house in the country Ian, that sounds like the good life right there!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Dr. Scientist