SuperNova Delay?

Moderator: Ryan

SuperNova Delay?

Postby mikeyx13 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:21 pm

Thought I'd start a rumor thread for a pedal that doesn't exist, the update to the Sunny Day Delay. When will it be released? How long will the delay time be? Cool modulation to the delays? Can't wait! Ryan, any comments? ;)
mikeyx13

committed
committed

Re: SuperNova Delay?

Postby Eivind August » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:21 pm

Isn't it called Night Delay, with pitch shifting reverse delay and a stomp that makes Miku repeat your lines? :(
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Ryan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Haha I know and agree, I gotta get a delay pedal back in my line! *smile* I was thinking a delay would be next project and after I get the NRC/NINT molecular junction pedal into production I think that'll be the case, I'll get to focus on a delay. So you know, should have it in production by summer 2016. *ducks*

I'm still thinking Spin chip delay with 8 patches, 2+ seconds of delay time, quality control, tone control, mono, trails...
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mikeyx13 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:27 am

Sounds like 2015 is going to be a good year! Can't wait for the Heisenberg, time to start saving some money :)
mikeyx13

committed
committed

Postby Ryan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:13 pm

Thanks Michael! I'm working on the Heisenberg over the holidays, got the pcb half finished already!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:45 am

Ryan wrote: So you know, should have it in production by summer 2016. *ducks*

Baring any unforeseen ... delays...

:animal:

Love to hear what you can do with a "quality" control on a delay. I've found three sorts of quality loss that I love
1. The crappy AD/DA in the boss dd-3. It takes the edge off the clean delay and makes it sit really well in a mix.
2. A pt-2399 beyond 600ms. I like the white noise and band width reduction as it gets pushed too hard.
3. Analogue delays. I like the way the repeats distort and lose the initial tonality and just have a lot of attack.

Sorry - just started thinking about delays... Mmmmmm
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Sparrow » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:32 pm

Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Prodigy712 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:47 pm

Don't like this girl already...
Prodigy712

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Ryan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:11 pm

goroth wrote:
Ryan wrote: So you know, should have it in production by summer 2016. *ducks*

Baring any unforeseen ... delays...

:animal:

Love to hear what you can do with a "quality" control on a delay. I've found three sorts of quality loss that I love
1. The crappy AD/DA in the boss dd-3. It takes the edge off the clean delay and makes it sit really well in a mix.
2. A pt-2399 beyond 600ms. I like the white noise and band width reduction as it gets pushed too hard.
3. Analogue delays. I like the way the repeats distort and lose the initial tonality and just have a lot of attack.

Sorry - just started thinking about delays... Mmmmmm

My plan with the quality setting is to futz with the Spin chip's sample rate. It uses a crystal oscillator to set the system sample rate.. in the BitQuest I use a 32k crystal and I think that gives you up to 15kHz response, plenty for a guitar pedal. What I'll do is swap in my own variable square wave that can go down to the system min, hopefully very low quality. As you lower the system sample rate you lower the maximum frequency the system can reproduce but it should sound better than just a tone control, more crappy sounding not just darker.

I love the sound of PT2399s at 1 second, a 100k delay time pot. So grungy and sputtery, it's awesome. It hurt me back in 2005/2006 when I'd send out a SDD and the recipient would insist it was broken or not working as intended or couldn't have been how it was supposed to be.. and it was! *ha*
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Clean Channel » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:30 pm

Ryan wrote:I love the sound of PT2399s at 1 second, a 100k delay time pot. So grungy and sputtery, it's awesome. It hurt me back in 2005/2006 when I'd send out a SDD and the recipient would insist it was broken or not working as intended or couldn't have been how it was supposed to be.. and it was! *ha*

Agreed, I love that sounds too. One of the reasons the ILFDD has been locked down on my board ever since I got it.

In fact, I've dumped all my other delays. The ILFDD plus the delay in the the BitQuest covers everything I could ever want in delay.

I'm an all Dr. Scientist delay man now!
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ryan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:20 pm

vidret wrote:I'd be pretty happy with the sample rate from the bitquests bitcrush mode on the repeats of a delay. sweet. would the spin chip allow coding that into the bitquest delay - i guess you'd have to give up the modulations then? just curious, the spin chip seems limited in a way but makes so much possible, from what I understand.

could you have a regular spin chip delay with time/repeats/*any kind of modulation - and then have the actual time knob LFO'd from an outside source creating depth/lfo rate?

I think that would be a cool patch too! You don't get a lot of lines of code though with the Spin and the sample rate reduction takes a lot.. my goal I guess would be that each patch would have one cool effect on the repeats.

I'll experiment with modulating the Spin's sample rate with an external LFO, you can do that. I guess you could modulate a control pot too, they just want to see a voltage between 0V and 3.3V.. so many little experiments to try hey! You keep thinking 'em up, vid, and I'll plug 'em into a bread board! *smile*

I'll also experiment with having one Spin be the delay master and a second Spin being the effects master.

I don't really know how this delay pedal will go... gonna be fun finding out though!

Clean Channel wrote:Agreed, I love that sounds too. One of the reasons the ILFDD has been locked down on my board ever since I got it.

In fact, I've dumped all my other delays. The ILFDD plus the delay in the the BitQuest covers everything I could ever want in delay.

I'm an all Dr. Scientist delay man now!

Tis an honour, thanks Tim! I'm glad I found you guys that also appreciate 1 second PT2399 noise, I think we're a rare breed! *big smile*
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Dr. Scientist