To my friends Ryan and Tanya

Moderator: Ryan

To my friends Ryan and Tanya

Postby Sam » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:58 pm

Hello Dr Scientist Friends and Family,

You don't hear from me much, My name is Sam. I have been around with Dr Scientist since the very beginning. It was a very different time back them Ryan would make everything in his sink in his apartment. We would talk about dominance of the universe with his guitar tones. We would eat pizza. Talk about much school was a total drag.

I was also there when Ryan and Tanya first met at the Nest on the Nait Campus. She was the mean waitress and we were the jerk customers. But out of this, Ryan and Tanya found love.

I was there for their first meeting, I was there for their wedding. They are 2 of my best friends. Busy lives have made it so we don't see each other as often and now they are moving away to the promised land. The place where senior Albertans go to retire, the interior of BC.

I will miss them immensely and I figured this was the best way to let them know that I love them and I want a place to crash when the harsh Edmonton winters get to be too much.

Here is a photo of us in 2009 at their wedding in Kelowna (near where they are going to be living). I wish them the best of luck and know that Dr Scientist Sounds will continue to make me proud to be involved.

Love you guys.

-- Sam
Sam

interested
interested

Re: To my friends Ryan and Tanya

Postby ajbergren » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:30 pm

^^^What Vinyard is that? Looks like Quail's Gate (one of my favourites!)?

I also wish them well!!!
Important Disclaimer!!
*****Any Views or Opinions Expressed are my own personal views, and DO NOT necessarily reflect those of NRC.*****
ajbergren

interested
interested

Postby Sparrow » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Sam wrote:.. we were the jerk customers

:lol:
Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby AxAxSxS » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:25 pm

This was a great post. You should stick around Sam.
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:25 am

AxAxSxS wrote:This was a great post. You should stick around Sam.

:thumb:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: @Sam.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Ryan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:44 pm

Awww isn't that just the nicest post ever, what a guy! Sam's totally not a softie like that normally! What a buddy! We hung out daily 10 years ago while were in EET school, now we only get to google chat.

That pic up there was from September 2009.. Tanya and I got married on Vancouver Island, just the two of us, we stole that moment for ourselves, and then we came back to the mainland and our family had a little lunch get-together at an orchard by the lake. Sam surprised us by flying down for it and it was a really cool fun time. What a guy!

ajbergren wrote:^^^What Vinyard is that? Looks like Quail's Gate (one of my favourites!)?

I also wish them well!!!

Man you're good at identifying Kelowna vineyards, that is Quail's Gate! We had a really nice lunch there with their wines and then a tour of the facility, awesome place and awesome restaurant and awesome lake view.. nice place!

Sparrow wrote:
Sam wrote:.. we were the jerk customers

:lol:

Haha you can imagine what a pain in the ass a table full of aspiring electronics engineers would be hey!

goroth wrote:
AxAxSxS wrote:This was a great post. You should stick around Sam.

:thumb:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: @Sam.

Yeah, what do you have like 1 post in 4 years.. stick around! *smile*

Sam's super busy, I'm totally surprised to even see him here! He's the top IT guy at Ledcor in Edmonton.. right now he's probably saving a room full of mainframes from being hacked by multi-industry super villains on the moon. That's a normal Wednesday for him.

Thank you for that loverly post Sam and we love you too! You're gonna holiday with us in the Okanagan and you'll love the pizza and you'll probably meet an Okanagan Summer Girl and live there forever.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:42 pm

Sam definitely started a sweet thread here and I'd be disappointed if a Dr. Scientist pedal named "The Nest" didn't come out of it.

(I have no idea what such a pedal would sound like, but I think that gift of a name shouldn't be wasted.)
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby figure.effects » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:48 am

Bravo indeed. Well done guys ...
figure.effects

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Ryan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:46 am

Thanks Lee! Welcome to ILF buddy, nice to see you here!

The move was tough and it was long and I didn't ship any pedals for 5 weeks and have a huge backlog now... but it's great here, we're really liking it. Small town life is agreeing with us and there's 3 independent pizza joints here that are all awesome. Life is good! *smile*
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:50 am

Chankgeez wrote:... I'd be disappointed if a Dr. Scientist pedal named "The Nest" didn't come out of it.

Also, 3 pizzerias for a small town is awesome.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Ryan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:57 am

Right, The Nest! Sounds ominous... I like it!

I'll build it like an old Schumann too...
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:59 am

:lol: :D :thumb:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:00 am

:rofl:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:02 am

Also, Ryan, I have to add, I think you're incapable of wiring something that messy. :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:04 am

Geez I feel like I haven't hung out with you guys for awhile! How yous doing? What's new, Jason? How're those babies doing, Matt?
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to Dr. Scientist