The Clarkes are moving to BC!

Moderator: Ryan

The Clarkes are moving to BC!

Postby Ryan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:11 am

This has been something that Tanya and my mom and I have been thinking about for years, moving to southern BC. Mom moved down this summer and we've been planning our move all year but it's been a slow process. We finally got ourselves a place to live in Summerland, we've got our house here for sale, and we're moving in the next week or so!

So I have to now pack up my shop and we have to get the basement here restored and ready to sell. I won't be able to do any building or pedal work for maybe 2-3 weeks, we've got a week or more of work to do here then it'll take us a week to get re-setup I bet.

We have a next-year plan to build a house in the Okanagan so in the short-term we're going to be living lean and renting a small house.. attached to a transmission shop! Check it out, it's kinda weird haha but the price is great and the whole area is empty after 4pm every day and weekends... see the little house on the left side of the shop, that's us for the winter:

That's Giant's Head mountain behind it... probably full of dungeons to crawl... plus there's a flippin lake monster really close too. (look up Ogopogo.. we're either gonna be best friends or arch rivals, it's up to him)

Apologies in advance for being slow on communications and not being around here as much for the next little while!

It's been awesome living in the Edmonton area for the last ~10 years, love the prairies, but we're excited for this new adventure.. I'll keep you guys posted!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: The Clarkes are moving to BC!

Postby pewtershmit » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:31 am

I log in to see what's going on with you and find out your coming out my way! That beer might just happen sooner than we thought, Ryan. I'm in penticton twice a year at least!
pewtershmit

interested
interested

Postby colin » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:02 am

Awesome, now I know exactly where you live so I can just show up at your door next time I'm in Summerland (not that I've ever actually been to Summerland).

Seriously though, this must be a pretty hectic and stressful move for you. My wife and I just bought our first house (Langley, BC), and holy crap has has house buying been the single most terrifyingly adult thing I've ever done!
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:24 am

Next pedal: Housing Quest.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby skullservant » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:49 am

Good luck and be safe with the move Ryan!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby the.bjorndahl » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:01 am

Awesome news!
My family moved out to Kaleden (just outside of Penticton to the South) from Calgary last year and its been a joy to get out of the city and into the Okanagan a couple times this year. Really really different feel than Alberta, everything seems to be very laid back out there.
Good luck with your move! I hope your Edmonton home moves quickly once its up for sale.
the.bjorndahl

interested
interested

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:42 am

Yes!

Ogopogo Lives!
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Sparrow » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:56 am

goroth wrote:Next pedal: Housing Quest.
:lol:

i Know we all wish You, and Tanya the Best with the Move!! :group:
are you going to put a Dr. Scientist Sounds Sign beside the Summerland Sign? :idea:

that mountain is reeeally close to the house! btw
Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jrmy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:00 am

Good luck with the move, man - I can't imagine the double-hassle of moving both your house AND your shop (I mean, the shop may be in the house, but I'd imagine that you have to pack work stuff differently than you do home stuff).

Looking forward to an Ogopogo-themed pedal sometime in the future!
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jakezor » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:30 am

jrmy wrote:Looking forward to an Ogopogo-themed pedal sometime in the future!

My thoughts too!

CryptidQuest?
Jakezor

committed
committed

Postby Tristan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Heya, exciting times, have a good one you two! :)
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Raintes » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:09 pm

Southern BC? As in southern Baja California, Mexico?! Sweeeeeeeeeet! j/k Good luck with the move! And don't forget to update your Instagram with some cool road trip pics. :) :yay:
Buy / Sell / Trade peeps - (HC): Zemmy, Jules-RM, TheMercyRule, Samuelch, atrox, unicornwarrior, jacobhf, KingdomGuitar, ispunk, hey_day, Offthiscentury, sublimeride / (ILF): RYAN (Dr. Scientist), bronzetalon (x2), Horatio, oldskool, bettsdn, bobcunningham, Hot Sleeper, bob the r0bot, Chaosmic, Grrface (TGP) weshunter, digdown2001, JPetty, Nelsdvn, barney steele, ylaux, JohnK24, Tone Meister, ddhabird, Braciola, ylaux, barney steele
Raintes

committed
committed

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:13 pm

yay moving! for some reason, that mountain reminds me of this adventure time ep/dude
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Scruffie » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:41 pm

Good luck Ryers! Looks like a cool place to live :) With the lake and the monster it seems like it'd be the setting for an x-files episode... which is no bad thing.
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby Moose » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Good luck with the move Ryan! Looks like an utterly stunning location, I hope everything goes smoothly :)
Moose

committed
committed

Next

Return to Dr. Scientist