The Clarkes are moving to BC!

Moderator: Ryan

Re: The Clarkes are moving to BC!

Postby sylnau » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:00 pm

IS summer all the time there Ry?
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:23 pm

good luck with the move
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby t-rey » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:26 pm

Good luck with the move!
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Paddyob » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:12 am

Too bad for us edmontonians!

I loved telling people this pedal was made locally! I still can, but my next one will be from bc. Boo. :P

You might want to leave all the Alberta built pedals here so they don't get homesick. I'll hold them for you. :D

Good luck Ryan and Tanya!
Paddyob

committed
committed

Postby Ryan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:42 pm

pewtershmit wrote:I log in to see what's going on with you and find out your coming out my way! That beer might just happen sooner than we thought, Ryan. I'm in penticton twice a year at least!

Right on, Danny, what a nice surprise! Penticton beers in our future!

colin wrote:Awesome, now I know exactly where you live so I can just show up at your door next time I'm in Summerland (not that I've ever actually been to Summerland).

Seriously though, this must be a pretty hectic and stressful move for you. My wife and I just bought our first house (Langley, BC), and holy crap has has house buying been the single most terrifyingly adult thing I've ever done!

Congrats Colin, that's huge news! *high five* It's complicated for sure, being a home owner.. mostly it rules though! I just gotta tell you a frustrating home owner story that happened to us 2 weeks ago.... Saturday night, we're watching tv, and we hear a loud high pitch squeal coming out of the utility room. We find the hot water tank is leaking water right out the bottom, blown its bladder. Turns out its a high efficiency, 2k to replace, had to wait until Tuesday since it was a long weekend... it sucked. All the other stuff about owning a home is sweet though, you're gonna love it! *smile*

goroth wrote:Next pedal: Housing Quest.

Haha yeah! We've got a very ambitious plan to build our forever-home in the Okanagan next year...

skullservant wrote:Good luck and be safe with the move Ryan!

Thanks Evan!

the.bjorndahl wrote:Awesome news!
My family moved out to Kaleden (just outside of Penticton to the South) from Calgary last year and its been a joy to get out of the city and into the Okanagan a couple times this year. Really really different feel than Alberta, everything seems to be very laid back out there.
Good luck with your move! I hope your Edmonton home moves quickly once its up for sale.

Very cool, I know Kaleden! It sure is different than the big city hey, it's got a different vibe down there. We've been city people for a long time so we're a little worried it'll be tough to get used to the small towns but we also love small towns and quietness and scenery.. so we're pumped. We hit the road in a few days and our house will officially be listed next week, thanks for the good luck! Hit me up when you're in the area!

Chankgeez wrote:Yes!

Ogopogo Lives!

Well I sure hope so.. it'll be pretty disappointing to spend every day scouring the lake for monsters and not find one...

Sparrow wrote:
goroth wrote:Next pedal: Housing Quest.
:lol:

i Know we all wish You, and Tanya the Best with the Move!! :group:
are you going to put a Dr. Scientist Sounds Sign beside the Summerland Sign? :idea:

that mountain is reeeally close to the house! btw

Thanks Josh! I was thinking a new sign was in order too... Summerland Guitar Pedals And Transmissions.. I think the guy will be ok with that.

The mountain is actually a Blink Mountain from Doctor Who... somebody has to always be looking at that mountain or it will roll right over Summerland. *scary music*

jrmy wrote:Good luck with the move, man - I can't imagine the double-hassle of moving both your house AND your shop (I mean, the shop may be in the house, but I'd imagine that you have to pack work stuff differently than you do home stuff).

Looking forward to an Ogopogo-themed pedal sometime in the future!

Thanks Jeremy! It's been stressful for sure and it's taken a lot of time and planning and work.. we're using a company called Big Steel Box for our move, they drop off a 20x8 metal sea can shipping container that you load up yourself and then they truck it to your new location. We had to get a second 10x8 container to hold all the shop stuff. And we have to pack our most important stuff with us in the truck so that's packed full too. I'm just happy the heavy lifting is over for now, it was a drag loading up those big bins!

Jakezor wrote:
jrmy wrote:Looking forward to an Ogopogo-themed pedal sometime in the future!

My thoughts too!

CryptidQuest?

I love this too, let's go for it!

Tristan wrote:Heya, exciting times, have a good one you two! :)

Thanks Tristan!

Raintes wrote:Southern BC? As in southern Baja California, Mexico?! Sweeeeeeeeeet! j/k Good luck with the move! And don't forget to update your Instagram with some cool road trip pics. :) :yay:

Haha yeah buddy, we're headed to Baja California! That would be pretty cool hey.. imagine you and me cruising the hoods of our favourite old songs, just a couple of OGs, maybe Disneyland too since OGs still gotta have some fun. I'll take some mountain pics of the drive down for Instagram, great idea! *smile*

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:yay moving! for some reason, that mountain reminds me of this adventure time ep/dude

Awesome pic and awesome show, thanks Doc!

Scruffie wrote:Good luck Ryers! Looks like a cool place to live :) With the lake and the monster it seems like it'd be the setting for an x-files episode... which is no bad thing.

Thanks Pete! I sure miss the X-Files, I really loved that show. I even loved it when Dogget and Monica took over, still cool by me.

Moose wrote:Good luck with the move Ryan! Looks like an utterly stunning location, I hope everything goes smoothly :)

Thanks Luke! So far so good, we got the tough part done yesterday, now our house is empty and we get painting and cleaning.. should be fun for a few days!

sylnau wrote:IS summer all the time there Ry?

Syl, I wouldn't BS you on something like this.. it's summer every single day there. *big smile* The Land Of Summer!

At worst in winter it goes down to 0 in the Okanagan, rarely colder than that, rarely any snow.. big difference from the prairies, it's brutal here.

Gigahearts_FX wrote:good luck with the move

Thanks Ian!

Paddyob wrote:Too bad for us edmontonians!

I loved telling people this pedal was made locally! I still can, but my next one will be from bc. Boo. :P

You might want to leave all the Alberta built pedals here so they don't get homesick. I'll hold them for you. :D

Good luck Ryan and Tanya!

Thanks Patrick! It's bittersweet for us for sure, life is awesome in Edmonton. Awesome place to be for a million reasons, awesome city, we definitely aren't leaving because we don't like it here, we love it here.

Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys, we really appreciate it. I'll show you more pics of the drive soon, won't be as wintery as my last pics in January!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:22 pm

You guys might gonna miss winter and the city sometimes but I guess you'll do just fine, good peeps do good wherever they go hey... ;) :thumb:
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby mikeyx13 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:21 pm

It sure is quiet around here with the Clarkes on the move...Hope all is going well for them, I know how much fun moving is...NOT
mikeyx13

committed
committed

Postby Ryan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:35 am

Thanks guys! We've been here 4 days now and it's great so far, still unpacking and setting up shop etc so thanks again to everybody who's been so patient with me and sorry for the long waits lately!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby futuresailors » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:46 am

So how's the local pizza? I assume you've sampled them all by now.
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.

fuck you.

McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:32 am

Hey Blake! Thanks for asking buddy, the local pizza is fantastic! There's 3 shops, all independent, and they're all great. One of them does awesome subs and one of them does awesome fried chicken.. so we're feeling pretty lucky!

There's also A&W and Dairy Queen and Subway. It's a town of about 11k people so it's super small but we're short drives from bigger cities with more burgers etc. Come on over, you'll love it here!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Dr. Scientist