Elements Incoming

Moderator: Ryan

Re: Elements Incoming

Postby 01010111 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:59 pm

I just got one and it's great. I can't believe I didn't bond with it when I tried it a few years ago. So much time wasted not enjoying this Swiss Army knife of sonic destruction :cry:

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:22 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:I deliberately avoid posting in threads about the Elements because I know I'm gonna get talked into buying one.
Which isn't the problem.
The problem is my complete lack of cash.

One day, though.

Shoot me an email sometime, I've got alternate options like birthday deals and blemished boxes.. help me help you get an Elements. *big smile*

wfs1234 wrote:I just got one and it's great. I can't believe I didn't bond with it when I tried it a few years ago. So much time wasted not enjoying this Swiss Army knife of sonic destruction :cry:

Awesome Willy, thank you! Awesome you revisited it too, thanks for the second shot!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Fuzzfizz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:02 pm

I have this sneaking suspicion this might not be my last Dr. Scientist. I am putting a sort of "back-up" pedalboard together-- not really a back up, more of a fun in the home studio thing. My gig board is pretty small, a PT mini with 7 pedals. The new one is a Jr and will have a couple of things for spacing out at home with - some long trail reverbs, a tape echo emulator, and, of course, some more dirt boxes - more radical then what I use with the band (I'm on the list for a PTD). Probably also another boost / tone-shaper will be needed, and I am thinking maybe a cleaness for that - I use a Fromel shape eq on my mini now, but it is a bit big. I was thinking of using the elements to fill that purpose when not being used as distortion- but it may get used mostly as distortion, judging by the vids and stuff I have seen. I have few boost pedals, but none of the really do Eq/shaping, which is a combo I think would be really useful.
Fuzzfizz

interested
interested

Postby goroth » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:23 am

It's a fantastic EQ pedal! Its just hard to turn that gain down....
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Doctor X » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:47 am

the key feature for me is clean/dirt mix with expression pedal
Sold to: dan_abnormal (3 times), Abanoise, Kayzer, Ragged Trousers, Schlatte
Bought from: McSpunckle, RitalinCupcake, Tendollarcat, Brobee, Ryan, cedarskies, behndy
Doctor X

experienced
experienced

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:33 am

Ryan wrote:Shoot me an email sometime, I've got alternate options like birthday deals and blemished boxes.. help me help you get an Elements. *big smile*

WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Doctor X » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:54 pm

Ryan wrote: I'd say the Elements compares most with other op amp clippers like the Tube Screamer, Rat, IC Muff, that kinda family.

is clipping toggle up - rat
toggle centre - screamer
toggle down - ic muff
?
Sold to: dan_abnormal (3 times), Abanoise, Kayzer, Ragged Trousers, Schlatte
Bought from: McSpunckle, RitalinCupcake, Tendollarcat, Brobee, Ryan, cedarskies, behndy
Doctor X

experienced
experienced

Postby Fuzzfizz » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:06 pm

Thought I'd follow up. Obviously, this pedal rocks. Tons of great dirt sounds. I'm still learning to use it, but it is pretty easy to get good boost, OD or fuzz sound without too much trouble - it's all the other variations on each of those that can be a time sink! The base tone of the pedal is great though, so no matter how I set it it sounds good. I was correct in my prediction: I now also have the mini reverberator - great, easy to use 'verb.

Also, and I should have seen this coming, this has kicked of a Fuzz addiction. I was previously an OD/light distortion guy, and now I am rapidly collecting some hairy fuzz boxes. Starting to learn more about different circuits - Muff vs fuzzface vs tonebender, and different chips, etc. As if effects in general was not a bad enough rabbit hole, now there is the fuzz sub-rabbit-hole.
Fuzzfizz

interested
interested

Postby sylnau » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:16 pm

Welcome to ILF fuzzbro!
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UnicornTrap » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:59 pm

never enough fuzz. could an elements replace my trusty mid 90s rat? I'm more interested in running it later in my fx chain because of it's clean mix knob, but i tend to run the rat before the muff circuit.
UnicornTrap

committed
committed

Postby goroth » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:37 am

Depends on how you set the filter. As for the actual gain generation/basic distortiony sound - yep. With a bit of work you'll definitely get close enough for rock n roll.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Ryan » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:38 am

Iommic Pope wrote:
Ryan wrote:Shoot me an email sometime, I've got alternate options like birthday deals and blemished boxes.. help me help you get an Elements. *big smile*

This has to be the best gif ever, it's hilarious and super cool... very nicely done!

Small derail but any Ghostbuster fans have to check out the 2009 PC game called Ghostbusters: The Video Game. It's written by Aykroyd and Ramis and stars all 4 of the crew including Janine and it's awesome. You can watch an edited movie of it on Youtube, it's about 2.5 hours long and it's funny and awesome.

Doctor X wrote:
Ryan wrote: I'd say the Elements compares most with other op amp clippers like the Tube Screamer, Rat, IC Muff, that kinda family.

is clipping toggle up - rat
toggle centre - screamer
toggle down - ic muff
?

Naw I don't really think like that, I just mean that the gain characteristics of op amp distortions are all kinda similar in their general nature... if you have enough control over the gain and eq you can dial in those sounds, close enough for rock'n'roll at least.

Fuzzfizz wrote:Thought I'd follow up. Obviously, this pedal rocks. Tons of great dirt sounds. I'm still learning to use it, but it is pretty easy to get good boost, OD or fuzz sound without too much trouble - it's all the other variations on each of those that can be a time sink! The base tone of the pedal is great though, so no matter how I set it it sounds good. I was correct in my prediction: I now also have the mini reverberator - great, easy to use 'verb.

Also, and I should have seen this coming, this has kicked of a Fuzz addiction. I was previously an OD/light distortion guy, and now I am rapidly collecting some hairy fuzz boxes. Starting to learn more about different circuits - Muff vs fuzzface vs tonebender, and different chips, etc. As if effects in general was not a bad enough rabbit hole, now there is the fuzz sub-rabbit-hole.

Totally awesome and thank you for the follow up! Makes my Saturday! And a Reverberator... I'm thinking new best friend here! *smile* Thank you very much, it's really appreciated.

And hey, welcome to your new addiction.. you picked a gooder, you're gonna love it!

UnicornTrap wrote:never enough fuzz. could an elements replace my trusty mid 90s rat? I'm more interested in running it later in my fx chain because of it's clean mix knob, but i tend to run the rat before the muff circuit.

Yeah, what Matt said.. it can get in the ballpark for sure since it's also op amp based and has a lot of control.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UnicornTrap » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:03 am

thanks! good to know since i am selling my rat and was interested anyway :)
UnicornTrap

committed
committed

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:13 am

Playing with my latest rig last night, was getting some killer, touch sensitive low gain sounds out the elements
I seriously cant wait to get my 2nd one so I can have one set for the low gain stuff, other other rocking out.... and that stack is sure to kick ass too.
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:53 am

the second Elements hath shippethed.

I cant wait..eth ?
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to Dr. Scientist