Tremolessence problems?

Moderator: Ryan

Tremolessence problems?

Postby dantahoua » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:50 am

Hello!
I have some "not sure" issues with my tremolessence (blue model with 6 knob):

-Seems when I engage the pedal, I can ear some kind of distorted sound, like clipping... Reminds me when you clip the input stage of a pedal... It's very light and noticeable in the high frequency... I lend the pedal to a friend who was recording in a studio and he also ear this light distorted sound... Any idea? Am I the only one?

-Is it me or sometime the depth is hard to control... The effect is too present and just a pinch back on the knob and the effect seems too far. Is it possible that the depth control is more a mix control?

-Rate knob is very sensitive too, like slow speed for 60% of the knob course and then you have the last 40% to dial the other speed.

I still love this pedal! I just would like to be sure the pedal is working the way it should. :)
Thanks.

V.
dantahoua

interested
interested

Re: Tremolessence problems?

Postby bronzetalon » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:09 pm

When Ryan switch to the click less switching some of his pedals weren't grounded properly. Also the first rev of the Trem, which you have, had sensitive pots that Ryan fixed. Send him a message and he will fix the pedal for ya.
bronzetalon

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Tremolessence problems?

Postby Ryan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:50 pm

Hey Vince!

Sounds like you have some v1 troubles for sure, thank you Ian for explaining. Although the distortion noise isn't normal, the Trem is super clean and quiet, tons of headroom. I could smooth out the rate control for sure, probably not the depth though.. I've used the same depth control on every Trem, even the old ones, always found it to be really normal and fine.

Shoot me an email and we can make arrangements for a tune up!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Dr. Scientist