The BitQuest User Settings Thread

Moderator: Ryan

Re: The BitQuest User Settings Thread

Postby Sparrow » Sun May 25, 2014 8:56 pm

uuummm. Yes! your demos are Great! Load it Up :joy:
Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby neonblack » Sun May 25, 2014 9:17 pm

Do it up! I'm getting one of the last ones in a week or two and I wanna know what I'm in for.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:39 pm

Show us that bass demo, Adam!

Cool delay sound you have there, Josh, that's a great clip.

So Vincent, you've had your BQ a few days now, whatcha thinking? Decent with bass? Middle of the chain is best? I'd probably stick at the end? I don't know, guess it depends on the other pedals and what kind of weird you're going for...
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Clean Channel » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:46 pm

Getting the BitQuest is one of the best things that ever happened to me.
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ryan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:48 pm

I feel like making the BitQuest was one of the best things that ever happened to me! Learning the code and getting into that DSP world, it opened up the world of programming to me and now I'm hooked... I've got 3 different Arduino boards sitting right here.. I got it bad for micros!

Thanks Tim, really happy you like the pedal!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:57 pm

I echo the sentiment that the BitQuest is one of the best pedals that I've played. I haven't been this inspired in a long time, by ANYTHING.

Confession: I like dialing in something great in one setting, then switching between all the other modes to see what they all would sound like with that setting
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:00 pm

I love that, fun way to experiment with the BQ! Awesome you're digging it, Evan, makes my day! *high five* And I'm gonna SSStampede the hell out of this place, you can count on that!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:04 pm

Ryan wrote:So Vincent, you've had your BQ a few days now, whatcha thinking? Decent with bass? Middle of the chain is best? I'd probably stick at the end? I don't know, guess it depends on the other pedals and what kind of weird you're going for...

Man, I love it! I have it second to last in my chain and I think its best there. I have a Fairfield Unpleasant Surprise afterward to add some glitchy brokenness to certain settings. Ring mod blended with clean bass into unpleasant surprise sounds like the opening scene in Terminator 2 where the humans are fighting the robots.

As far as how it does with bass- Amazing. The clean blend helps keep the low end with certain settings (bitcrush, pitch shift, and ring mod specifically). The reverb at full wet is thunderous, no clean blend needed.

Heres that robot war setting for anyone who's interested:

Clean Ring Mod
Ctrl 1 - between 1 and 2 o clock
Ctrl 2 - 9 o clock
Tone - 10 o clock
Ctrl 0 - minimum
Vol - 2 o clock
Mix - 11 o clock

Run that into an Unpleasant Surprise with the gate set aggressively, or any other gated fuzz should work. Then I boost it with an OD before the BitQuest to give it some extra oomph. I love it. I'll try to record a clip of that one soon.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:09 pm

Ryan wrote:I love that, fun way to experiment with the BQ! Awesome you're digging it, Evan, makes my day! *high five* And I'm gonna SSStampede the hell out of this place, you can count on that!

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Shipping tomorrow!!! :hug:
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:09 pm

Totally awesome! Really happy you're liking it and it's working well for you! I love that you're finding the ring mod so useful, it's such a weird and gross sound hey.. I imagine it turns a lot of people off but there's some really neat textures and sounds in that ugly noise.

I love hearing any and all clips, it doesn't matter if it's a cell phone or an old camera or whatever, it's always cool and always appreciated.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:12 pm

I think I'm gonna record some clips soon, I've been fooling around with it the past two days and really trying it through its paces and come up with some sounds I wanna share!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:14 pm

That would rule, Evan, thanks! I've been meaning to do some shorter clips, little bites of cool sounds.. it's tough to do a big demo of the BQ, there's a lot to remember and sometimes when you're turning the knobs you can get into some pretty ugly sounds or no sound or unexpected feedback or some surprise that throws you off.. it's kinda part of the fun I guess too ha!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:16 pm

Weird and gross works for me. Im writing abrasive noisy effects-heavy punk type stuff and my guitar player situation is up in the air, so anything I can use to fill space is great. Actually, with my new BitQuest, I find myself needing a guitarist a lot less. I need to get a looper now to use it to its full potential.

Oh, and this is the first time ive owned a delay and I really dig it.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:24 pm

That sounds like really cool music to me, looking forward to hearing what you're up to!

Wow first delay pedal hey.. that's cool! Delay is a really fun and awesome sounding effect and man, there's as much variation and textural differences between delay pedals as there is with fuzz.. it's a whole new world to get into... you're gonna love it! *smile*
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:28 pm

Yeah, Im stoked! My wife and wallet, however...
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Dr. Scientist