The BitQuest Pre-Order Is OVAH! THANK YOU GUYS!

Moderator: Ryan

Re: The BitQuest Pre-Order Is OVAH! THANK YOU GUYS!

Postby Ryan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:48 pm

You wouldn't even have to send it back, I'd just need to send you a new memory chip. You pop the back off, pop out the old memory chip, pop in the new one, and Bob's your uncle.

One future I foresee is there's a depository of BitQuest patches and a customer will buy the pedal and then ponder the other available patches, email me a list, I burn them a custom chip and mail it out. That's down the road though, for now I consider the BQ done and there's just the 8 patches, no extras... but as I do more Spin work it just makes sense that it could benefit the BQ as well and that over the years I'd tweak and improve and empower the original 8 patches even more or in new directions...
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:23 pm

Man, that's nuts. This is the pedal of the future.

I really gotta get some more of your stuff.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Sparrow » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:11 am

Ryan wrote:You wouldn't even have to send it back, I'd just need to send you a new memory chip. You pop the back off, pop out the old memory chip, pop in the new one, and Bob's your uncle.

One future I foresee is there's a depository of BitQuest patches and a customer will buy the pedal and then ponder the other available patches, email me a list, I burn them a custom chip and mail it out. That's down the road though, for now I consider the BQ done and there's just the 8 patches, no extras... but as I do more Spin work it just makes sense that it could benefit the BQ as well and that over the years I'd tweak and improve and empower the original 8 patches even more or in new directions...

:whoa:

glad you're move is going well Ryan!
i'm interested to see what new look you have for the BitQuest!
and .. i was going to say. the BitQuest is cool and all. but, it was lacking in options! :p
Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:44 am

Man, I'm stoked for this. Placed an order with the Norwegian dealer. Best of luck with your move, and may fortune be forever in thine favour, dude!
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby ChetMagongalo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:54 am

I was never able to get enough money till the preorder was over, can't wait for the production model! I'm sure you and your wife will knock it out of the park :)
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyfalconX/videos
rustywire wrote:Post your battle jacket of wrong bands

psychic vampire. wrote:I believe all authorities should be destroyed?
ChetMagongalo

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:29 pm

Ryan wrote:You wouldn't even have to send it back, I'd just need to send you a new memory chip. You pop the back off, pop out the old memory chip, pop in the new one, and Bob's your uncle.

That's devil talk. BURN THE WITCHES!!

Although I just had no way of being one of the early purchases of this pedal, I'm still really excited for it.
Catalinbread⁞⁞Earthquaker Devices⁞⁞Strymon⁞⁞Smallsound/Bigsound
Iron Ether⁞⁞Black Arts Toneworks⁞⁞Dr. Scientist⁞⁞Fairfield Circuitry
Tom Anderson⁞⁞Ibanez⁞⁞Guild⁞⁞Gretsch⁞⁞Fryette⁞⁞Audio Kitchen

Doom Room - type fast, riff slow
AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:08 pm

If you happen to get bored sometime, you should work on a univibe/leslie sim patch ;)
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby breitnersn » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:41 am

Ryan wrote:Thanks Franz! Couldn't have done it without you buddy! *smile*

Now that they're all gone I really miss the BitQuest..

I had been thinking that we'd have to get through our move before we'd be able to get the BQ into production, and I'm not sure now. The move has progressed well, mom is now living in Summerland and we've got our house half-packed up and a big storage bin to move it all into is out back, so we're trucking along... but I'm kinda kicking myself for not having those new BQ boxes in hand right now. I'm gonna check in with my box guys and see exactly where we're at, maybe we'll start making them sooner than later... I'm not really sure!

Worst case, we get moved to Penticton over the next couple months and then I start building them! I'm really excited to get them officially out there, I think it's the best/coolest/most fun and hopefully most popular pedal I make.

Oooh... too kind, Ryan *blush*

All the best for moving and boxing and all of that stuff you haven't finished meanwhile.

I think a lot about optimizing BQ patches and hardware. For example it would be great to have a switch to decide whether the expression jack is active or not. So you wouldn't have to unplug the expression pedal to get manual control. It would also be great if you could choose which knob is controlled by the expression pedal. Probably this is too much for a pedal of this size?
I think it would be really cool if you could limit the modulation range. The BQ has a very wide range. I think a bitcrusher that modulates the rate of downsampling just in a narrow area could sound more "responsive" or "natural". Controlling the sample rate by an envelope follower would be great, too. I love bitcrushers but often wish they would react more dynamic too what you play. I love that you added so much modulation features to the clean BQ. It's a fantastic way to make digital effects more lively. The ring mod with modulation around 10 o'clock is just killer. Adding random and envelope features would be really cool. I wish there was a "control pedal" that you can connect to expression jacks that could give you such features for any pedal you like.
breitnersn

committed
committed

Postby sylnau » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:40 pm

Hey guys!! How is the BitQuest filter setting compared to the IE Xero DLX?
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:41 pm

sylnau wrote:Hey guys!! How is the BitQuest filter setting compared to the IE Xero DLX?

Completely different. I'm not a huge fan of the filter on the Bitquest, but it does some cool shit.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby goroth » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:03 pm

The xero is a dedicated lpf, and it is fantastic. The filter on the BQ is one knob for lpf and one for hpf. Unlike some of the patches which seem to work better in clean mode I think the filters need to be used together, and they need to be used on the dirty side. You can get awesome cocked wah sounds and crunchy distortions and filtered overdrive. I don't see any overlap between the two. There is definitely no way you could replace one with the other.

Which is why I have both on my board :)
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Ryan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:13 pm

Sparrow wrote:glad you're move is going well Ryan!
i'm interested to see what new look you have for the BitQuest!
and .. i was going to say. the BitQuest is cool and all. but, it was lacking in options! :p

Thanks Josh! We're still loading up our big steel box, our move isn't going to be as hectic as mom's was.. we're not in a huge rush, another month or two is fine. So I'll probably do a run of BitQuests before we go, I think I'll have the production boxes by the end of the month.

Eivind August wrote:Man, I'm stoked for this. Placed an order with the Norwegian dealer. Best of luck with your move, and may fortune be forever in thine favour, dude!

Thank you very much! They checked in with me awhile ago about it, they've got their order in already. Much appreciated!

ChetMagongalo wrote:I was never able to get enough money till the preorder was over, can't wait for the production model! I'm sure you and your wife will knock it out of the park :)

Buckle up, buddy, it's gonna look cool!

AngryGoldfish wrote:Although I just had no way of being one of the early purchases of this pedal, I'm still really excited for it.

I'm gonna make the BitQuest for years and years and you're gonna try one for sure, I just know it.

neonblack wrote:If you happen to get bored sometime, you should work on a univibe/leslie sim patch ;)

My ultimate goal would be to one day recreate the rotating speaker patch from the Reverberator.. the man who designed that patch, Keith Barr, designed the Spin FV-1 that the BQ is based on, so it would be a cool challenge and tribute.

breitnersn wrote:Oooh... too kind, Ryan *blush*

All the best for moving and boxing and all of that stuff you haven't finished meanwhile.

I think a lot about optimizing BQ patches and hardware. For example it would be great to have a switch to decide whether the expression jack is active or not. So you wouldn't have to unplug the expression pedal to get manual control. It would also be great if you could choose which knob is controlled by the expression pedal. Probably this is too much for a pedal of this size?
I think it would be really cool if you could limit the modulation range. The BQ has a very wide range. I think a bitcrusher that modulates the rate of downsampling just in a narrow area could sound more "responsive" or "natural". Controlling the sample rate by an envelope follower would be great, too. I love bitcrushers but often wish they would react more dynamic too what you play. I love that you added so much modulation features to the clean BQ. It's a fantastic way to make digital effects more lively. The ring mod with modulation around 10 o'clock is just killer. Adding random and envelope features would be really cool. I wish there was a "control pedal" that you can connect to expression jacks that could give you such features for any pedal you like.

Thanks Franz!

Thanks for the ponderings too, much appreciated. You know, I don't think there's a single hardware change I can make to the BitQuest, it's completely jam-packed to the rafters without a mm to spare. I think I'll really only be able to adjust the code through the years as I want to keep the pedal in the 125B box.

More envelope and random in the future for sure.. I don't have a great handle on those systems yet or I'd do more with them already. They're tough! *smile*

sylnau wrote:Hey guys!! How is the BitQuest filter setting compared to the IE Xero DLX?

The BQ filter patch is really cool and straight forward.. one filter takes away the highs and lower, one filter takes away the lows and up.. it's simple and the filters are really clean and powerful, they slice steeply. You just leave the resonance knob down if you don't want any weirdness and feedback.. otherwise they're just really simple and steep filters. Awesome!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby space6oy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:11 pm

god i wish i hadn't missed out on this. :cry:
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Dr. Scientist