The BitQuest Pre-Order Is OVAH! THANK YOU GUYS!

Moderator: Ryan

The BitQuest Pre-Order Is OVAH! THANK YOU GUYS!

Postby Ryan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:42 pm

**THESE ARE ALL GONE NOW, THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND THE BITQUEST WILL BE BACK AND IN STORES SOON!**

Heeyyyoooo Digital Adventurers!

Llllllleeeettt'sss Geeeet Reeeeaaaddddyyyyy To BiiiiiiiiiiiitttQuuuuuueeeeeeeessssst!

This is a long post full of info but lots of you already know all this stuff, so if you don't want to read any further and you just want to order the damn pedal then please send $250 USD (send CAD if you're in Canada, send $270 USD if you're in Aus/Asia/Euro) to paypal@drscientist.ca and you'll get a BitQuest in 6 weeks or less!

So what is the BitQuest anyway?

The BitQuest is a simple multi-effect pedal, it has 8 digital effects that I think are cool and fun and interesting. The effects are a flanger, a pair of HP and LP filters, a bit crusher and sample rate reducer, an infinite reverb, a notch filter, a ring modulator, a pitch shifter, and a 1 second delay.

You get 3 controls for the digital effects, more on that later, and the rest of your controls are analog. You get an analog dry/wet mix, an active treble control like on the Cleanness/Elements, and a volume control. The tone and volume knobs only work on the wet signal, your dry signal just passes on through a buffer and meets up at the output. You also get an expression input that takes over for CTRL1.

The BitQuest has 2 modes it can operate in, dirty or clean, selectable by the toggle. (You have to click the toggle over then click off your current patch and back to it, the Spin needs re-clicked to reset it's patch setting.) The mode changes what controls the effects have. In Dirty mode, the patches are all oriented towards being used with a built in high gain digital distortion. One of the three digital controls becomes a gain control with a built-in noise gate. In Clean mode the patches are oriented towards being used clean/dry so the gain knob (and on some patches a second knob) becomes an effect parameter control, giving you more power over the clean patches.

Here's the effects and their controls in both modes, it goes Patch Name then CTRL0, CTRL1, CTRL2:

DIRTY QUEST!

1 - Flanger - Gain, Rate, Flanger Effect Level

2 - HP/LP Filters - Gain, LPF, HPF

3 - Bit Crusher - Gain, Bit Depth, Sample Rate

4 - Reverb - Gain, Decay Time, Fuzz/Reverb Mix

5 - Notch Filter - Gain, Notch Freq, Notch Q

6 - Ring Modulator - Gain, Modulator Freq, Fuzz/Ring Mix

7 - Pitch Shifter - Gain, Pitch Shift, Fuzz/Pitch Mix

8 - Delay - Gain, Delay Time, Repeats

CLEAN QUEST!

1 - FLANGER - Feedback, Rate, Delay Time

2 - HP/LP Filters - Resonance, LPF, HPF

3 - Bit Crusher - Sample Rate Modulation, Bit Depth, Sample Rate

4 - Reverb - Pre-delay, Decay Time, Pre-delay Modulation

5 - Notch Filter - Envelope, Notch Freq, Notch Q

6 - Ring Modulator - Modulator Modulation, Modulator Freq, Reverb

7 - Pitch Shifter - Pitch 1, Pitch Mix, Pitch 2

8 - Delay - Address Modulation, Delay Time, Repeats

Here's what the pedal sounds like in both modes:

Dirty Demo:

Clean Demo:

To launch the BitQuest the gents at Acid Splash Designs, the lovely and talented jwar and excane, have made 50 acid etched boxes. They get 1 each so there will be 48 available here for the pre-order.

They look like this:

BitQuest front.jpg
(104.21 KiB) Downloaded 1828 times

Adam, correct me if I'm wrong, but the majority of them are a black/dark grey colour, right? A handful have some colour on them like green or pink or red splatter. But mostly they're grey, so plan on getting a grey one! I don't know what the knobs will be like yet, something cool, open to suggestions.

Here's the build, I've made 4 protos, the pcb is tested and proven and ready for prime time.

BitQuest Final Proto Jan2014 inside (Large).jpg
BitQuest Final Proto Jan2014 inside (Large).jpg (85.75 KiB) Viewed 10675 times

Ok, the pre-order info!

Everything is in place to order for this run, the boxes will be in the mail on Monday and the pcbs and parts will be ordered next week as well. Everything will have a couple/few week lead time to arrive, nothing is out of stock or hard to get, it's all ready and available. Then I'll need a couple weeks to get all of 'em built and shipped. So the whole pre-order wait time here is going to be 6 weeks or less and that's very firm.

The price for one of these limited BitQuests is $250 USD. (if you're in Canada you can pay in CAD) I'll do this like I did for the Cosmichorus, if you want to put down a deposit and save your place in line that's fine.) People who pay full up front will get their pedal built and shipped first plus the first full-payers will get to request a coloured box if they want. There's a small number of the colours so please don't expect to get one, expect a black/grey BitQuest as that's the majority.

Payment can be made to paypal@drscientist.ca and let me know your email address to correspond and your shirt size. I'll check in with all orders and confirm them. If you pay straight away you can let me know if you want a colour box, otherwise don't worry about it, yours will be black/grey. (I'm not sure if they're all black or if some are grey, sorry about that, we'll know soon!)

Along with the cool acid etched BitQuest you'll also get some sweet stickers, some sweet glow-in-the-dark picks (because the start of every quest should always be something like C:> Get lamp) and a sweet logo t-shirt with the rocket swooshing around the Dr. Scientist and flying into the I like at the top of our website.

Ok, fire away with any questions and thanks very much for reading all this and going on this digital adventure with me! I hope you guys think this is the funnest pedal you've played in a long time!

And hey, Happy Valentine's Day! :group:

*NEW PART*

Here's the finished boxes to choose from!

BitQuest pre-order pic (Large).jpg
(167.1 KiB) Downloaded 1420 times

**ONLY A FEW LEFT, EMAIL FIRST!**
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: The BitQuest Pre-Order Palooza!

Postby Ryan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:46 pm

Any questions at all, fire away, sorry for the huge read!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:49 pm

Sorry for the confusion, if you're in the States please pay in USD. Only Canucks can pay in CAD.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby breitnersn » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:51 pm

Paid! I'll take whatever enclosure it will be. Great!

And now I read the post...
breitnersn

committed
committed

Postby goroth » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:52 pm

Yippee!
Got lamp!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Ryan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:54 pm

Shucks you guys are fast, thanks very much!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:55 pm

Been half falling asleep to Behemoth's new album and Triptykon. Good fun! Now I'm going to have to say goodnight to Tom G Warrior and take up questing again tomorrow. Good fun! Thanks Ryan, Adam and Jeff!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Ryan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Thanks Matt! Have a great snooze!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Helter » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:58 pm

So excited! I managed to scrounge up the cash! Ordered!
Live your life like a tree.
spacelordmother wrote:Didn't hate it
Incoming
True pedge
Helter

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ryan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:59 pm

Thanks Brad! And Arjan and Willy and Franz!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:01 pm

Ryan wrote:Sorry for the confusion, if you're in the States please pay in USD. Only Canucks can pay in CAD.

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Ryan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:04 pm

haha I saw something like that.. she's gonna get a free coke or beer outta there right?
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:05 pm

Cananada... membership has its privileges
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:07 pm

I should explain, I let Canadians pay in CAD because there'll only be a couple Canadian orders and the exchange is really bad right now. All the parts, pcbs, boxes, and Spin chips have to be bought from the States, so to not receive USD would cost me way more on everything.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gutmann » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:08 pm

order placed, breitnersen pays, live's good!

:hug:
Gutmann

involved
involved

Next

Return to Dr. Scientist