Driving through the Rocky Mountains in winter

Moderator: Ryan

Re: Driving through the Rocky Mountains in winter

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:58 pm

Totally awesome, Jerrod, thanks for showing us these and they don't disappoint at all! Really cool pics, love the coastal scenery.. Tanya and I've gotta see that side of the country. The prairies are nice but you must miss it there, looks like a neat place to me.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:01 am

Those are nice snaps. I like the boats, but... wot, no potatoes?

How you gonna make poutine without potatoes?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby dubhain » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:13 am

Thanks, guys!

Unfornately, I don't get home during potato season anymore. I could post a pic of the McCain potato warehouse/processing facility if that would help?

I do miss home from time to time, Ryan, but the prairies are pretty cool and, like I said earlier, I LOVE the mountains so that helps with the bouts of homesickness.
Pedalboard Temple T34

Pedals DryBell Vibe Machine > EQD Hoof > SGFX If 6 Was 9 > Wilson Rippah wah > SGFX Custom Shop Buffer > SGFX Super Drive Ltd > SGFX Nitro > Dr Scientist BitQuest! > Dr Scientist Reverberator > Digitech JamMan Solo XT

Amp Laney VC15

Guitar customized Fender Powerhouse Stratocaster, Washburn acoustic
dubhain

interested
interested

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:24 am

dubhain wrote:... I could post a pic of the McCain potato warehouse/processing facility if that would help?

No, that's completely unnecessary.

I've eaten my fair share of PEI potatoes (that includes McCain products). I'm familiar with what they look like. Potato warehouses aren't as interesting as potatoes themselves. Thank you anyway.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Ryan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:22 pm

dubhain wrote:Thanks, guys!

Unfornately, I don't get home during potato season anymore. I could post a pic of the McCain potato warehouse/processing facility if that would help?

I do miss home from time to time, Ryan, but the prairies are pretty cool and, like I said earlier, I LOVE the mountains so that helps with the bouts of homesickness.

As an ex process operator, yeah, I definitely wanna see that processing plant! *smile*

So true, the mountains are friggin cool! This is a great area, I've thoroughly enjoyed my time in the Alberian prairies. I wonder if Edmonton has any restaurants with an east coast flair, maybe some delicacies from that side of the country?
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubhain » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:05 pm

In Fort Saskatchewan, there is Pizza Delight, which is an east coast franchise. You should try the garlic fingers with donair sauce. Great taste of the Maritimes. In Edmonton, there is a place called Back Home that is a fish place run by people from Newfoundland. There are some others but I can't think of them at the moment.

Back Home is at 104 ave and 124 street. Pizza Delight is left at the second set of lights and then on the right if you're coming from the Yellowhead.
Pedalboard Temple T34

Pedals DryBell Vibe Machine > EQD Hoof > SGFX If 6 Was 9 > Wilson Rippah wah > SGFX Custom Shop Buffer > SGFX Super Drive Ltd > SGFX Nitro > Dr Scientist BitQuest! > Dr Scientist Reverberator > Digitech JamMan Solo XT

Amp Laney VC15

dubhain

interested
interested

Postby Ryan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:11 pm

Nice Jerrod, thanks for the tips! East coast pizza franchise hey, got my attention there!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubhain » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:23 pm

I ended going there last night for supper after mentioning it to you.....
Pedalboard Temple T34

Amp Laney VC15

dubhain

interested
interested

Postby Ryan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:59 am

I'm pretty curious about that place.. I think we should start a show-your-pizza thread...
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Dr. Scientist